Mark Waid Was Evil, Mark Waid Is INCORRUPTIBLE!

Posted by G-Man (36788 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you been reading Mark Waid's Irredeemable?  It's been a refreshing look at what happens when the ultimate superhero turns evil.  In December, Mark Waid will look at the flip side.  His new ongoing series at Boom! Studios will ask the question, "What happens when a villain becomes a hero?"  Sure we've seen this sort of thing happen with characters like Venom, Sabretooth and even the Riddler but if you've read Irredeemable, you know Waid will have some tricks up his sleeve.

Tying into events of Irredeemable, INCORRUPTIBLE focuses on super villain Max Damage.  The day that Irredeemable's Plutonian destroyed Sky City, Max Damage had an epiphany.  Seeing the ultimate good turn evil made Max decide to change his ways.  Deciding to change his name to Max Daring, he now has to turn away from his selfish ways to become...INCORRUPTIBLE.  

This new series will look at the hard, difficult road that Max will have to face in order to change his ways and make a difference in the world.

"While you don't need to be reading IRREDEEMABLE to enjoy this new series, INCORRUPTIBLE continues that complex study of caped morality at the end of the world," says Managing Editor, Matt Gagnon. "Readers will be shown a shockingly different perspective of The Plutionian's world, where a super-villain, pushed by an insurmountable force, dares to be INCORRUPTIBLE. " 

INCORRUPTIBLE will be written by Mark Waid with art by hot newcomer Neil Edwards.  Issue #1 ships with two covers in a 50/50 split featuring art by John Cassaday and Tim Sale.  There will also be a 1-in-10 incentive cover by Jeffrey Spokes.

Also, for those attending the Long Beach Comic Con, you have the opportunity to drink up with Mark Waid on Saturday, October 3, 2009.  Everyone is invited.

#1 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this sounds pretty cool!

#2 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds great 
#3 Posted by G-Man (36788 posts) - - Show Bio

Ireedemable is a book people should definitely check out as well.

#4 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds awesome

#5 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark  Waid IS the man.
#6 Posted by G-Man (36788 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain: Yes, he is.
#7 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Eeeeehhhhh...I'll bite. Irredeemable was good, I just don't like the idea of him just flipping a concept especially since it's in the same universe. I would have liked another book that takes place in the same universe, but I'm iffy about another book that's doing the opposite of the premise in the original.

#8 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been meaning to pick Irredeemable and since Incorruptible is coming, I should act fast.

#9 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so happy that Mark Waid is expanding the Irredeemable universe.  Definitley grabbing this. 

#10 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

That's pretty interesting, I'll probably pick this up.

#11 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

Will check it out, simply because its Mark Waid

Just out of curiosity, how is Mark Waid able to work on so many series at the same time while still being EIC of Boom Studios? Impressive

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.