Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

What movies do you think will be in Phase 3?

• 64 results
    Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@extremis said:

@fallschirmjager: yeah but he's a character with huge recognizability and fan base. They can't keep Hulk on the back burner for too long. Ruffalulk is too good.

The box office results don't agree with that statement.

Huh I must have missed this comment a while ago.

Anyway, in reply, what are you talking about? lol. Ruffalulk has box office results to back it up: $1.5 Billion in Avengers money. Not to mention being largely considered one of the best parts of the movie and people calling him the best person to play Hulk on the big screen. Mark Ruffalo nailed it.

If you believe people wouldn't be lining up for a Ruffalulk movie after the Avengers you're out of your hair.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#52  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@extremis: 6 week old comment? really >_>...

And don't use hyperbole. That was The Avengers. Not The Hulk. He was hardly the only thing in that movie and I've seen just as many people say they think Norton is still the best.

Even Thor: The Dark World is only at 475mil right now and no one has a bigger fanbase than Loki. And its about to get blown away at the box office this weekend by Hunger Games. Hulk has no track record to suggest he'd be anymore successful.

The reason people liked him in The Avengers is because you still got the same amount of Hulk time, as you did in his solo movies. And that's what people want to see, Hulk smashing people, not Banner.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager:

Even Thor: The Dark World is only at 475mil right now and no one has a bigger fanbase than Loki. And its about to get blown away at the box office this weekend by Hunger Games.

Now who is using hyperbole?

Hulk has no track record to suggest he'd be anymore successful.

Well the fact that Incredible Hulk still made a quarter billion dollars and that movie didn't have an established popularity behind the person playing the Hulk, means there is definitely evidence to suggest they could way outdo those numbers. Not to mention people weren't aware of Marvel Studios like they are now.

People love Ruffalulk, even casual fans. That and riding off the huge success of the Avengers is plenty to suggest he could carry his own film.

The reason people liked him in The Avengers is because you still got the same amount of Hulk time, as you did in his solo movies. And that's what people want to see, Hulk smashing people, not Banner.

1) That may be true for you, but you can't speak for everyone and 2) That's just not true, for many reasons beyond those I've just pointed out.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@extremis said:

@fallschirmjager:

Even Thor: The Dark World is only at 475mil right now and no one has a bigger fanbase than Loki. And its about to get blown away at the box office this weekend by Hunger Games.

Well the fact that Incredible Hulk still made a quarter billion dollars and that movie didn't have an established popularity behind the person playing the Hulk, means there is definitely evidence to suggest they could way outdo those numbers. Not to mention people weren't aware of Marvel Studios like they are now.

People love Ruffalulk, even casual fans. That and riding off the huge success of the Avengers is plenty to suggest he could carry his own film.

1) That may be true for you, but you can't speak for everyone and 2) That's just not true, for many reasons beyond those I've just pointed out.

1. You're still using hyberbole "quarter of a billion" - lol. Don't try to make it sound like a lot of money, when it wasn't.
    2. It lost money. Period. 250 million dollars is not a lot of money when you spent 150 in production, probably another 25-50 in marketing (which doesn't get reported when you look at the movies Budget on boxofficemojo or whatever) and 30-40% of the box office goes to the theaters. You're easily looking at a 25million + loss in profit.
    3. Just because you say people love Ruffalo doesn't make it true. Some people might have, some people might not have. I've seen just as many people say like Norton as Ruffalo. There is no way to know for sure.
    4. And Ironman 3 all ready absorbed Avenger's success, given Thor isn't going to break 1 billion, or even come close.
    5. You haven't given any reasons actually. Any good ones anyway.
    Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

i want to see in phase 3

black panther

ms. marvel

Dr. strange

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Extremis

@fallschirmjager said:

@extremis said:

@fallschirmjager:

1. You're still using hyberbole "quarter of a billion" - lol. Don't try to make it sound like a lot of money, when it wasn't.
    2. It lost money. Period. 250 million dollars is not a lot of money when you spent 150 in production, probably another 25-50 in marketing (which doesn't get reported when you look at the movies Budget on boxofficemojo or whatever) and 30-40% of the box office goes to the theaters. You're easily looking at a 25million + loss in profit.
    3. Just because you say people love Ruffalo doesn't make it true. Some people might have, some people might not have. I've seen just as many people say like Norton as Ruffalo. There is no way to know for sure.
    4. And Ironman 3 all ready absorbed Avenger's success, given Thor isn't going to break 1 billion, or even come close.
    5. You haven't given any reasons actually. Any good ones anyway.

