Follow

Marvel Mangaverse

Concept » Marvel Mangaverse appears in 49 issues.

The Marvel Mangaverse was designated Earth-2301 in the Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe: Alternate Universes 2005. Inevitably the series was short lived with mixed reactions.

Would a New Mangaverse be able to last?

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AllNewOverseer
    AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AllNewOverseer

I myself have an idea for a "New Mangaverse"

BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By BKole

Oh really?

What idea is this? I think Mangaverse might work better if it was controlled and written by a rotating team of Japanese writers and artists. That way they could control their output a bit better and make it properly about Manga rather than making it American Manga. But that said, I've loved everything Mangaverse

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AllNewOverseer

My version of the Mangaverse picks up where the original left off only with a few changes to the history such as Valture led the wold wide genocide not Fury and Electra betrays the team to King Pin. The survivors now consist of a new Avengerse team (Luke Cage/Power Man as leader, Iron Man, Wolverine (now without the laser claws, I never liked those much, and a bit of a younger appearence with a costume looking like a mix between street cloths and is classic outfit), Spider-Man (now with both his ninja background and spider powers, drawing some eliments from Naruto), Spider Woman (a spider powered Mary Jane), Black Cat (now MJ's rivel for Peter's affections), Moon Knight, The Torch (Based after Mangaverse Torch only now she's more like this universe's Firestar and is Johnny and Sue's younger half-sister), Captain America (still Carol Danvers), and Deadpool) several other heroes have also survied (like Dr. Strange, Daredevil and Hulk (who's more of a cross between 616 and Godzilla)) and now they're mostly trying to cope with a world tuned upside down dealing with how few heroes in the world there are, as new and old threats become known like the Mandarine, the Skrull, Dr. Doom and even Mephistopheles, while struggling with poor public opinion, SHEILD's agendas and new heroes becoming known (like Blade, Iron Fist and Venom (turning anti-hero with a major change in appearance)). And the only aid they've got is Nick Fury (looking more like Ultimate version).

As for behind the scenes I really like your ideas. Some of the plots are a little unsatisfying and the art could have been better (though I strangely find myself pretty ok with the art). And I also thought Marvel had the wrong idea. Insted of doing what they did, Marvel should have taken the base coar of Earth 616 and put it in an manga shell not make it completely diffrent for the sake of making it manga. Also they could add in more charaters like J. Jonah Jamason, Death and Ronin.

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

I think that Marvel mangaverse would succeed if it were truly manga, not "americanga".

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
    deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

KillerZ said:
    "I think that Marvel mangaverse would succeed if it were truly manga, not "americanga".
    "
    I second that!
    oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By oldmagic

I always thought they butchered the art by trying to mix in two different styles and the end result is....butchery. Either way, it sucks!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
    deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What The Marvel Mangaverse needs is a team that actually writes and draws Manga for a living such as CLAMP (the Creators of Cardcaptor Sakura, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, Magic Knight Rayearth, Chobits, etc.) and not have people like Ben Dunn at the helm. What about that guy who did Wolverine: Snikt? That was a pretty good series. I am sure he could make a "New" New Mangaverse work.

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AllNewOverseer
    King Hyperion said:
    "What The Marvel Mangaverse needs is a team that actually writes and draws Manga for a living such as CLAMP (the Creators of Cardcaptor Sakura, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, Magic Knight Rayearth, Chobits, etc.) and not have people like Ben Dunn at the helm. What about that guy who did Wolverine: Snikt? That was a pretty good series. I am sure he could make a "New" New Mangaverse work.
    "
    I second that motion. The Mangaverse should be drawn by experienced manga artists. Though I find the character designs themselves to be good. Just in need of better artists.
    AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AllNewOverseer

King Hyperion said:

"What The Marvel Mangaverse needs is a team that actually writes and draws Manga for a living such as CLAMP (the Creators of Cardcaptor Sakura, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, Magic Knight Rayearth, Chobits, etc.)

Those are some good styles. Though I'm slightly partial to Totally Spies and/or Read Or Die style. Also what about the charatcer designs and alterations? Keep or leave?

Avatar image for loaded_revolver
    Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Loaded Revolver

Mangaverse doesn't have to suck.Get Udon on the art,write some good stuff...it could work out.The bullsh#t they did before..X-Men:Ronin,The Phoenix crap,Legend of the Spider-Clan etc.Most of it wasn't even mediocre.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gunswordfist
    Loaded Revolver said:
    "Mangaverse doesn't have to suck.Get Udon on the art,write some good stuff...it could work out.The bullsh#t they did before..X-Men:Ronin,The Phoenix crap,Legend of the Spider-Clan etc.Most of it wasn't even mediocre."

Udon is great.

