New 52 Martian Manhunter Respect Thread

• 174 results
#1 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

In November 2011, the New 52 and now began a new direction was taken to the superheroes of DC, principally the one of most powerful and underestimated Dc characters (by the writers,less Grant Morrison,Paul Cornell and Al Barrionuevo): Martian Manhunter

Let's take a look at the new Martian Manhunter feats in this new universe:

To see another New 52 Respect Thread,click here:http://www.comicvine.com/dc-comics/57-10/new-52-respect-threads/92-672946/

Stormwatch 1 & 2

Shapeshifting.

Apollo punches Martian Manhunter in the face without a effect.

Shapeshifts into a giant worm and puts Apollo on his grip,also is able to sense the presence of others.

Fools Midnighter into thinking that his nerve strike technique worked on it.

Stormwatch 3

Telepathically hears the conversation between Jack Hawksmoor and city's spirits, which happens on kind of a mental dimension,a mind-space .

Placing the location of each piece of an asteroid that is heading to Earth in Apollo and Projectionist's minds.

Telepathically causes people to abandon a part of Kansas where a piece of the asteroid fell,despite he's on Hyperspace.

Shown Martian Vision.

Stormwatch 6

Establish a telepathic link.

Stormwatch 7

Teaching Jenny Quantum in time-dimensional physics and how to use her powers to restrain the Gravity Miners.

Stormwatch 8

Created a plan to close the dimensional breach that enable the Gravity Miners invade their dimension for good.

Stormwatch 9

Wiped out the memories of a crowd.

Stormwatch 11

Disrupts the connection between the Hidden People and the mind-gun,while is reading their minds.

Resists to a de-evolucionary weapons that affected the entire team (off panel).

Red Lanterns 10

Atrocitus was able to break the barrier between space and hyperspace via rage plasma.

J'onn get hit by the same rage plasma without shown any sign of injury.

Due Atrocitus uncontrollable rage and ring energies J'onn forces its way through his mind,while have to resist the red rage infection. This atatck leaves Atrocitus out of balance and weakened.

Green Lantern Corps 4

Phasing.

Telepathically manipulates Guy Gardner's emotions,scan the mind of a Keeper (which is made of pure willpower) and then place the acquired info in Guy Gardner's mind.

Green Lantern Corps 5

Linking the minds of nine Green Lanterns,placing the info gathered from the Keeper in their minds and then erase their encounter from their mids,while fade away.

Legion Lost 6

Manipulating the minds of an entire military facility to see what he wants,while read Timebr Wolf's mind despite his telepathic defenses.

Shapeshifts into a dragon and takes Wildfire's anti-matter blast and Tyroc's sonic disruptor blast with little to no effect.

Makes a biomass transference between a Durlanian corpse and Yera and uses telepathy to make her body doesn't reject the graft.

Superman Annual 1

J'onn telepathic powers are capable to works throught the Blue Flame that empowers the Daemonites minions and Helspont.

Handle Salu and endure the Blue Flame blast.

Stormwatch 12

Mindwipe Jack Hawksmoor,messing up with his connection with the mind-space.

Sense that Jenny Quantum twisted emotions is bending space and time,also receives dark matter blast and then erase his existence from her mind.

Mindwipe Apollo while use a telepathic illusion,capable to fool Midnighter's battle computer.

J'onn left his guard open so Lucas could punch, causing him to believe that discovered his weakness and then wiped out his mind.

J'onn is able to read the thought of the Shadow Lords and withstood their energy blast.

Mindwipe Engineer.

#2 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League 8

J'onn is able to read the minds of Justice League members,while they're on Watchtower and he is on Earth.

Handle the Justice League by himself.

Justice League of America 1

Invisible J'onn hears the entire conversation between Trevor and Waller,also he is considered the best choice to defeat Superman.

He's able to read throught Steve Trevor's telepathic inhibitor installed by A.R.G.U.S.,also claims that could mindwipe everyone in the building. Later disappear via invisibility.

Justice League of America 2

J'onn is able to gather information from Green arrow even though he had a brain trauma,afer goes invisible before Ollie wake up.

Studied White House security systems (similar to the Batcave) to know how to deceives it and lay a killer inside,also seems to telepathically surveilling everything.

