Waid's Fantastic Four

#1 Posted by SpacemanSpiff (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently have read several back issues from Waid's FF run and have really been enjoying how fun it is. This is the first time I have read anything by Waid, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend anything else he has written that is similar in tone and quality. Thanks!

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

It really is the best FF run in my opinion. Have you read Unthinkable yet? Easily the best FF arc of all time.

For other stuff on Waid's best work, you can't go wrong with Superman: Birthright, Kingdom Come, and JLA: Tower of Babel.

#3 Posted by Billy Batson (58070 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't really go wrong with Mark Waid.
BB

#4 Posted by SpacemanSpiff (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

It really is the best FF run in my opinion. Have you read Unthinkable yet? Easily the best FF arc of all time.

For other stuff on Waid's best work, you can't go wrong with Superman: Birthright, Kingdom Come, and JLA: Tower of Babel.

Thanks for the suggestions. As for Unthinkable, the Prologue and Parts 2 and 3 are in a big lot of back issues I just bought. Hopefully, I'll be able to appreciate the arc even without Part 1.

#5 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by chalkshark (1190 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Zhakaraz (81 posts) - - Show Bio

hes a great writer.

He is currently doing Irredeemable, Incorruptible and Daredevil. (possibly more)

#8 Posted by TDK_1997 (14900 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA:Tower of Babel,his current run on Daredevil and Superman:Birthright.

#9 Posted by SpacemanSpiff (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like most things by Waid are worth checking out. According to his ComicVine page, he had a long run on Flash. Are those issues worth searching for in back issue bins?

@chalkshark said:

@SpacemanSpiff: JLA: Year One. Waid's run on Legion of Super-Heroes was also excellent. Of course, Daredevil.

I have about 8 issues from the JLA: Year One series but haven't read them yet. I'll have to pull 'em out and take a look!

#10 Posted by Billy Batson (58070 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpacemanSpiff said:

Sounds like most things by Waid are worth checking out. According to his ComicVine page, he had a long run on Flash. Are those issues worth searching for in back issue bins?

If you can get them then sure. He's in the top 2 Flash writers.
BB

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.