How strong is he exactly?

#1 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read a ton of JLA comics and all that stuff, I'm not new to DC at all but something that has always confused me was the strength of J'onn. Some writers depict him as stronger than superman, some see him as equal, and some depict him as strong but weak against just about everything (or so it seems)....etcetc.

It's one thing to say he's one of, if not thee, strongest in the League but when it comes down to it he always gets pummeled.

So how strong is he exactly?

#2 Posted by Loki9876 (3049 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard he's as strong as superman but with the new 52 that's probably changed (I think).

#3 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they ll be writing him as strong as superman here in the new 52. Post flashpoint however he was considered to have superman level strength.

#4 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

As strong as Superman.

#5 Posted by The Stegman (24426 posts) - - Show Bio

As strong as the writers want him to be

#6 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Flashpoint he was on Superman's level

With the New 52, we have no way of telling.

#7 Posted by Redletter (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Aactually No!

The Martian Manhunter was always bit stronger then superman. With All the abilities of superman plus

Ghosting through walls

Invisibility

Shape Changing

But for some reason writers have been making him weaker or the same level when there is not much need for it

As the Martian Man Hunter can be killed with a hot poker, a flame thrower, or by a bunch of normal people standing around him with burning bit's of paper

Fire used to be a real problem for him now

the writers might ass well just create new characters then write for old if their going to keep screwing around with them, it's why I stopped reading, when i was a little kid, I think they make a habit of to many reboots & character changing

#8 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

I lied, Martian Manhunter can merge with planets(and exponentially increase his strength, equivalent to a kryptonian getting sundipped).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.