Martha leaves the Doctor Who universe...

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
Well, it's been rumored for some time now but the latest press release from ITV states firmly that Freema Agyeman, most famous for her portrayel of Martha Jones in Doctor Who and Torchwood will not be returning for Torchwood's third season, dispite the scripts for the entire season already have been written to include her...

Freema has decided to join ITV's new show Law & Order: London instead, effectively breaching her contract with the BBC...

Agyeman was "ditched" from the Doctor Who spinoff after signing up to ITV's UK version of Law & Order. Freema was previous contracted to reprise her role as medic Martha Jones in Torchwood's five-part mini-season following a stint in the show earlier in the year.

This has really f*cked things about. We’ve had to go back and re-edit the scripts for the entire season because she’s not going to be in it. ITV is the Beeb's bitter rival, so the fact she's going over there to star in a big new project has not gone down well at all with the writers or directors of both shows.

wow, screwing over the BBC and a well known and popular show to star in a new show from the companies bitter rival...

i can't decide if Freema has balls of steel or is just stupid...

M
#2 Posted by Eruanna Vanlanthiriel (62 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote Stupid

#3 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

That's stupid, I bet Law And Order: London will fail miserably. If I were her, I would stay with Doctor Who and Torchwood instead... this is sad, sad news...

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, and the way she left... the BBC are never going to take her back now...

her carrer is pretty much over now, bad image and everything...

M

#5 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

i can understand wanting to star in a major production. But she could have had an awesome run on Torchwood. And if she already had a contract with them.. can't they like sue her or something..

I always did Hate Martha xP

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.