jloneblackheart's The Green Hornet #1 - The Sting review

• jloneblackheart wrote this review on .
  • jloneblackheart has written a total of 58 reviews. The last one was for
  • This review received 7 comments

The Return of Britt Reid to Dynamite

After the end of Green Hornet Year One, we've been left with the Green Hornet legacy title, with Britt Reid's son taking the mantle. A whole new group of fresh characters in a modern setting. This new title brings us back to the original essence of the Green Hornet - a hero disguised as a villain.

What's great about this book so far is the focus on Britt himself, not the Hornet persona. We see his world and his plans, as well as his allies and employees, something that was always a major focus of the original serials and TV show. At the same time, we get to see that the Hornet is all part of the entire picture, merely a tool used to do good and not some separate entity operating on a different wavelength.

The Green Hornet was always a crime and drama genre, not a superhero book, and this title brings the character back to his roots. This book portrays the essence of what the Green Hornet truly is in one nice package, while setting up a bigger story line which is obviously on the way.

Edited by TheAcidSkull

Great Review

Posted by jloneblackheart

@theacidskull: Thanks. Just read yours. Glad you liked the book. Green Hornet doesn't have enough fans.

Moderator
Posted by TheAcidSkull

Well this was by waid so i HAD to pick it up :P

Posted by johnkmccubbin91

Brilliant review, totally agreed

Edited by jloneblackheart

@johnkmccubbin91: Thanks. I wouldn't call it brilliant exactly, but I am happy at the direction of the series so far.

Moderator