Page Problems

#1 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

If you take a look at the Martian Manhunter page you'll see that it's jacked up. The problem was in the drop down menu (of course) but I didn't feel like looking through it so I just got rid of it all. It's in the queue so it's not fixed yet, but it's dealt with so there's no need to try to fix the problem when you see it. I was just posting to point out another misuse of the code. I personally don't want it to be taken away entirely, but if it can't be used properly I think that might have to happen. As it's being used now(not in all cases, but the majority of them), it's just a way to get points and usually ends up messing up pages.

#2 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

they should make so that only people over 1000-5000 pionts can put them up, then it would mean that people wouldnt put them up for easy pionts only to enhance the pages.

#3 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been considering taking the destination code out of every one of the pages I've done. I just never want to wait for it to go through the queue since I'm usually actively working on them at the time.

I think we need to come up with some sort of static alternative to the drop-down menu, or just not put them up at all. I've been thinking of some ideas, and may do some experimentation on one of the pages I've done.

#4 Posted by fesak (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

If people just could preview the page before submitting. There was the same problem with the Storm and Rogue pages a week ago.

#5 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"If people just could preview the page before submitting. There was the same problem with the Storm and Rogue pages a week ago."

Yes, but as weird as it sounds, I've done one of the drop-downs a time or two and everything worked fine in Preview. After submission, something went wrong and the page went to the queue, and I had to get one of the staff to cancel the sub because of code that was checking out correctly in preview but corrupting the page upon submission. That's why I've stopped adding to the already existing ones even as a page expands. I've just started ignoring them.

#6 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Fixed it.... for some reason.... someone put "he is that confident of his own power, he once said that superman was his only worthy opponent" IN THE FREAKING MIDDLE OF THE CODE
Post Edited:2007-07-14 19:39:33

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"It's in the queue so it's not fixed yet, but it's dealt with so there's no need to try to fix the problem when you see it."
#8 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

shit my bad... I just skimmed through it lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.