Martian Manhunter How Was He Killed?

#1 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

By that I mean given his prodigious regeneration abilities (he once regenerated from nothing more than his hand) how was it that he was even able to be killed in the first place?

#2 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

To quote Dr. Hibbert: 

"Fire.  And lots of it." 

Libra and gang cooked him at the beginning of Final Crisis.

#3 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (730 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrMiracle77: I know fire is his weakness and all but, wouldn't he be able to regenerate after the attack?
#4 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
@DarkKnight96000:
it's kinda Confusing... try reading a copy of "Final Crisis Companion"... that's where i found out... it also explains who Libra is and his Origin..
#5 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

It's his weakness. When he's around fire his powers don't work all that well anymore

#6 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@DarkKnight96000 said:
" @MrMiracle77: I know fire is his weakness and all but, wouldn't he be able to regenerate after the attack? "
That only worked because he transferred his soul into the fragment and separated it from his main body. If the fragment was caught in the explosion, it would have died with the rest of him.
#7 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (730 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: What fragment did he transfer his soul into?
#8 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Effigy and Dr Light actually pumped his body full of fire iirc.  THEN Libra burned and staked him. 

Plus Libra's aura probably allowed him to weaken J'onn.
#9 Posted by Preacherl2k (460 posts) - - Show Bio

If there is ONE character that I wish they would bring back MM is the ONE!! He was one tough character!!

#10 Posted by mathematicscore (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Sivana.  And Apokalips powers.  It's all in Requiem.
#11 Posted by davidkenneth (443 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he returns
#12 Posted by davidkenneth (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Got My Wish

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.