How is his 1998 series?

#1 Posted by xposipx (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Never read it and it's one of those titles I can get the full run for dirt cheap online.

To be honest, I never read ANY JLA and am not a big fan of many characters outside of Arkham. I re-read the Harley Quinn 2000 series recently and loved the issues with her banter vs. MM. Is he always written like this? With a sense of subtle humor and easily annoyed? I know anyone reading this will be biased, but if the character is similar to the way he is written in the Quinn comics - I think I would enjoy the series.

#2 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

I deffinantly recommend picking it up, there's alot going on in it. If it's cheapp, buy it. you wont be disapointed.

#3 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

The series is worth it imo. I have each one including the annuals and I always enjoy the reads. M.M is a great character and written very well in this run,

#4 Posted by xposipx (33 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks for the info! any more opinions?

#5 Posted by mathematicscore (164 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd just add that while I have not read the Harley issues yet, I know that the Villianess there, Betty Noir, first appears here.  Over all, it's a relatively serious, above average superhero title.  Lots of fun guest stars and some cool world building.  In terms of characterization, this is a far cry from the JLI's more humorous take, but still acknowledges J'onn's dry wit.  I hope you enjoy it! 

#6 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue #24 is win

#7 Posted by Hatutzeraze (269 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved that comic. I own the entire run and it was one of those that ended far too soon. I felt like they had only scratched the surface.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.