'Back To The Future' DeLorean Perfect Replica Up For Sale On Ebay!

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Now you can drive AND time travel...at the same time!  

If you didn't get everything you wanted for Christmas this year, and If you ever wanted to feel like Marty McFly, then this is your lucky day! The folks over at Collider stumbled upon a pretty sweet replica of the 1981 DeLorean for sale on Ebay. That's right, for a mere $89,000.00 dollars this little piece of pop-culture can be yours. Equipped with all the gadgets and buttons you could only dream the original DeLorean to have, this car/time machine would make a great edition to anyone's collection! The seller insists that the replica car is better than the original which is "just rotting away in the Universal Studios back lot, being picked apart and neglected for the last 25 years." The car itself, looks to be in peak condition based on the description and images provided by the seller, down to the "OUTATIME" 1986 registered California license plate. Oh, and yes, you can drive it. Check out the description below. 

Offered for sale: 
1981 Delorean DMC-12 expertly modified to look exactly like the vehicle featured in the film “Back to the Future.” This incredibly accurate replica of the Delorean Time Machine was painstakingly built by Gary Weaver, owner of www.bttfparts.com, over the course of 2 years, from 2006-2008. This is the only car Gary has ever built on commission, and, other than his own personal car, is the only one he has finished to his complete satisfaction.

The Delorean Time Machine is without a doubt the most difficult movie vehicle to accurately recreate, and as a result most people begin to cut corners right off the bat, and say “close enough.” Building one requires a combination of custom fabrication and a myriad of surplus aircraft and electronics parts. You can spend months just searching for a specific part, and that’s after you just spent months figuring our what the part was in the first place. Anyone can throw together a car with some of the key pieces, but to someone with a real attention to detail, this is the car that just looks “right.” 

Key Features: 
• Built on a beautiful, super-clean, stock 1981 5-speed manual transmission DMC-12 with over $16,000 of mechanical work and upgrades performed at DMC California in September of 2008. Approx. 78K miles on vehicle. 
• Programmable time circuits which function just like those in the film. 
• Functioning digital speedometer on the dashboard (reads actual vehicle speed). 
• Main Time Circuit switch functions just like in the film, with all sound effects. 
• All interior indicators and switches light up, just like in the film, 
• Sound effects for door openings. 
• Includes “Plutonium rods,” which can be loaded in to the “reactor” on the rear of car, just like in the film. 
• Exterior flux band lighting 
• Custom “95 MPH” in-dash speedometer like the one mocked up for the film. The stock Delorean speedometer only goes up to 85MPH. 
• Screen-accurate “OUTATIME” metal-stamped license plate with 1986 registration tag. 
• Eagle Goodyear GT tires, as seen in the film (not pictured). 

What do you guys think? Would you spend that much on a replica DeLorean? Have you watched the 'Back to the Future' films? Did you ever read the comics
#1 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn I wish I could win the lottery to have this in my 'Ultimate Garage'. Any sign of a Ghostbusters replica too?

#2 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

thats only about  £55, 644 pounds sounds reasonable lol 

#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

That's kinda cool, but I'm still gutted I couldn't afford Ecto-1 when that was up fpr sale...

#4 Edited by DennyColt (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who gets this is required to drive everywhere at 88 mph. And if a cop stops you, you can just tell him you're trying to get back to the future.

#5 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
"Damn I wish I could win the lottery to have this in my 'Ultimate Garage'. Any sign of a Ghostbusters replica too? "

Just what I thought. I remember seeing the DeLorean at Universal Studios, Florida. I saw the time-travelling train from the 3rd film too.
#6 Posted by danhimself (22534 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know it sounds awesome and I'm sure that you would get so much tail in that car that your thing would fall off but in the description there's no mention of the flux capacitor being in the car and everyone knows that the flux capicitor is what makes time travel possible

#7 Edited by PrimeDirective (451 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:

"I don't know it sounds awesome and I'm sure that you would get so much tail in that car that your thing would fall off but in the description there's no mention of the flux capacitor being in the car and everyone knows that the flux capicitor is what makes time travel possible"

I know, right?!? Not quite as much, but at least still bothersome to me is also the lack of mention of a Mr. Fusion. I mean, I know it was added in the sequel but come on... Honestly, who would rather have the non-flying, non-Mr. Fusion DeLorean? 

EDIT: Okay, so I just clicked the link to the website. There's definitely a "working" flux capacitor in the back. I'm sold (you know... if I had the money to buy it anyway)!
#8 Posted by Argentino_18 (955 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm think I'm in love....

#9 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

Does it come with a line of coke?  That would increase its market value.   

*crickets chirp as no one gets the reference*
#10 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Me want

#11 Posted by Ms. Omega (4469 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man Geek Heaven I soooo want one

#12 Posted by vuki (61 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Me want "
Totally
#13 Edited by DennyColt (24 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O said:

" Does it come with a line of coke?  That would increase its market value.    *crickets chirp as no one gets the reference* "

Apparently DeLorean thought cocaine trafficking was a great way to keep a company afloat. (Especially one that mass produces a car made with stainless steel panels.)
#14 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

@DennyColt:  Yes, someone DID get the reference!!  You know I never thought about the stainless steel panels on the car.  Things that make you go hhhmmm.......
#15 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

DeLorean! THAT'S the name! I keep forgetting the dang name of the car.

