Follow

Martian Manhunter

Character » Martian Manhunter appears in 3662 issues.

Sole survivor of the Martian people, J'onn J'onzz was teleported to Earth decades ago by Dr. Saul Erdel. Since then, he has adopted Earth as his new home, playing many roles over his time with humanity: detective, secret agent, explorer, and even a founding member of the Justice League.

What's up with this fight?!!!

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/4427874.html#cutid1

In the scan above i just watched Martian Manhunter get incinerated by superman with heat vision... i was under the impression that its not the heat of the fire that affects him but the fire itself. If heat was a problem for MM than it would be much easier to kill him since most characters with energy projection power have the option to give off heat.

If I'm wrong please tell me but I was under the impression that heat vision was only a massive threat to Martian Manhunter ( as it is with other high level beings) in high outputs. This is kinda bothering me....

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I agree 100%. If it was powerful enough to damage MM that much it would have had massively hurt Diana as well. It's the sight of fire that MM was weak to (and he didn't even seem to have eyes in the form he was in).

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The heat of the vision caused him to ignite.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: So Jonn's skin is flammable, especially within WW?

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lightsout

@sheenlantern: (seems like my post didn't go through since this was moved)

My point was that his skin shouldn't just catch on fire. MM is basically as durable as Superman, that shouldn't have done him in. His weakness is seeing fire, and he was inside of WW with no eyes in the form he was in. MM was just nerfed as he often is (even in continuity). Injustice has been entertaining but the plot hasn't been stellar.

I wouldn't be surprised if that one person (in the link) was right, that MM planted that scene in their brains so they'd just think he was dead (& he could go back to operating in secret).

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: lol. It's all good. Injustice's logic is not your burden to bear :D

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@lightsout: Fire does not hurt her. She is immune to it

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lightsout: i agree for the most part but are you saying that looking at fire hurts MM?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

That's bulls**t is what that is, the fire thing isn't even a physical weakness its a deep seeded phobia that disrupts his telepathic and telekenetic abilities.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That's bulls**t is what that is, the fire thing isn't even a physical weakness its a deep seeded phobia that disrupts his telepathic and telekenetic abilities.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By dernman

@joshmightbe said:

It's actually been both at times. Regardless this is an alternate reality. One where Superman can just hold Captain Marvel by the neck an lobotomizing him without him being able to do anything. One where Superman goes batsh!te crazy and tries to take over the world.

If those things are ok then there isn't any reason not to be ok with this. Besides it's not like he's dead. We know he's in the game. IIRC he is pretending to be Atlantean and one of Aquaman's advisers. This is probably how it came about.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dernman said:

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

@joshmightbe said:

It's actually been both at times. Regardless this is an alternate reality. One where Superman can just hold Captain Marvel by the neck an lobotomizing him without him being able to do anything. One where Superman goes batsh!te crazy and tries to take over the world.

If those things are ok then there isn't any reason not to be ok with this. Besides it's not like he's dead. We know he's in the game. IIRC he is pretending to be Atlantean and one of Aquaman's advisers. This is probably how it came about.

True. I just prefer my MM to have fire as a psychological weakness.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By dernman

@dernman said:

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

@joshmightbe said:

True. I just prefer my MM to have fire as a psychological weakness.

I understand that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.