Follow

Martian Manhunter

Character » Martian Manhunter appears in 3662 issues.

Sole survivor of the Martian people, J'onn J'onzz was teleported to Earth decades ago by Dr. Saul Erdel. Since then, he has adopted Earth as his new home, playing many roles over his time with humanity: detective, secret agent, explorer, and even a founding member of the Justice League.

Where do the 1,000,000 issue & 1st annual fit in (v2)

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lightsout

The 1998-2001 37 (core) issue run of Martian Manhunter (vol2) -- going by the dates here on Comic Vine, both the 1 million issue & the 1st Annual (of 2) are before even the 000 issue of the series. Where do the stories in them actually fall? (If they're not isolated, that is). I could probably piece together out-of-order information in my head, but I prefer to read things in the intended order.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By colonyofcells

You can go to comics.org and search for martian manhunter and you will see the dates for each comic.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lightsout

I think that's the same as what CV lists (which is a little confusing in this specific case) -- so I'm still wondering (and sometimes the release dates could be different from the reading order. That's even if those 2 issues fit into the main 37 issues of MM - they may not for all I know).

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By colonyofcells

The dc 1 million was a big event and all the regular titles had a 1 million issue. The martian manhunter 1 million issue was set in the far future so it does not really affect the regular title. The 1 million issue seems to be between issue 0 and issue 1. The 1st annual was part of the ghosts event in the annuals of the jla members and it is more of a jla story than a martian manhunter story and does not affect the regular series. The 1st annual seems to be around the same time as issue 0. I seem to remember they all came out around the same time when I was buying them. I did buy all of the ghosts annuals to get the complete jla story involving each of the jla members. I also remember buying all of the dc 1 million crossover issues and many of these issues were set in the future and some had no relation to the main story of dc 1 million.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lightsout

AH - thank you. It's been a while since I read JLA, I'm not sure if I read those, I'll have to look them up too.

Avatar image for mathematicscore
    mathematicscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mathematicscore

@lightsout: @lightsout: The 0, then the 1,000,000 issue, then issue number one are the order. They are dated October, November, and December, respectively, all in 1998. The Annual is very much a standalone story. but the fact that it's listed as a 1998 annual may mean it was released concurrently or even before the main series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.