Follow

Martian Manhunter

Character » Martian Manhunter appears in 3630 issues.

Sole survivor of the Martian people, J'onn J'onzz was teleported to Earth decades ago by Dr. Saul Erdel. Since then, he has adopted Earth as his new home, playing many roles over his time with humanity: detective, secret agent, explorer, and even a founding member of the Justice League.

Martian Manhunter

hydro 300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By hydro 300

I think that Martian Manhunter is one of the most powerful beings in the DC universe,i mean look at his powers! Also i think he is one of the most tragic charachters in comic books.I like that finally he is gaining a lot of atte ntion because he deserved! J´onn J´onzz your the man ! Also about his powers ,he punched Superboy-Prime hard!

No Caption Provided
    asafager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By asafager

Couldn't agree more! I've been saying for a while that J'onn deserves his own solo comic. He's one of the most powerful characters in the DCU and yet he always plays second fiddle to Superman and Batman. In the Justice League cartoon he really flexes his junk, pulling off some of the coolest moves in the series. More props to the Manhunter!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Lvenger

I completely agree. After Brightest Day, MM needs his own series back in Chicago in the guise of detective John Jones and he needs a suitable rouges gallery. This green martian in Brightest Day could be one, the Human Flame needs to make a reappearence, some more White Martians,Ma'alefa'ak and other rogues I can't think of right now.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Shadowdoggy

yeah, I think he should DEFINITELY get a new solo title 
    you know, now that he's alive again and all 
    he's definitely one of the most powerful members of the League 
    and I think he gets THEIR respect 
    even though he doesn't seem to warrant the same respect from the comic-reading public 
    LAST SON OF MARS ftw!
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Decept-O

Martian Manhunter is one of those characters not a lot of people know about, but that's the bad part because he is one of the better characters in DC.  He really does have some very strong powers and hope he gets more attention. 
    asafager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By asafager

I have an old Manhunter series written by Gerard Jones from 92 called American Secrets that is actually pretty awesome. It's dated, but very readable and fun. I sincerely hope that Geoff Johns or whoever gets the message and hooks us all up.

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crackerjack82

I wouldnt mind seeing him die again, as it great for DC to get rid of superman plus, granted it would be nice if superman died, stayed dead, and Manhunter took over

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Kallarkz
    @crackerjack82 said:
    " I wouldnt mind seeing him die again, as it great for DC to get rid of superman plus, granted it would be nice if superman died, stayed dead, and Manhunter took over "
    I was going to create a new topic advocating M.M get his own series but i found this topic.

Cracker: M.M is NOT a Superman plus. Just because someone has a similar power to to another does not make them a replica. His story, personality, and role in the league is VERY different from Superman.

I really think they should give him his own series. Make him stop playing little big planet
    majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By majestic99

@Kallarkz: I'm just tired of MM being second best to Superman. He deserves his own series! He isn't called "The Swiss Army Knive of Superheroes" for nothing!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#9  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Bump. The last time we neglected MM, he lst his spot as a JL founder. Let's show him the love he deserves

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.