Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

SDCC 2014: Marvel Studios News

• 96 results
    mje360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Dead avengers? Sounds like either this could potentially respect source material of the comics, or the Avengers will be whipped bad. Either way, cannot wait to see it! May 1st cannot come sooner!

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanos

Is that what I think it is!? If it is, I CALLED THAT THEY WERE GONNA HAVE THE INFINITY GAUNTLET FOR A3...

now I'm pumped for a movie that doesn't come out for another like 6 years.... Thanks DC and Marvel, you amazing a**holes

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By SilverPool

@spideysense44: If your prediction is true that is a really cool idea.

Maybe they shouldn't have released that information because that could be really spoilery...

Now I have to pick up AoU from Amazon....Damnit

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@spideysense44: If your prediction is true that is a really cool idea.

Maybe they shouldn't have released that information because that could be really spoilery...

Now I have to pick up AoU from Amazon....Damnit

Yea I think it'll help Ultron seem like a real threat, and be able to show that the Avengers are vulnerable without having to actually kill off characters, but yea your right it is kinda spoilery

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Man I really wished it to be Thanos on the next Avengers movie. But, nonetheless Ultron is still awesome.

Avatar image for darthdestructor
    DarthDestructor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling, that "Cap lifting hammer a little" is not foreshadowing. I think at the end, when everyone (except Cap) is taken down, Cap lifts hammer and fight Ultron.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The more I hear about the Ant-Man movie, the more depressed I am. It's becoming more and more clear to me that Hollywood will never give the saga of Ant-Man the same respect that Ant-Man: Season One gave him.

@robotindisguise said:

Elizabeth Olsen is hot

Totally

Yeah, the jury's out on Ant-Man. It's the one MCU film that I'm really on the fence about. Going to have see more as time goes along. The Avengers: AOU image looks freakin' awesome. And Brolin pretty much confirming he's Thanos is pretty cool. What bums me out a bit is the scene in the film with Thor's hammer, where they say Cap is able to move it "a little"- everyone knows Cap is worthy enough to lift Mjolnir; & I want to see that happen on film. In the comics it was both a great moment for Cap & for Thor when he lifted Mjolnir, bonded these two heroes as warriors/kindred spirits, & I think it could be in the films too.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'm WAY more excited for the thought of Avengers: Age of Ultron than I am for anything coming out of the doom and gloom that is the DC Cinematic Universe. Whedon looks set to improve and strengthen what made The Avengers so good and then some. Can't wait to see this trailer myself!

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers 2 is already sounding like Iron man and Avengers :(

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling, that "Cap lifting hammer a little" is not foreshadowing. I think at the end, when everyone (except Cap) is taken down, Cap lifts hammer and fight Ultron.

That makes it foreshadowing

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
    comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The age of superhero summer movie blockbusters...is over

the time of the Kaiju blockbusters movies has come!

Pacific rim 2 (complete with comic series and cartoon show)

Godzilla 2( complete with already amazing comic series as well as a toy hunt craze with SHMA and x plus figures)

Skull island ( a potential set up for a King Kong vs Godzilla reboot)

Gamera 2015 ( which will get toho to probably release anohter japnese godzilla film in japan)

Monsters 2 ( a darker more horror take on the monster genre)

all we need is a Cloverfield 2 and Ultraman reboot and we got ourselves a new era!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@dondave said:

@crimsonlord53 said:

So there really trying to avoid that whole domestic violence history of hank and janet huh.

Them having a daughter together doesn't necessarily rule it out. Her surname is Van Dyme after all and not Pym.

If they are to scared to comment on Stark being an alcoholic I doubt they will have the spousal abuse

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

BeholdtheVison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@nukea6: Wasn't Sue possessed by Malice when he slapped her?

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I was out of the loop for a while as far as C.B.M. news, so I'm pretty excited by all this.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda underwhelming.

Beata

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroRoland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, everyone tries to lift Thor's hammer and Captain America can *almost* do it. Thor tells everyone they have to be worthy to lift it, and Captain America's shield is broken at some point.

English 101 teaches me that we're going to get a scene during the final battle where Captain America smacks Ultron with the hammer.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is no one going to comment about Brolin walking on stage wearing the Infinity Gauntlet? I mean REALLY? That pretty much confirms the rumor he is Thanos!

They already confirmed it.

KouNurasaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no connection to Ant Man at all, but the fact that it is described as a "heist movie" has me interested. A heist movie with superpowers which let you shrink? That sounds great.

Also, why isn't it 2015 yet? Age of Ultron is going to be so awesome!

