J'onn J'onnz' Return?

#1 Edited by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, bare with me through this alright...

caption

now we all know DC 1,000,000 was canon, it's been stated several times and things that they mentioned in the storyline have already come to pass...

which leads me on to this revelation... (see image)

Could it be?

we all know a lot of 'dead' characters are going to be brought back, temporerily and permanantly during the Blackest Night saga, so could this be what J'onn ment when he said Kyle helped him when all seemed darkest...

just a random thought there...

M
#2 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I half want it to turn out that MM was one of the bad guys (or Libra himself) that killed him and I half want him to stay dead for a good long while before he comes back and have it really be important (sorta like Barry, but better).

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

same here, which is why i'm thinking J'onn will be one of the major players in the Blackest Night...

M

#4 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

That's too soon (for me), I'm talking years, a decade maybe. He'll be back, but I want it to be a loooooooooong time coming.

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe...

i'll just wait and see...

i always liked J'onn as a character

M

#6 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually want him to come back for Blackest Night.

I think it'd be cool.

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

and, shock... horror... I was right...

latest interview with Geoff Johns...

A fan asked whether Martian Manhunter was "dead-dead or Geoff-Johns-needs-a-Black-Lantern-dead."

Johns replied "Geoff Johns needs a Black Lantern dead,"

Full interview here...

So, Manhunter with a black ring.... now forget Ion, that's a pretty scary thought just on it's own....

M

#8 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

That is awesome!

#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

just to say, i f**king called it!!!

lol

M

#10 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"just to say, i f**king called it!!!

lol

M
"
Does this mean we can figure J'onn will turn good somewhere in the story.
#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yup... or he'll overwhelm the ring somehow...

anything but the usual storyline of Hal "Golden Boy" Jordan flies in and saves everyone with his Mr Perfect attitude again... please god, anything but that...

seriously though, if i have to see another "Hal can do no wrong" storyline, i'm going to puke up on the comic and send it back to DC... it'll probably improve the quality of the writing %200

M

#12 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused though. Would someone brought back with the Black Ring, still live if they no longer had it?

#13 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't say I'm surprised :P Anyhow, I don't mind resurrections, as long as it's a part of a good story and not done just for the sake of it (one exception: any of my dead favorite characters is resurrected).

#14 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"I'm confused though. Would someone brought back with the Black Ring, still live if they no longer had it?

no clue...

we don't know enough about the Black Rings to make an accurate guess....

all i can say is that J'onn with a power ring is a f**king scary enemy

M
#15 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

If ya ask me they should just leave J'onn dead permentatly it will show that DC is willing to kill off one of their most famed charcters. Plus the aftershock of it will be even bigger then with the death of Sue Dibny.

#16 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

J'onn back for blackest night should be cool, I was beginning to think DC had was prejudiced against us green people what with Jade then J'onn getting killed. Part of me hopes Fernus is wielding the ring and J'onn takes him out to regain his life and that is part of the defeat of the Black Lanterns, though part of me thinks that might be weak. 

#17 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Just read that article, three words: "ongoing Zatanna series." Woohoo.

#18 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio
Cosmic Sentinel said:
"

J'onn back for blackest night should be cool, I was beginning to think DC had was prejudiced against us green people what with Jade then J'onn getting killed. Part of me hopes Fernus is wielding the ring and J'onn takes him out to regain his life and that is part of the defeat of the Black Lanterns, though part of me thinks that might be weak. 

"
Cool idea.

I still think J'onn's death should last longer though. I kinda feel like he should go back to being dead after Blackest night, but on the other hand I think that if they're bringing him back anyway, he might as well stay (I think going back and forth is silly; if he dies at the end of Blackest night it would have gone "life-death-life-death-and the eventual life later on at some point". If he stays alive this time it's just "life-death-life", which is slightly better.)
#19 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Cosmic Sentinel said:
"Just read that article, three words: "ongoing Zatanna series." Woohoo."

yeah i saw the Ongoing Zatanna series set...

that should be amazing, dunno who the creative team working with it is though

M
#20 Edited by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"and, shock... horror... I was right...

latest interview with Geoff Johns...

A fan asked whether Martian Manhunter was "dead-dead or Geoff-Johns-needs-a-Black-Lantern-dead."

Johns replied "Geoff Johns needs a Black Lantern dead,"

Full interview here...

So, Manhunter with a black ring.... now forget Ion, that's a pretty scary thought just on it's own....

M

"

Wouldn't take that as granted, Johns had been joking about black lanterns, saying that Batman, Vic Sage, the original firestorm and others would be in the black lantern corps (he had been joking)

Methos said:
"Cosmic Sentinel said:
"Just read that article, three words: "ongoing Zatanna series." Woohoo."

yeah i saw the Ongoing Zatanna series set...

that should be amazing, dunno who the creative team working with it is though

M
"

No artist announced but Paul Dini will be the writer
#21 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Paul Dini loves Zee almost as much as I do, he even married a magician (I'm waiting for a machine that can make the Zee in my comics real, like in the movie Weird Science that's why I clearly love her more as I'm willing to wait. My experiments are coming close to working though, I managed to turn a Barbie doll into Paris Hilton, though obviously that did mean the doll decreased in intelligence which is something to work on).

Anyways, I would like someone else to give Zee a try if only for another take on her character.

#22 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

*cough* new ion series with kyle rayner in it *cough*

#23 Posted by G-Man (30676 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it was at the DC Nation panel that Geoff kept saying he needed more Black Lanterns.  Someone asked if they were going to stop killing off characters.

Staff
#24 Posted by Fan-boy (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, you've always got the option of having Superboy also wielding a Black Lantern ring.
It could happen.

And, um, Elongated Man?

#25 Posted by John Valentine (16306 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet.

#26 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

of course hes coming back people seem to forget in comics there is NO SUCH THING AS DEATH lol

#27 Posted by NightFang (9904 posts) - - Show Bio
Come back to us John!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.