What are some good stories to read for Martian Manhunter?

#1 Posted by SynCig (322 posts) - - Show Bio

I am still fairly new to comics and I have been trying to entrench myself in the DC universe by getting to know some of the characters I am fairly unfamiliar with. What are the some suggestions for Martian Manhunter?

#2 Posted by SynCig (322 posts) - - Show Bio

I am still fairly new to comics and I have been trying to entrench myself in the DC Universe by getting to know some of the characters I don't have much experience with. So what are some suggestions for some good Martian Manhunter stories?

#3 Posted by The_Tree (6416 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Brightest Day (It's not entirely about him, but his story is fairly significant and pretty good)
  • Martian Manhunter: Others Among Us
  • JLA: Trial by Fire
  • Martian Manhunter: American Secrets
  • Final Crisis: Requiem
  • Stormwatch (the New 52 volume, it's a team book, but MM is pretty great in it)
#4 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

There was a Martian Manhunter series that run form 1998 to 2001.

http://www.comics.org/series/5986/covers/

#5 Posted by dondave (26783 posts) - - Show Bio

@SynCig:You should pick up Justice League of America on February 6 as MMH is one of the members

#6 Posted by SynCig (322 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be checking all of these out.

#7 Posted by SynCig (322 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Oh I definitely plan on checking that out.

#8 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Brightest Day and Trial by Fire are my favorites.

#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11731 posts) - - Show Bio

The Revelations story arc from his solo series wasnt bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.