Luckily, GotG is getting rave reviews everywhere, so there is that.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@winter_kills said:

@amazingwebhead said:

The more I hear about the Ant-Man movie, the more depressed I am. It's becoming more and more clear to me that Hollywood will never give the saga of Ant-Man the same respect that Ant-Man: Season One gave him.

@robotindisguise said:

Elizabeth Olsen is hot

Totally

Yeah, the jury's out on Ant-Man. It's the one MCU film that I'm really on the fence about. Going to have see more as time goes along. The Avengers: AOU image looks freakin' awesome. And Brolin pretty much confirming he's Thanos is pretty cool. What bums me out a bit is the scene in the film with Thor's hammer, where they say Cap is able to move it "a little"- everyone knows Cap is worthy enough to lift Mjolnir; & I want to see that happen on film. In the comics it was both a great moment for Cap & for Thor when he lifted Mjolnir, bonded these two heroes as warriors/kindred spirits, & I think it could be in the films too.

What should happen is a scene where Cap casually picks up the hammer and hands it to Thor, who's speechless, while Cap has no idea what he's doing.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm very interesting.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By COBRAMORPH

All i get from this is, dead Avengers: probably Hawkeye.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills said:

@amazingwebhead said:

@robotindisguise said:

Elizabeth Olsen is hot

Totally

What should happen is a scene where Cap casually picks up the hammer and hands it to Thor, who's speechless, while Cap has no idea what he's doing.

Totally, that would be awesome! Or a scene where Thor is swamped with Ultrons, his hammer on the ground, & without thinking about it Cap instinctively picks Mjolnir up & starts smashing the Ultons, then tossing it back to an astounded Thor. Seriously, that would make the movie for me.

All i get from this is, dead Avengers: probably Hawkeye.

I hope not- surely they learned from Bendis' screw-up during Avengers Disassembled. No killing Hawkeye- that's a riot-starting event right there.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is lifting mjolnir

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By MAZAHS117

Was expecting Age of Ultron and B v S stuff. Where was the Cap3 or Thor3, Doc Strange, Black Panther stuff? Next year I guess?

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Winter_Kills

@amazingwebhead:

I know man, that would make it my favorite Marvel movie, & it would recall that famous Mighty Thor issue where Cap lifted Mjolnir- which isn't just a great Thor story, but a great Cap story too.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ivar17 said:

Marvel Studios Phase 3

July 17, 2015: Ant-Man

May 6, 2016: Captain America 3

July 8, 2016: Doctor Strange

May 5, 2017: Thor 3

July 28, 2017: Guardians Of The Galaxy 2

November 3, 2017: Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

May 4, 2018 Avengers 3

That's not real, is it?

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: maybe... its a guess... With Guardians 2 official set to July 28, 2017, and Feige saying that avengers 3 is in 3 years this is what makes sense to me, Captain Marvel between Guardians 2 and avengers 3 could make a stronger connection to the cosmic side of marvel Universe and Thanos.

Thor 3 also in 2017 before Guardians 2 makes sense because the infinity gauntlet its in Asgard, and by the end of the movie in a post credit scene someone could steal it, Hope Thor 3 is based in Ragnarok...

Captain America 3 its confirmed in 2016 and Doctor Strange its almost, already has a director must be in 2016.

Kevin Feige interview

http://www.superherohype.com/news/310635-comic-con-interview-kevin-feige-talks-the-future-of-the-marvel-cinematic-universe

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ivar17

@amazingwebhead:

I know man, that would make it my favorite Marvel movie, & it would recall that famous Mighty Thor issue where Cap lifted Mjolnir- which isn't just a great Thor story, but a great Cap story too.

Wasn't that in Fear Itself issue 7?

No Caption Provided

Now that we know that Cap shield will be broken in Avengers 2 like it was in comics by the serpente (Cul), how cool if cap s shield was fixed in Asgard and reinforced with Uru like in the mentioned Fear Itself.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#82  Edited By The Impersonator

@thor_parker82 said:

Did someone notice that at the top left corner of the image there is a superhero with a cape ?

I wonder if it´s Vision

Yep, that's Vision. I can see Vision clearly with my enhanced vision.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivar17: I think he meant a much earlier one back when Cap was wearing that black costume

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead said:

@ivar17: I think he meant a much earlier one back when Cap was wearing that black costume

Makes Sense. I made the most recent association... When comes to Thor and Cap I should know he wont make mistakes, my bad @winter_kills

Baconbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Baconbot

I can't wait for James Spader as Ultron.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivar17 said:

@amazingwebhead said:

Makes Sense. I made the most recent association... When comes to Thor and Cap I should know he wont make mistakes, my bad @winter_kills

No problem, my friend. Though I did love seeing Cap lift Mjolnir in Fear Itself.

