I don't give a **** about Martian Manhunter, but now that John Stewart is playable, I will buy the game. WWWWWOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOO!
the irony is that you still have to buy MMH in order to get him
still don't get why he wasn't part of the original roster...
- They could get away with it knowing they could make money on it later.
- Batman, Wonder Women, Flash, and Green Lantern are too popular to have tried to omit.
- Aquaman was too big a part of the story because of his army and has a solid fan-base in new 52.
- I doubt they would have gotten high solo dlc sales from Cyborg, and because he is a JLA, member they were probably told to add him in.
- But MMH while popular isn't really very iconic (not like the "main" JLA characters with solos). I'd say him, Cyborg are probably the only 2 they could get away with omitting, with J'onn being the one most likely to get higher DLC sales. Aquaman is debatable (but outsells Wonder Women in comic sales).
TLDR: It is a numbers game: trying to maximize DLC revenue vs upsetting fans by omitting essential content.