1. I didn't say it was a lot, but a quarter billion is nothing to shake a stick it. And as I said, that movie didn't have a huge lead in like the Avengers to start it off.

2. You keep bringing up "hyperbole" yet you are the foulest one here at it. Theaters don't make up to 40% of the box office take lol. They make their money in concessions. I'm telling you because I've worked at one before. They take 20, MAYBE 25% from ticket sales. Regardless, I never said Incredible Hulk was some wonderful success. The point is that a Ruffalulk movie would NOT be so ill-received.

3. This is exactly my point. You were saying Hulk couldn't carry a movie, I'm saying it is certainly possible. The character is one of the most popular characters in comics.

4. First off, one film doesn't just "absorb" all of one movies success. This is a vast shared universe now where more and more people can latch on to their new favorite characters. Also, Thor never would break 1 billion. You aren't comparing these films appropriately as Iron Man is more popular than Thor to begin with. The previous Thor made nearly half a billion and the new one has all but matched it in 2 weeks. This is evidence that more than one film can ride on the success of these past films. Also, that should be obvious.

5. How haven't I? I could easily say you haven't, actually. You aren't assessing the differences of these films existing in a post-Avengers world. You're assuming because one film wasn't a success that the character could never carry a film. Talk about "hyperbole".

Also, Hulk is a very interesting character that has tons of fans. These reasons alone are enough, sorry you can't understand that.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@extremis:

1. It actually is nothing, when you spent 150 in production + more in marketing. It lost money.
    2. Wrong. It technically varies per movie and when tickets are sold (opening weekend its less, later weekends its more, hence big opening weekends are desired), but generally speaking they make 1/3 when its all said and done. Serving popcorn doesn't make you an expert, either by the way.
    3. Its possible, but he hasn't carried one yet. And based on current comic sales, your statement of him being one of the most popular is also false.
    4. Its been 3 weeks actually, world wide. 2 in the US. And I said that because Ironman clearly wasn't a billion dollar movie, it was probably the worst of the 3 IM's. It was riding the Avengers high and that has clearly slowed down.
    5. Based on past movie box offices, (and I said this six weeks ago) he's not. And given that Marvel isn't going forward with a Hulk movie as of yet, this only reinforces the point. They are making Guardians of the Galaxy before putting out a new Hulk movie, which shows you their lack of faith in Hulk right now. There's no way you can argue GotG is a better known name than Hulk.
    Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Extremis

@fallschirmjager said:

@extremis:

1. It actually is nothing, when you spent 150 in production + more in marketing. It lost money.
    2. Wrong. It technically varies per movie and can vary when tickets are sold, but generally speaking they make 1/3 when its all said and done. Serving popcorn doesn't make you an expert, either by the way.
    3. Its possible, but he hasn't carried one yet. And based on current comic sales, your statement of him being one of the most popular is also false.
    4. Its been 3 weeks actually, world wide. 2 in the US. And I said that because Ironman clearly wasn't a billion dollar movie, it was bad. It was riding the Avengers high and that has clearly slowed down.
    5. Based on past movie success, (and I said this six weeks ago) he's not. And given that Marvel isn't going forward with a Hulk movie as of yet, this only reinforces the point. They are making Guardians of the Galaxy before putting out a new Hulk movie, which shows you their lack of faith in Hulk right now.

1. Once again, we aren't talking about Incredible Hulk, we are talking about a Ruffalulk movie being a viable option after the success of the Avengers.

2. Yeah I guess it doesn't make me an expert, I'm just telling you my personal experience with it at a real theater. Also, doesn't mean you should get personal and be condescending.

3. He hasn't carried one yet because he hasn't been in a solo movie yet. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't happen.

4. It hasn't "clearly slowed down" as Thor is set to surpass the first movie.

5. It's not lack of faith, they are wisely picking their punches right now. They obviously have faith in the character or they wouldn't have included him in their movie universe.

Hulk has, in all fairness, had 2 movies. Marvel is being smart by giving other characters a chance. And once again, just because they haven't made a movie yet doesn't mean they won't in the future. In all likeliness they will. We already know they are planned out many years in advance with many new films.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@extremis said:

1. Once again, we aren't talking about Incredible Hulk, we are talking about a Ruffalulk movie being a viable option after the success of the Avengers.

