Martian reprodution ?

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

I asked this question already on the Martain Forum and I got no respontes. So ill ask again.I heard that Martians reproduced asexually ? So dose that mean J'onn can have babbies like a female ?

#2 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#3 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

No ? so what then ? how do Martains reproduce then ? If anyone knows ?

#4 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

You see when a momma martian and pappa martian love each other very much...

I think they reproduce normally but I'm not sure.

#5 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

I said it before and ill say it again they reproduced asexually. "Asexual reproduction is a mode of reproduction by which offspring arise from a single parent, and inherit the genes of that parent only; it is reproduction which does not involve meiosis, ploidy reduction, or fertilization. A more stringent definition is agamogenesis which is reproduction without the fusion of gametes. Asexual reproduction is the primary form of reproduction for single-celled organisms such as the archaea, bacteria, and protists. Many plants and fungi reproduce asexually as well."

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: You've said that, and people have told you they reproduce normally. Why would you think they reproduce Asexually?

#7 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

Because its said so on this web site on the Martain page it says... "Long ago, the Planet Mars was home to a supremely powerful malignant race simply known as the Burning. These beings The Martians had vast pyrokinetic abilities, reproduced asexually, and made extensive plans of intergalactic conquest." end quote.

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

J'onn had a wife and children on Mars, that implies males and females. If they were asexual there would be no evolutionary need for there to be 2 genders

#9 Posted by Onemoreposter (4004 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

I asked this question already on the Martain Forum and I got no respontes. So ill ask again.I heard that Martians reproduced asexually ? So dose that mean J'onn can have babbies like a female ?

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

I said it before and ill say it again they reproduced asexually. "Asexual reproduction is a mode of reproduction by which offspring arise from a single parent, and inherit the genes of that parent only; it is reproduction which does not involve meiosis, ploidy reduction, or fertilization. A more stringent definition is agamogenesis which is reproduction without the fusion of gametes. Asexual reproduction is the primary form of reproduction for single-celled organisms such as the archaea, bacteria, and protists. Many plants and fungi reproduce asexually as well."

Uhhhh, why ask a question when you don't want the answer?

#10 Posted by Saren (25558 posts) - - Show Bio

Their sex is weird, to be sure. It involves melding their bodies together and connecting their souls and stuff. But it's still sex.

#11 Edited by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Their sex is weird, to be sure. It involves melding their bodies together and connecting their souls and stuff. But it's still sex.

doesn't matter, had sex

#12 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Because its said so on this web site on the Martain page it says... "Long ago, the Planet Mars was home to a supremely powerful malignant race simply known as the Burning. These beings The Martians had vast pyrokinetic abilities, reproduced asexually, and made extensive plans of intergalactic conquest." end quote.

well since you read it on the internet it must be true

#13 Posted by mathematicscore (167 posts) - - Show Bio

The Burning Martians reproduced Asexually; Green martians reproduced by melding their forms together and producing offspring from their own mass. They are usually depicted as having two distinct sexes, but as a race of shapeshifters, on the genetic level no less, I question whether these sexes even matter in reproduction.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.