#16 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrimeDirective said:
" @danhimself said:

"I don't know it sounds awesome and I'm sure that you would get so much tail in that car that your thing would fall off but in the description there's no mention of the flux capacitor being in the car and everyone knows that the flux capicitor is what makes time travel possible"

I know, right?!? Not quite as much, but at least still bothersome to me is also the lack of mention of a Mr. Fusion. I mean, I know it was added in the sequel but come on... Honestly, who would rather have the non-flying, non-Mr. Fusion DeLorean? 

EDIT: Okay, so I just clicked the link to the website. There's definitely a "working" flux capacitor in the back. I'm sold (you know... if I had the money to buy it anyway)! "
Yeah, totally left that out, sorry! Yeah there's a flux capacitor in the back. Question is, when in time would you go back? What would you use it for?
#17 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Great...now where do I get the money and a driver license???

#18 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually saw a working DeLorean a few months back outside a Borders store as I was leaving. It was those iconic doors that caught mt attention. It was quite a thrill. I had never seen one in real life.

@Babs said:

" Yeah, totally left that out, sorry! Yeah there's a flux capacitor in the back. Question is, when in time would you go back? What would you use it for? "

Ohhh, Lord. As a person who loves world history. It would be too hard to pick a single destination. My short list I would think would include:
Babylon and Persia (pre-Crusades)

Rome to walk to streets and see the wonders of the city. Though most of what the Romans knew of architecture they learned from the Greeks. I could go into tremendous detail here, but I'll spare you all. lol Doubtful I would want to watch a 'real' gladiator fight. 

Greece. Too many places in Greece to name just one.

Egypt to really see how the great pyramids were constructed.

Statue of Liberty Face Replica
New York in October1886 to see what the Statue of Liberty really looked like when it was first completed. Most people tend to forget that it wasn't always that green color. That's oxidized cooper. Could you just imagine the beauty of that when it was brand new and the breaking sun would strike this giant cooper statue. They didn't have color cameras in those days for us to really see what it looked like. I had read that by the time it was finished it no longer had that cooper tone, but it hadn't turned green until about the 1900s.

Italy during the Renaissance. To see Michelangelo in the process of painting the Sistine Chapel. Michelangelo preferred sculpting over painting. He worked for four years on his back in candle light to paint that.

Philadelphia in the late 1700s. Basically, at any stage I could possibly meet Benjamin Franklin. The man was the da Vinci  of his time. Maybe buy him a few drinks, because word has it he loved to talk a lot when he drank. Sometimes much more then Washington liked.

Are these weird choices??
#19 Posted by DennyColt (24 posts) - - Show Bio
@drawme: As iconic as the Gull Wing doors are, they are very impractical. If there's water on the roof, guess who's going to get soaked when you open the doors! Also, awesome time travel choices.
@Babs: I'd probably go to the future first. That way I could get a Mr. Fusion and maybe upgrade the DeLorean to use something other than gasoline. (Really Doc, you get hover wheels and a reactor that's powered by garbage, yet you still use gasoline.) That way if I did go to the past, I wouldn't get stuck there.
#20 Posted by PrimeDirective (451 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs: Well it'd prolly sit in the garage a bit, but every now and then it'd see some road usage, mostly for special occasions. I mean, can you imagine if a guy showed up to pick you up for a first date in that thing? I mean really... Surely that'd at least score points right off the bat.
#21 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrimeDirective said:
" @Babs: Well it'd prolly sit in the garage a bit, but every now and then it'd see some road usage, mostly for special occasions. I mean, can you imagine if a guy showed up to pick you up for a first date in that thing? I mean really... Surely that'd at least score points right off the bat. "
I don't know how many girls would agree with me on this, but if a guy showed up at my house to pick me up in a DeLorean I would guarantee him a kiss. Ha!
#22 Posted by inferiorego (24261 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone lend me 90k

Staff
#23 Posted by mystery997 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

GOOD LOOKING COPY AUTHENTIC 
I THINK THE PERSON WHO BUYS THIS CAR WILL USE THE FLUX CAPASATOR TO UN TIMLEY LIMITS . BUT ON A SERIOUS NOTE THE CAR IS A GREAT LOOK ALIKE WITH A LOPW PRICE  LIKE THAT I WOULD BUY IT AND BE HAPPY 2 I'D GO TO THE PAST FIRST THE  

"Back To The Future"  

the theme song

#24 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool!

#25 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I would rather feed homeless, hungry, sick kids if I have that kind of money to spend on a replica. It's totally awesome, but...

#26 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

cool. but i dont need it. i already own a real time travel machine.

Where were going, we dont need roads
#27 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

Great Scott.........this is heavy!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.