Follow

Mark Waid

Person » Mark Waid is credited in 2433 issues.

Mark Waid is an American writer, considered to be one of the most influential writers of the 1990s. His expansive works includes The Flash, JLA, and Kingdom Come for DC and Captain America for Marvel. He is currently writing Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Shazam, and Superman: The Last Days of Lex Luthor for DC.

Boom! Studios Teases Next Project by Mark Waid

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Mark Waid is no stranger to Boom! Studios. Waid was the Editor-in-Chief, and later, Chief Creative Officer and has been busy writing both IRREDEEMABLE and INCORRUPTIBLE for some time. It has been announced that both series are coming to an end with issues #37 and 30, respectively. So does that mean Waid is done writing at Boom!?

Looks like the answer is no. Boom! has released this visual press release.

No Caption Provided

While there isn't an actual confirmation, I think it's safe to assume that Waid will be writing Steed and Mrs. Peel, the original Avengers from the TV series that ran from 1961-1969 (with The New Avengers continuing in 1976). Boom! has been publishing STEED AND MRS. PEEL so perhaps we'll see the continuation of this series or possibly a new one (since Emma Peel wasn't the only partner John Steed had).

We'll have to wait for the official announcement to get all the details.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KRYPTON

Cool, looking forward to more information

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Miss_Garrick

NEAT!

Avatar image for all_around_nerd
    All_Around_Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By All_Around_Nerd

What's the hellfire club thing?

revbucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By revbucky

I would really like to see this!

MrStatham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrStatham

@All_Around_Nerd: The Hellfire Club was an actual group that existed before Claremont came up with them. In Avengers terms, the Hellfire Club are a group that Steed and Peel came across; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellfire_Club

I think it's also the Avengers' Hellfire Club that gave Claremont the idea for the corsets/collars/thigh high boots getup for the HFC in X-Men.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BatWatch

That was a good old TV show. I had no idea the Avengers had a comic series.

To quote Abed, Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

#7  Edited By wmwadeii

I've only ever seen the Movie. Might have to check out the other media.

Novaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Novaar

The movie was about as close to the TV series as Batman and Robin was to the comics...nothing like it! The series was inventive, suggested and teased a relationship but never confirmed, and had fantastic leads. The movie had Uma Thurman...enough said! I'd suggest anybody who hasn't seen it to watch it.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Great T.V show hope the comics do the show justice. Diana Rigg was great as ms peel.

p_rixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By p_rixx

I've wasted so many hours on this movie when i was young. Never really thought of it being a full scale franchise.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Gambit1024

Waid's involved?

I'm interested.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By fACEmelter88

It better be better than that crappy Avengers movie from the 90's...but Waid is awesome so hooray I guess.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Oh that would be amazing. Original Avengers and Mark Waid? Awesomeness!

MutieLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MutieLover

@Novaar: The 60's "Batman" show was actually a lot like the 50's/60's Batman books...

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Gambit1024 said:

Waid's involved?

I'm interested.

^Yup. 
    Alton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Alton

After rereading the article and catching the part again from Waid about how cool it would be to use the Hellfire Club to crossover Steed and Peel and the X-Men I am totally against supporting this project. While this isn't a plotline currently in production If Waid wants to suck up to Marvel for some reason then let him do it with an independent Marvel project.Iconic characters like Steed and Peel deserve better than this.It's exactly because I don't want to read more Marvel/DC sludge is why I read Steed and Peel. Is Marvel or Claremont ever going to pony up money for their theft of the names Avengers or Hellfire Club? Just wonderin' True Believers.

MrStatham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrStatham

@Alton said:

After rereading the article and catching the part again from Waid about how cool it would be to use the Hellfire Club to crossover Steed and Peel and the X-Men I am totally against supporting this project. While this isn't a plotline currently in production If Waid wants to suck up to Marvel for some reason then let him do it with an independent Marvel project.Iconic characters like Steed and Peel deserve better than this.It's exactly because I don't want to read more Marvel/DC sludge is why I read Steed and Peel. Is Marvel or Claremont ever going to pony up money for their theft of the names Avengers or Hellfire Club? Just wonderin' True Believers.

Umm.. First off, the Avengers can't put a trademark on the name 'Avengers'. Secondly, the makers of the Avengers didn't come up with the Hellfire Club. It was an actual group.

Alton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Alton

@MrStatham said:

@Alton said:

Umm.. First off, the Avengers can't put a trademark on the name 'Avengers'. Secondly, the makers of the Avengers didn't come up with the Hellfire Club. It was an actual group.

Belabor us with the obvious as usual.The fact that Marvel/Claremont took these ideas from other sources without acknowledgement and whether trademarkable or not is still idea theft.Claremont may be slightly less guilty than Marvel but I really don't care.The fact that in addition to Waid's idiotic comment we now have to look at those Godawful variant covers still tells me that this is a project that isn't getting my support. Up until now Boom was one of my favorite indies. Support who and what you want I've got better titles to spend my money on.

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By KidSupreme

I hope its gonna be goood!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.