Follow

Martian Manhunter

Character » Martian Manhunter appears in 3662 issues.

Sole survivor of the Martian people, J'onn J'onzz was teleported to Earth decades ago by Dr. Saul Erdel. Since then, he has adopted Earth as his new home, playing many roles over his time with humanity: detective, secret agent, explorer, and even a founding member of the Justice League.

how old is martian manhunter ?

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

is it confirmed is any source ?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dondave

@xargo: In the Pre-52 he was 225 million years old.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: how..wut…cant even….WHO IDEA WAS THIS?!? how old were his kids?!? 50'000

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: that's a great fact right there

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xargo said:

@dondave: how..wut…cant even….WHO IDEA WAS THIS?!? how old were his kids?!? 50'000

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for dannilosantiago
    dannilosantiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@dondave: Well now that is what I call old... :D

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@dondave: I'm wondering how old he is post-flashpoint

with his new origin he could be like 8 years old

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hundred of millions if not billions of years old.

If I'm not mistaken the latest reports from NASA say that Mars lost its atmosphere around 2 billion years ago. So if we are to take that into account, then J'onn puts the O in old.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: this is so very mind boggling, again he didn't need to be this op, i wouldn't have minded a century or two, but 225,00000 years old?!? i know pre crisis isn't the worst but what hell were they thinking

bgphilbin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Much of his history was created Post-Crisis (including the above page by John Ostrander), as his past was not delved into very much outside of his adventures prior to Crisis. Currently looking for further sources for this claim, since this is a passing reference that could be missed by an editor and the rest of the production staff. There doesn't seem to be anything outside of his eponymous title that references anything that closely approximates his age. Best I can find is that there are references to him being "centuries old". Also that he will likely live into the 30th Century (this one is Pre-Crisis, as seen in Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #200). Other references indicate that Martians had very long lives to begin with, but nothing specific to how long. The number 225 is obviously a reference to his first appearance in Detective Comics #225, but I've seen no references indicating that he is millions of years old outside of John Ostrander's single text box. What I'd like to find is something further in cannon that clarifies - at least generally - how old he currently is or how long Martians' life expectancy is. It's also possible that J'onn also has added life force which enhances his life expectancy, but - again - I find no indications of this. Also, If anyone has another page reference or the like that will help nail this down, I'd appreciate it. It's possible that DC has ignored this particular reference to a specific level of nigh-immortality, even though it's been generally accepted that he is extremely long lived. But I'd like to see more than one reference, as Who's Who in the DC Universe makes absolutely no mention of this particular aspect of his Martianhood. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.