Follow

Mark Millar

Person » Mark Millar is credited in 1245 issues.

Mark Millar is a comic writer known best for his work on The Authority, and many flagship titles for Marvel, and the hugely successful Civil War storyline. He is currently focusing on creator-owned work.

What Will Mark Millar's Next Marvel Project Be?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided
    Mark Millar has done some big things at Marvel.  Civil War, Old Man Logan and even Ultimates have all been big successes for Millar and Marvel.  Bleeding Cool reported on Millar's posting at his Millarworld forums:

I’m basically wanting to borrow the family car for a little while, take it on the scariest ride ever and hopefully hand it back in one piece.

Hopefully the fact that this has the potential to be bigger than Civil War will convince him. Here’s hoping as I love this. I just have that crazy good feeling about it when you know you’re onto something big. I knew we had it with Old Man Logan, Kick-Ass and Ultimates and I smell it here. This has the potential to be absolutely crazy.

Apparently Millar is scheduled to meet with Joe Quesada about this today.  It sounds as if Millar is pumping this up himself.  But if he's that confident in his idea, why not?  That kind of enthusiasm is what all writers should have.  Who wants to hear a writer say they're going to do something that will turn out "okay."  The real question is, what could this "family car" be that he wants to borrow?
    the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the Vica

I think by 'the family car' he means the whole Marvel Universe :P  

Pair him up with McNiven again and this could be mahoosive. Have total faith in Mark. 
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bruce Vain

I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mattydeNero

X-Men, X-Men, X-Men 
     One can only hope for someone to get a hold of that "family" and straighten things out.
    Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Bobby X

I thought he said in a recent interview regarding his would-be Superman movie trilogy, that he doesn't "pitch" stories and never will...
    Avatar image for emerald_warrior
    Emerald Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Emerald Warrior
    @Bobby X said:
    " I thought he said in a recent interview regarding his would-be Superman movie trilogy, that he doesn't "pitch" stories and never will... "
    LOL My thoughts exactly...
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Adam Michaels

Maybe he's got another Marvel Comics crossover idea? With Millar, I believe we should be in good hands. He's earned my trust.
    Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Bobby X
    @Emerald Warrior:
    LoL good, not just me then...cuz this sure sounds like a "pitch" to me.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself

I thought that Quesada said that Marvel was done with crossovers after Dark Reign

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Moomin123

Is Mark thinking of ideas for films or comic book series?
    glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By glforthewin

i hope he finally gets war heroes out 

FatCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FatCobra

Quesada better let Millar do whatever he wants.

Liam Bradley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Liam Bradley
    @FatCobra said:
    " Quesada better let Millar do whatever he wants. "
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By zombietag

all i know is im a little tired of gigantic crossovers. lets just do some normal stories for a while, then we can get millars "family car ride"

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I'm pretty interesting in hearing this. Especially if it's something that brings to an end all these book ending events. Past few years it's just been one event after the next. Even after Dark Reign we will be having The Siege. Though The Siege is possibly the events that transitions us from Dark Reign to back where the heroes are heroes again. It would be silly if that happened too suddenly.

I really want to know more about The Siege and how long it's expected to last. Hope is returning with Cable in December, and the X-Men have their own story to tell of how the events of M-Day are reversed.

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Chaos Agent
    @danhimself said:
    " I thought that Quesada said that Marvel was done with crossovers after Dark Reign "
    and yet they are already soliciting the Siege lol
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Media_Master

Too vague on the description

LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LastSon1027

As long as he stays away from DC I could care less.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#18  Edited By xerox_kitty

The First Family of Marvel has always been the Fantastic Four... sounds like he's planning on taking the flying Fantasti-Car out for a joy-ride.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By goldenkey
    @LastSon1027 said:
    "As long as he stays away from DC I could care less. "

You could only wish Millar would go to D.C.  Forget the movie but check out Wanted the graphic novel and see what he did with a D.C. version of the multi-verse  Superman villans vs Batman villans and then say he wouldn't be welcome.  You might be surprised.  It's a great book.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By goldenkey
    @mattydee007 said:
    "X-Men, X-Men, X-Men  One can only hope for someone to get a hold of that "family" and straighten things out. "

I haven't read the X-men in years.  I personally did not like what Grant Morrison did with X-men ( I know, I know, what I just said could be taken in as sacrilage)  I was so psyched about him going to the X-men too considering that his run on the JLA is what actually got me into D.C. in the first place.  Before that I had a few random Batman stories, and watched JLA and JLA unlimited, but never read anything in D.C. but his run was classic, then he blew it on X-men.  Anyway before I ramble even more, I was sucked into Millar's work when I picked up Ultimate X-men, and was blown away.  Then the Ultimates followed and like Morrison with the JLA, I had never read Avengers or any of it's charaters, but his run as a whole is a personal favorite in the past 10 years.  I can only hope he tackles the X-men again.
    GatewayGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GatewayGeek

I'm wondering what Millar is thinking here. The entire shtick of Marvel since 2000 has been about changing the status quo in drastic and scary ways. 

Things in the Marvel U now look completely alien (pun not intended) to what they were ten years ago. Most people wait to try stuff like Civil War and Dark Reign in parallel universes, not in the main continuity. But The House of Ideas has been going all out. 

Millar's already had his hands in other Marvel titles already, like Fantastic Four, and he's done some strange things there that haven't been seen since the days of Kirby. If he wants to make an impact like the one he's talking about here on the Marvel U, it has to be truly grand in scale. 

Seriously, he's going to have to kill off just about everyone to make this truley shocking.

I've recently started a comic blog:  http://gatewaygeek.wordpress.com

GatewayGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GatewayGeek
    @FoxxFireArt: I agree with you, there is a precarious balance going on with these events in how they are awesome but starting to get old. They are cool, but I feel that after a while Marvel is going to have to realize that they screwed over their characters enough and things are going to have to go back to the status quo.

I remember an article I red a while ago on Mania/comics about how ever few years comic continuities should just reboot and start from scratch. Marvel's been the most adamant about not doing this. Maybe that's what these events are leading up to. 

Started a comics blog: http://gatewaygeek.wordpress.com

ps: I'm pretty sure I'm following you on deviantart.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.