2. Yeah I guess it doesn't make me an expert but doesn't mean you should get personal and be condescending.

3. He hasn't carried one yet because he hasn't been in a solo movie yet. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't happen.

5. It's not lack of faith, they are wisely picking their punches right now. They obviously have faith in the character or they wouldn't have included him in their movie universe.

Hulk has, in all fairness, had 2 movies. Marvel is being smart by giving other characters a chance. And once again, just because they haven't made a movie yet doesn't mean they won't in the future. In all likeliness they will. We already know they are planned out many years in advance with many new films.

1. Its still the only thing we can compare it too.
    2. I wasn't trying to be condescending, I've had my share of shitty jobs. I work at one now in fact. But working at Walmart doesn't make me an expert in business either.
    3. Yes he has! Two of them. Just because the actor changes doesn't mean he's magically going to change. Movies are successful based on their stories.
    4. It was going to do that regardless of Avengers anyway. Sequels almost always do (unless they're godawful). But its clearly not the same as doubling its box office like IM3 did.
    5. I don't see it that way. Even Ant-Man is confirmed all ready and Hulk still isn't. And I believe Feige even expressed problems with the Hulk in an interview when rumors about Planet Hulk were going around last year.

I still think Hulk works better in teams. And I personally would rather see other solos movies (especially a heroine all ready, its beyond ridiculously we don't have a good one yet). But I also don't think Hulk as as popular as you seem to think he is. Even look at this:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/comic-book-question-of-the-week-results-favorite-m/1100-147537/

And that is among us comic nerds, who all are far more familiar than just the movies, who 90% of people are familiar with. And Hulk is only in 5th.

Loki especially is ridiculous right now amongst the general population (especially teenage girls, ugh)

Agree to disagree, I guess.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Extremis

@fallschirmjager said:

@extremis said:

2. Yeah I guess it doesn't make me an expert but doesn't mean you should get personal and be condescending.

1. Its still the only thing we can compare it too.
    2. I wasn't trying to be condescending, I've had my share of shitty jobs. I work at one now in fact. But working at Walmart doesn't make me an expert in business either.
    3. Yes he has! Two of them. Just because the actor changes doesn't mean he's magically going to change. Movies are successful based on their stories.
    4. It was going to do that regardless of Avengers anyway. Sequels almost always do (unless they're godawful). But its clearly not the same as doubling its box office like IM3 did.
    5. I don't see it that way. Even Ant-Man is confirmed all ready and Hulk still isn't. And I believe Feige even expressed problems with the Hulk in an interview when rumors about Planet Hulk were going around last year.

I still think Hulk works better in teams. And I personally would rather see other solos movies (especially a heroine all ready, its beyond ridiculously we don't have a good one yet).

Agree to disagree, I guess.

1. There's only one Ruffalulk movie we can compare it too and it is Avengers. Granted, it is a team movie. I don't deny that. But the high praise from critics and fans alike lends us the possibility of a great Hulk performance in a solo film.

2. Well whether you were "trying" to or not doesn't mean you weren't being condescending. I didn't consider said job as a "shit" job either.

3. The actor DOES play a big role. Look at Iron Man and Man of Steel.

And as for your story logic, wouldn't it make perfect sense that a Hulk movie could be successful if done right? This is exactly my point. Hulk could obviously carry the movie if given a good story, which I think Marvel is capable of doing especially with Ruffalo.

4. It doesn't have to have Iron Man 3 numbers to show that post Avengers films are more successful money-wise than their Phase 1 counterparts.

5. Just because Ant-Man is getting a shot at the big screen doesn't mean Hulk won't though lol. As I already said, they are obviously giving other people a shot as Marvel believes in their roster.

6. That's fine if you think Hulk works better in teams. But to say he can't carry a movie just isn't true. As you even said, story is what matters. So by that logic alone we know there are great Hulk stories that can be brought to the screen. We didn't have a great representation of him on film until Avengers, now all they need is to bring a great story to the screen. This is one of Marvel's greatest, enduring characters with tons of great story to mine. Hulk can definitely carry a solo movie.

7. And Hulk "only" in 5th? Once again, it is ironic that you accuse me of hyperbole with statements like that. That's pretty astounding considering Ruffalulk is the only one in the top 5 to NOT have appeared in a movie before Avengers. So really that's even more reason that Ruffalulk could use a movie.

