Follow

Martian Manhunter

Character » Martian Manhunter appears in 3662 issues.

Sole survivor of the Martian people, J'onn J'onzz was teleported to Earth decades ago by Dr. Saul Erdel. Since then, he has adopted Earth as his new home, playing many roles over his time with humanity: detective, secret agent, explorer, and even a founding member of the Justice League.

Martian Manhunter Movie

Avatar image for the_monkey_manhunter
    The Monkey Manhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

your thoughts on this never gonna happen movie

The Monkey Manhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the movie would be good if they got a good director and focused on him trying to become 'human'

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AtPhantom

Why would the Martian Manhunter try to become human? That was never a part of his character. He has always been proud of martianity, and with his telepathy he has never had a problem understanding or fitting in with humans.

The Monkey Manhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i understand but some people cast him as trying to fit in and that would be a good story arc for the movie and maybe it could focus on him first coming to earth 

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AtPhantom
    @The Monkey Manhunter said:
    " i understand but some people cast him as trying to fit in and that would be a good story arc for the movie and maybe it could focus on him first coming to earth  "
    What people? I've read a lot of MM comics and him fitting in has never been an issue.
    The Monkey Manhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

justice league and other storys and fitting in has been an issue not that constantly but in the series 'The Batman he had troubles fitting in

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AtPhantom
    " justice league and other storys and fitting in has been an issue not that constantly but in the series 'The Batman he had troubles fitting in "
    Wait, so you're talking about cartoons?
    The Monkey Manhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no comics and the occasional comic show he is excluded

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sinestro2828

I'd love to see a Martian Manhunter movie, with a good storyline and great special effects for his shapeshifting and other super powers it could prove awesome :D

The Monkey Manhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ya and some good actors

Avatar image for greenlantern555
    GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By GreenLantern555
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @The Monkey Manhunter said:
    " justice league and other storys and fitting in has been an issue not that constantly but in the series 'The Batman he had troubles fitting in "
    Wait, so you're talking about cartoons? "
    I think he is talking about Cartoons. MM has never "Tried to be human" if he has I would love to see scans.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    "the movie would be good if they got a good director and focused on him trying to become 'human' "

so basically you want it to become a walking cliche 

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By majestic99

It could work.

Martian87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Martian87

If done correctly this could end up being one of if not the best super hero movie. The best way to convey him is to go back to his roots from Detective Comics as John Jones, slowly working in his back story with Ma'alefa'ak as the main villain. Having this movie as well as a Flash, Wonder Woman, Superman leading up to a justice league film with Starro as the villian would be amazing. Now the reason behind not having Batman is the fact that Nolan has said plenty of times his Batman would not connect into a justice league movie and seeing how successful the series is I don't see WB remaking it just for a Justice League film. Green Lantern would be great in the film but to be honest Green Lantern is much better as a solo character as he mainly deals with space adventures. Manhunter Superman Wonder Woman as well as Flash makes the most sense in a movie franchise stand point as they all have very different origins (Superman and Manhunter have similarities but deviate from each other rather quickly.) and different personalities to mesh well in a Justice League movie.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#15  Edited By TheCannon

No. They'll work his origin into a JLA movie.

Martian87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Martian87

Which would be unfortunate as he has so much potential of handling his own movie, just as there are other comics that could never hold onto a series yet had success with films (Blade). Marvel has DC beat with their movies, but at least DC fans can say our comics are much better reading.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#17  Edited By TheCannon

@Martian87 said:

Which would be unfortunate as he has so much potential of handling his own movie, just as there are other comics that could never hold onto a series yet had success with films (Blade). Marvel has DC beat with their movies, but at least DC fans can say our comics are much better reading.

No. Marvel is better in comics and movie. DC has pretty much won with cartoons though.

Martian87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Martian87

It must just be me but I am sick of all the X Titles and I haven''t been able to get into much after Civil War, Then again I am more of an obscure character fan so I was really into the Adam Strange Saga from 2004-2011, still my personal favorites comic wise. All I need from DC to be happy is a fun Science Fiction Movie with Adam Strange, a Time travel movie with Booster and a nice Crime movie with Martian Manhunter.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@Martian87: I think a crime noir type movie could be good for Manhunter as well. Maybe having him discretely using his powers to solve crimes as John Jones and only see him in his true form at home.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

#20  Edited By FlashKnight

Sorry to bumb but in light of MoS I could see some potential for a MM spinoff film after the Justice League movie. What do you all think?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.