@ivar17 said:

@winter_kills said:

@amazingwebhead:

Wasn't that in Fear Itself issue 7?

No Caption Provided

Now that we know that Cap shield will be broken in Avengers 2 like it was in comics by the serpente (Cul), how cool if cap s shield was fixed in Asgard and reinforced with Uru like in the mentioned Fear Itself.

That would be awesome! It would be cool seeing Cap or any of the Avengers in Asgard, & I always liked the warrior/worthiness bond that Cap & Thor have always had, & that would connect them even more, & be great to see on film.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Reminds me of that episode of the cartoon where the Avengers were all scattered across the nine realms.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Reminds me of that episode of the cartoon where the Avengers were all scattered across the nine realms.

Oh man, I love that episode! Loki shatters Cap's shield with Gungnir, then Cap fights with an Asgardian shield; Cap facing down Hela in Hel, Tony working with Eitri to build a new armor in Nidavellir, Hawkeye in Alfheim saying something like: "And there's an Elf looking at me funny!" Awesome stuff, awesome episode- I wish the Avengers Assemble show was more like this!

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Winter_Kills

Do you know what would set Avengers: AoU over the top? If it had some version of this badass scene in it:

No Caption Provided

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: @amazingwebhead: AEMH for me is the best cartoon that marvel ever made.

This new avengers assemble is to connect kids with the cinematic universe, still a good market strategy, because new generations (Star Wars) its now MARVEL C U.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills said:

@amazingwebhead said:

Oh man, I love that episode! Loki shatters Cap's shield with Gungnir, then Cap fights with an Asgardian shield; Cap facing down Hela in Hel, Tony working with Eitri to build a new armor in Nidavellir, Hawkeye in Alfheim saying something like: "And there's an Elf looking at me funny!" Awesome stuff, awesome episode- I wish the Avengers Assemble show was more like this!

True dat.

@ivar17 said:

@winter_kills: @amazingwebhead: AEMH for me is the best cartoon that marvel ever made.

This new avengers assemble is to connect kids with the cinematic universe, still a good market strategy, because new generations (Star Wars) its now MARVEL C U.

I guess. But sometimes it just feels like marketing is all they're doing.

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: don't you forget Fenrir in the Avengers battles in Asgard (AEMH).

@amazingwebhead: Agree ... only watch until episode 5, maybe in s02 with Thanos gets better, but the target audience will still be kids, my niece loves it and I m OK with it.

Marvel.com

Year to date, "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" is Disney XD's #1 animated series in Total Viewers (699,000) and Boys 6-14 (133,000/1.1 rating)...

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivar17 said:

@winter_kills: don't you forget Fenrir in the Avengers battles in Asgard (AEMH).

@amazingwebhead: Agree ... only watch until episode 5, maybe in s02 with Thanos gets better, but the target audience will still be kids, my niece loves it and I m OK with it.

Marvel.com

Year to date, "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" is Disney XD's #1 animated series in Total Viewers (699,000) and Boys 6-14 (133,000/1.1 rating)...

Heck yeah, I love Avengers: EMH. And you're right, I can't forget Fenrir, or Ymir either. The episode adapting "The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill" was pretty freakin' awesome, too.

@amazingwebhead: Yeah, I'm hoping the 2nd season does get better, with Thanos. I'm glad the show is successful with the younger crowd though- always glad to see something that inspires new generations of fans. But for the older fans, AEMH was where it was at.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivar17 said:

Well I don't have cable anymore (long story) but I'll try to look it up

@amazingwebhead: Yeah, I'm hoping the 2nd season does get better, with Thanos. I'm glad the show is successful with the younger crowd though- always glad to see something that inspires new generations of fans. But for the older fans, AEMH was where it was at.

Too true, man

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ivar17 said:

@ms-lola: maybe... its a guess... With Guardians 2 official set to July 28, 2017, and Feige saying that avengers 3 is in 3 years this is what makes sense to me, Captain Marvel between Guardians 2 and avengers 3 could make a stronger connection to the cosmic side of marvel Universe and Thanos.

Thor 3 also in 2017 before Guardians 2 makes sense because the infinity gauntlet its in Asgard, and by the end of the movie in a post credit scene someone could steal it, Hope Thor 3 is based in Ragnarok...

Captain America 3 its confirmed in 2016 and Doctor Strange its almost, already has a director must be in 2016.

Kevin Feige interview

http://www.superherohype.com/news/310635-comic-con-interview-kevin-feige-talks-the-future-of-the-marvel-cinematic-universe

Thank you for the information and the link. I'm impressed with the time-line you came up with, and choices made for future films.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.