Follow

Martian Manhunter

Character » Martian Manhunter appears in 3662 issues.

Sole survivor of the Martian people, J'onn J'onzz was teleported to Earth decades ago by Dr. Saul Erdel. Since then, he has adopted Earth as his new home, playing many roles over his time with humanity: detective, secret agent, explorer, and even a founding member of the Justice League.

Leadership Capability

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So in his ending for Injustice, the Martian Manhunter frees some metahuman prisoners and eventually forms his own Justice League. That got me thinking about his leadership capabilities. We all know that he's good at being tactical (organizing JL operations from the Watchtower) and he's a great second-hand-man. Yet, I've never really seen him lead his own team. With the Justice League, we already have the Trinity secured for head leadership. With Stormwatch, Apollo seemed to be the frontman with the government giving out orders. With JLA, Steve Trevor is the frontman with the government pulling the strings.

Do you guys think MMH would make a good leader for a super-powered team? Personally, I don't think he would. Yes, he's one of the most intelligent/wise individuals in the galaxy with plenty of experience with organization and monitoring conflicts (even between teammates). He just doesn't seem to be that kind of guy who's going about inspiring people. His "pep talks" are really short and straight to the point. He's really introverted and seems to creep a lot of characters out. I think J'onn would make a wonderful second-in-command, but I don't see him as being a good number one.

Kid_Nacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@alak: I think he works as a Lieutenant, or even in a semi-removed overseer capacity. The guy commands respect because of his insane power and abilities, yet he's so detatched and calm that he's sort of off-putting. Plus he seems reluctant to get involved in things, although he does step up when he needs to and throws hands for the greater good.

He's both inhuman and human at the same time, and I think a character like that works better as a mysterious team member rather than being front and center. I think if he were in the spotlight, it would take away from his mystique somewhat.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

I prefer him as a leader, like how he was portrayed in JLU.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman, pre-52, once said that he has a keen tactical mind and understands group dynamics better than anyone Bats has ever met. I've always liked him as the sort of overseer in the JLA, even Batman defers to him on occasion when it comes to strategy.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

i guess people forgot bout all those years he spent leading JLI..........

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League Taskforce?

Avatar image for mathematicscore
    mathematicscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLI and JLTF both. And JL Detroit for a bit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.