Implanted the idea of ​​creating a new Justice League in Amanda Waller's mind.

Reveals that is mentally manipulated the secret service all the time, so that man could enter into the building and then coudly kills the man saving the president,so he would support the JLA.

Justice League of America 3

Beats up Ivo's Superman robot.

Martian Manhunter and Hawkman are the only members capable of withstanding Vibe's attacks.

Scanning Catwoman.

He already knew that she is reliable only seeing her psychic halo.

Through intangibility kill a beast in hunting ritual,whose which many died trying to complete and takes beast memories for himself as he does with Catwoman.

Justice League of America 4

Restraining Shaggy Man,also takes his fire blast in the face.

Flying Phobos to Mars it proved to be able to survive in the vacuum of space as well as entering in the planet on fire,also reveals that kill the beast was a rite of passage for it to become the leader of his race.

Justice League of America 5

Disguise himself as Catwoman to uncover Secret Society's plan,knocked out Signalman and Copperhead with a backhand and also spitted out the bullet from his body.

Having his telepathy ''disable'' for some has to track down Selina with other super-senses,then disguised it before the Secret Society could capture her.

Martian Manhunter could pick up remnant thought of martians although they're dead a long time ago,flies at high speed towards the Earth supporting the temperature of reentry.

Egypt faces the creature known as Thot, who murdered his race by absorbing their psychic energies and even though he is mighty, J'onn is able to block his attacks.

Justice League 20

Reversing the flow of the synapses of Despero's brain,knocked unconscious for weeks.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6295 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21:why did he attack the JL?

#4 Posted by DarthShap (874 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@matchesmalone21:why did he attack the JL?

We do not know the context as of now. This page was both a flashback and a preview. Apparently the Martian Manhunter joined the League at some point and it ended like that.

#5 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: He joined the Justice League, just to test them. As shown in the latter scan, probably to see if they could join the Stromwatch. perhaps, after all everything is possible

#7 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#9 Posted by AweSam (7371 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny when Martian Manhunter has better feats than Darkseid.

#10 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam: Lol

#11 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@AweSam said:

It's funny when Martian Manhunter has better feats than Darkseid.

lol
#12 Edited by DEADPOOL (2702 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought that Martian Manhunter was seriously overpowered. All the powers of Superman combined with various other powerful abilities: super strength, super endurance, super speed, enhanced senses, eye beams, super breath, shapeshifting, telekinesis, telepathy, intangibility, invisibility, sonic scream, and rapid healing.

I liked the animated Justice League's portrayal of him, having just have telepathy, shapeshifting, intangibility, and flight (although the flight would make sense if it stemmed from telekinesis). Any super strength or endurance was ambiguous at best in the series and was generally attributed to some monstrous form he used.

#15 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Mm does fit into Sotrmwatch very well. I hope he would stay in the team.

#16 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Unfortunnately,he will request resignation of the team in issue 13

#17 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: that sucks

#18 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Yeah,but I believe it was for him to earn his own title in the fourth wave

#19 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I doubt he will be getting a title of his own. I don't think he has the capacity to hold his own solo ongoing.

#20 Posted by Lvenger (18242 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice respect thread for MM. I like what I see here.

#21 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: but they do it to explain its origin, also because in Stormwatch it will not be exploited. May not be a ongoing series, it may be a miniseries as they did with Ray.

@Lvenger: Thank you dude,I'm searching more scan to post here.

#22 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I dunno, I'm not a fan of him, but I do like him in Stormwatch. We shall see then.

#24 Posted by ManMartianhunter (33 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm hoping he can shine on his own or at least get a larger fanbase

#25 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

@ManMartianhunter: He will and I'm excite to see him again with the Justice League

#27 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#28 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

He's the Hero the Justice League deserves but not the one it needs.

#30 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: @NerdsFTW said:

Awesome.

#32 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

jeez, MMH keeps on mindwiping people

#33 Posted by Onemoreposter (3921 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice Scans

#34 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

Awesome.

#36 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

he's sure is powerful.

#37 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: and intelligent,I can't wait to see MM with he Justice League in next year!!

#38 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Awesome.

#39 Posted by TheGraySon (457 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how most of his feats in new 52 are based off of telepathy and intelligence. Its nice to see a durable telepath, and it might make him a bit less unbeatable if he loses some strength.

