Follow

Martian Manhunter

Character » Martian Manhunter appears in 3662 issues.

Sole survivor of the Martian people, J'onn J'onzz was teleported to Earth decades ago by Dr. Saul Erdel. Since then, he has adopted Earth as his new home, playing many roles over his time with humanity: detective, secret agent, explorer, and even a founding member of the Justice League.

Martian vision theory

Darktimecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So yeah, I'm not exactly sure how the whole "Martian Vision" thing is supposed to work. Although most of J'onn's powers are kind of a grab bag, I think most of them tie into a common theme. That theme being that Martians are essentially big, psychic blobs of super-strong play dough. Martians are made of bio-polymers and can psionically alter their size, shape and form. More advanced techniques include altering ones density (intangibility) and making ones cells lose their ability to reflect light (Invisibility). Their psionic abilities that allow them to change shape extend to telepathy, telekinesis and esp. Their flying brick aspects are explained by this as well. Martians have super-strength because of their ability to increase their density and telekinetic powers. Their flight is also telekinetic and they can regenerate as a result of shape-shifting.

Having said all that, I don't exactly know how firing beams of energy from your eyes or x-ray vision is connected to all this, but I do have a loose theory. Perhaps it is an advanced technique or special ability given to a few select Martians to be able to focus their telekinesis to fire energy beams (i know there's not much science there) assuming that martian vision is a concussive force. I don't know about x-ray vision though, what do you guys think?

tyizzy360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe he changes the air around him into plasma bleams

i have no idea on x ray though

tyizzy360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tyizzy360

maybe he changes the air around him into plasma bleams

i have no idea on x ray though

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darktimecop:

excellent theory i also thought it would be easier to say their martian vision was just a beam of pure psychokinetic energy and blunt force

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.