Questions about the Martian Manhunter?

#1 Edited by martian (82 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering exactly how fast J'onn is? I've read on this site that his speed enables him to keep up with the Flash. Now I know that he is not as fast as the Flash but if he were in a foot and flight race around the world against Diana, Superman, and Flash, how well would he do, second, third or fourth place? 

In terms of reflexes, how fast is he compared to other three?  With regards to his speed of thinking, does his telepathic brain allow him to execute and process thoughts faster than the other three?

Final question, can the MM phase other people and objects along with himself like Kitty? I'm not sure I have ever seen or read of him doing it.

#2 Posted by RazzaTazz (9496 posts) - - Show Bio
@martian : I think he would finish 4th out of those.  His speed is never really highlighted, but when he has so many abilities it might not have to.   

He can use his telepathy to talk to a lot of people at once, so I would say he is probably the fastest thinker among them 

I don't think he can phase like that, only himself
#3 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
Agree with Razz. 

I've never seen MM use his phasing ability to phase other things around him like Shadowcat.
#4 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@martian :

in a race hed probalby come 4th like razzatazz said  

hes probalby the 3rd fastest thinking out of them after flash than superman  

and for phasing i think white martains or him as fernus have done that so its in his capabilities maybe
#5 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
I correct myself. 

I just finished reading Others Among Us #2 and MM used his abilities to turn himself and four other people invisible. So apparently MM has the ability to extend his powers to others. Though he did state it took MUCH concentration.
#6 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@martian said:

I was wondering exactly how fast J'onn is? I've read on this site that his speed enables him to keep up with the Flash. Now I know that he is not as fast as the Flash but if he were in a foot and flight race around the world against Diana, Superman, and Flash, how well would he do, second, third or fourth place? In terms of reflexes, how fast is he compared to other three? With regards to his speed of thinking, does his telepathic brain allow him to execute and process thoughts faster than the other three? Final question, can the MM phase other people and objects along with himself like Kitty? I'm not sure I have ever seen or read of him doing it.

As fast(speed and reflexes wise) as Superman:

Destroying 3 separate facilities on 3 separate continents on 3 separate occasions....

....While speed blitzing at least 3 White Martians

On the telepathy question, yes.

On the phasing thing, he uses his telekinesis to shift another person's mass into another dimension(which he also does to himself) to phase through solid objects.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.