Flaming_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By Flaming_Weasel
    @krspacet said:

@flaming_weasel said:

I would continue the MCU like this:

Guardians of the Galaxy - Guardians, Nova, and a third Infinity Stone.

Avengers: Age of Ultron - Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are inhumans, but they don't know it. I would just hint at their origin in the movie. Ultron is JARVIS. Someone has to die, and it will be Hawkeye.

Phase 3:

Ant-Man - Bring the Wasp.

Doctor Strange - Origin story. Baron Mordo and the Ancient One. Make him develop his magic.

Thor 3 - Surtur and the fire demons of Muspelheim make Loki's reign harder than he'd expected. Sif becomes the Enchantress, also appears the Executioner and a fourth Infinity Stone.

Incredible Hulks - Betty Ross gets injured, Banner gives her a blood transfusion and she becomes She-Hulk. General Ross becomes the Red Hulk (as a villain). There would also be the Leader and AIM.

Inhumans - Inhumans origins with the Kree. Black Bolt, Crystal, Medusa, Maximus, etc. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch discover their origins. A fifth Infinity Stone.

Avengers: Inifnity - There's the last Infinity Stone, Thanos comes, The Collector, The Avengers and the Guardians fight together, etc. Someone will die, either an Avenger or a Guardian. The Infinity story arc ends.

Phase 4:

Captain America: The Red Skull - SHIELD, Captain, Winter Soldier and Black Widow battle The Red Skull. His time in Asgard is told by Flashbacks.

Black Panther - BP Origins. Klaw, Wakanda and everything. No Storm.

Thor: Ragnarok - The Ragnarok, Hela, Loki, Surtur, the Asgardians will die and be reborn.

Planet Hulk - SHIELD sends hulk to space. The events of the Planet Hulk story arc. She-Hulk gets angry at SHEILD.

Namor the Sub-Mariner - War over Atlantis, between Namor and Attuma.

Avengers: World War Hulk - Hulk comes back and he's REALLY ANGRY! The Avengers (Thor, Iron Man, Captain, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther, Namor) try to stop him. She-Hulk is divided either to help Hulk or to stop him. There's a really epic Thor-Hulk battle. They capture Hulk and keep him in a special prison.

After, in Phase 5, I haven't decided yet, but there would be a Sentry movie with the Void.

Problem is that Namor is FF property and the World War Hulk storyline has been declared to not be movie material a hundred times.

Why isn't it movie material?

And also, I was talking about Phase 4, maybe Marvel will have Namor back then. Also, Spider-Man and Wolverine perhaps.

4vengers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ant man - egghead.

Dr strange - anhihilus.

Black panther - gorilla king (armor suit! From stark enterprises).

Guardians of the galaxy 2 - krees and skrulls, maybe galactus if marvel gets the rights.

Hawkeye and black widow solo movies - their origins, or probably would be an agents of shield movie, and the villain would be viper and baron zero, but is probably and don't confirm.

Captain America 3 - red skull, baron zemo, arnim zola, viper, and falcon (the traitor), a team up.

Iron man 4 - modok with aim, titanium man, whiplash as dinamo carmesi, and the mandarin returns, this would be a team up.

Thor 3 - surtur, the enchantress, and loki again, probably beta ray bill would team up with thor.

The avengers 3 - thanos, and probably the masters of evil,

4vengers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and i got 2 theory for another hulk movies.

1: before tony stark confronts, the hulk in the avengers age of ultron, he and shield decide to construct a ship there's go's travel hulk to another dimension, and thisis is planet hulk movie,

2: bruce banner decides to return to bad lands, and live like a fugitive, and then when someone's is stealing a bank (absorbing man) he fights, and the leader discovers he's ubication. And send some robots to fight, but he's not the only there discovers hulk, general Ross, discovers too, and he fight with hulk, but, he has robot suits and amors, now at the final part of the movie, general Ross (iron manger suit), the leader (on his robot), the absorbing man, and the abomination (evolutionary and more strength-speed), team up!, but hulk is more power full then never.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since Chris Evans has been saying he wants to take a break after avengers 2. I want a Bucky as captain america movie. Maybe kill off Rogers in the avengers 2 and bring in Bucky Cap for phase 3. I think that'd be cool. With ant-man being scott lang we could start a legacy movie. I think this will also help improve the longevity of the marvel movies. Bringing in new characters to fill the role of people.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.