Overseer said:
    "Spider Woman (a spider powered Mary Jane"
    That definitely sounds like manga. Superhero's in manga seem to always have their girlfriends have powers sooner or later.

Anyway, I don't think I've ever heard of Marvel Mangaverse but doing a new one sounds great. They should NOT just get any experienced manga artist. I'm sorry but I HATE how most manga looks. They should get some artists and writers that are fans of manga that already work on American comics like Greg Pak and Frank Miller (I LOVE his cover art for Samurai Executioner Vol. 1, the only manga I've ever read) There are also so artist that can do manga like art like Ultimate Spider-Man's Mark Bagley.
    AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AllNewOverseer
    gunswordfist said:
    They should NOT just get any experienced manga artist. I'm sorry but I HATE how most manga looks. They should get some artists and writers that are fans of manga that already work on American comics like Greg Pak and Frank Miller (I LOVE his cover art for Samurai Executioner Vol. 1, the only manga I've ever read) There are also so artist that can do manga like art like Ultimate Spider-Man's Mark Bagley.
    Though I agree with your earlier statments, in all truth, a mangaverse would not really be a mangaverse if it wasn't done in an anime/manga style. Hence the name. I'm not trying to be rude or insulting but in all truth an experienced manga art team would be nessisary for a truly good mangaverse, though writers from the normal comics will be welcome. The people who did Marvel Knights or those doing Dark Reign would be pretty good story wise though fans of anime/manga will be sort of a nessessity to get in the humor and antics of mangaverse versions of the heroes.
    gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gunswordfist
    Overseer said:
    "gunswordfist said:
    They should NOT just get any experienced manga artist. I'm sorry but I HATE how most manga looks. They should get some artists and writers that are fans of manga that already work on American comics like Greg Pak and Frank Miller (I LOVE his cover art for Samurai Executioner Vol. 1, the only manga I've ever read) There are also so artist that can do manga like art like Ultimate Spider-Man's Mark Bagley.
    Though I agree with your earlier statments, in all truth, a mangaverse would not really be a mangaverse if it wasn't done in an anime/manga style. Hence the name. I'm not trying to be rude or insulting but in all truth an experienced manga art team would be nessisary for a truly good mangaverse, though writers from the normal comics will be welcome. The people who did Marvel Knights or those doing Dark Reign would be pretty good story wise though fans of anime/manga will be sort of a nessessity to get in the humor and antics of mangaverse versions of the heroes."
    I see what you mean but what I was saying was that you don't have to be Japanese to do manga style art. I think Frank Miller and Mark Bagley have and could do it right. That's all.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pixelized
    Loaded Revolver said:
    "Mangaverse doesn't have to suck.Get Udon on the art,write some good stuff...it could work out.The bullsh#t they did before..X-Men:Ronin,The Phoenix crap,Legend of the Spider-Clan etc.Most of it wasn't even mediocre."
    Any comic idea would work with good writing.
    gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gunswordfist

So was the old mangaverse unreadable or something?

Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Clutch

Udon should do the art and make it real..MANGA.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gunswordfist
    Clutch said:
    "Udon should do the art and make it real..MANGA."

Barack Obama approves this message.
    AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AllNewOverseer
    gunswordfist said:
    "Overseer said:
    "gunswordfist said:
    Though I agree with your earlier statments, in all truth, a mangaverse would not really be a mangaverse if it wasn't done in an anime/manga style. Hence the name. I'm not trying to be rude or insulting but in all truth an experienced manga art team would be nessisary for a truly good mangaverse, though writers from the normal comics will be welcome. The people who did Marvel Knights or those doing Dark Reign would be pretty good story wise though fans of anime/manga will be sort of a nessessity to get in the humor and antics of mangaverse versions of the heroes."
    I see what you mean but what I was saying was that you don't have to be Japanese to do manga style art. I think Frank Miller and Mark Bagley have and could do it right. That's all."

When you put it that way. I'd agree.
    AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AllNewOverseer
    Clutch said:

Not so much unreadable as not given the time or effort it deserved. Something of a good idea that wasn't able to reach its full potensial.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Clutch said:
    ^Why is everyone co-signing this post when he pretty much said the same exact thing as me?
    AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AllNewOverseer

Ok. It's been who knows how long but to let all who read this know; I've completely revamped and rebooted my new mangaverse. Now known as The Marvel Mangaverse V2.
    Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
    carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By carnivalofsins00

i know a lot of you will be upset but... what is a Mangaverse? a nice explanation would be nice. especially with no insults. lol.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any Marvel Mangaverse put out by marvel themselves will flop, 
    as has already been tested and proven, so no i dont.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Primmaster64

hmmm

RoyHarperBLOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RoyHarperBLOW

@KillerZ said:

I think that Marvel mangaverse would succeed if it were truly manga, not "americanga".

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.