Follow

Martian Manhunter

Character » Martian Manhunter appears in 3630 issues.

Sole survivor of the Martian people, J'onn J'onzz was teleported to Earth decades ago by Dr. Saul Erdel. Since then, he has adopted Earth as his new home, playing many roles over his time with humanity: detective, secret agent, explorer, and even a founding member of the Justice League.

i really like the new look

starrk_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By starrk_coyote
    No Caption Provided

i really like the new look on man hunter, it is Straight clean, and elegant Design to him,the new 52 design. :) well made redesign +1 from me

i like this one more then the old ones that he had, the old designs had to much of the cap or shoulders or something like that or the really weird look at the 50's with the round bold head look was to me like: THE HELL????????????????????????

but that is just me :)

your favorite E V I L kitten ;-)

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Yep, it's pretty cool.

Avatar image for darth_brendroid
    darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By darth_brendroid

I prefer the One Year Later look myself. I don't mind this, but I just think it could be sleeker - as it is it feels like there are a few too many different design elements (attempts at respecting the classic-50's design, but also implementing the Brightest Day look in addition to making it look more modern and alien simultaneously - I just don't think it meshed too well. The remains of the 'X' particularly I don't think work well, but without them the costume feels incomplete. The OYL design is sleek and the retaining of the 'X' works better IMO). I just have some issues with it - it works, but I think it could be better.

BlueArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BlueArrow

I agree, his new look makes him look way creepier and seems to makes him look alot more like a threat and bad-ass, which makes sense for someone who can take down the justice league.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@BlueArrowsaid:

I agree, his new look makes him look way creepier and seems to makes him look alot more like a threat and bad-ass, which makes sense for someone who can take down the justice league.

i wouldnt say creepy, just alien

@darth_brendroid

said:

I prefer the One Year Later look myself. I don't mind this, but I just think it could be sleeker - as it is it feels like there are a few too many different design elements (attempts at respecting the classic-50's design, but also implementing the Brightest Day look in addition to making it look more modern and alien simultaneously - I just don't think it meshed too well. The remains of the 'X' particularly I don't think work well, but without them the costume feels incomplete. The OYL design is sleek and the retaining of the 'X' works better IMO). I just have some issues with it - it works, but I think it could be better.

funny thing is, the X was never supposed to be his symbol in the first place.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.