#41 Posted by Guardian_Prime (217 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEADPOOL: lol are you serious? The animated never showed him for just that. They showed him for pretty much all his real attributes and powers... he's always had enhanced endurance, strength,

#42 Edited by DEADPOOL (2702 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardian_Prime said:

@DEADPOOL: lol are you serious? The animated never showed him for just that. They showed him for pretty much all his real attributes and powers... he's always had enhanced endurance, strength,

Perhaps my memory is fuzzy, can you point out any instances where he's fighting on the same par as either Superman or Wonder Woman? Slugging it out with someone like Solomon Grundy, for instance?

He may have had instances where he had feats of strength that were beyond human, Batman and Flash have had them as well, but if memory serves me they focused on his other abilities that set him apart from the others.

I didn't really know much about Martian Manhunter before the Justice League series aired, but it made me like him. From just that show I thought his powers were telepathy, intangibility, flight, and shapeshifting. Now imagine my surprise when, in the comics, he also has super strength, super speed, ice breath, eye blasts, telekinesis, invisibility, sonic scream, mental blasts, x-ray vision, and nine senses... overkill.

#43 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEADPOOL: WEll,he fought with the Annihilator in Task Force X

#44 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12501 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEADPOOL: he went toe to toe with the entire League during the trial by fire arc of JLA and during the revelations arc of his own series. He also fought and humiliated Despero on a regular basis. MM has been said to be the League's most powerful member.

#45 Posted by DEADPOOL (2702 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@DEADPOOL: he went toe to toe with the entire League during the trial by fire arc of JLA and during the revelations arc of his own series. He also fought and humiliated Despero on a regular basis. MM has been said to be the League's most powerful member.

Well there's powerful and then there's "too" powerful, sort of like how Superman used to be.

I have a question though, do all martians possess those abilities? I know that Miss Martian does.

#46 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEADPOOL: Basically all Martians has the same powers,but not in the same level. Like Superman and Supergirl,in pre-new 52

#47 Posted by DEADPOOL (2702 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@DEADPOOL: Basically all Martians has the same powers,but not in the same level. Like Superman and Supergirl,in pre-new 52

Wasn't she weaker as a result of two combining factors: gender and age?

Interesting tidbit about all the martians having the same abilities to different degrees, so Martian Manhunter was just exceptional in all abilities? I really am getting the "overpowered" vibe here. I know that not all of you are going to agree, but I do wish they removed some of his powers post-52. This thread especially is making him look like a Gary Stu. How does anyone even pose a threat to him? Most of the scans people have posted in here are of him mindwiping people where they stand, unable to resist if they're even aware.

#48 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEADPOOL: Not exactly. The old and the new version of Supergirl, do not have a lot of differences, both version are mentioned as being more powerful than Superman,which is not true, but they demonstrate the powers without holding back and the 1st Supergirl do not process the sunlight as he, by staying too long in space, she was exposed to direct sunlight for years. This new version,her body was genetically modified to be able to absorb more quantity of sunlight and have better storage, as well as the first also exposed to the sun for years.

I understand you point,but I disagreed because the only reason people don't care about him is because his powers weren't well used or little showed,I do not think it necessary to reduce their powers, I just think it shows them properly,in the terms of the story and gives him a background,villains.... Create a story just for him, so that shows its origin and also establish his powers.

Who is Gary Stu?

#49 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

cool.

#50 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12501 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEADPOOL said:

@Guardian_Prime said:

Perhaps my memory is fuzzy, can you point out any instances where he's fighting on the same par as either Superman or Wonder Woman? Slugging it out with someone like Solomon Grundy, for instance?

He may have had instances where he had feats of strength that were beyond human, Batman and Flash have had them as well, but if memory serves me they focused on his other abilities that set him apart from the others.

I didn't really know much about Martian Manhunter before the Justice League series aired, but it made me like him. From just that show I thought his powers were telepathy, intangibility, flight, and shapeshifting. Now imagine my surprise when, in the comics, he also has super strength, super speed, ice breath, eye blasts, telekinesis, invisibility, sonic scream, mental blasts, x-ray vision, and nine senses... overkill.

he's beaten Despero solo. Despero has proven capable of taking on the entire League.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.