Mark Millar/Steve McNiven Next Project: 'Nemesis' Revealed

• 65 results
#51 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a solid concept, and one that deserves to be explored with a clean slate rather than established characters.  I enjoy this sort of thing; flipping stale archetypes around and dealing with some of the obvious problems with vigilantism that more establishment titles gloss over.

Now show me the execution.  I've seen great ideas go down in flames before.

#52 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grendel said:
" @John Valentine:  Not lately unfortunately. "
I have to agree with this. Ultimate Avengers has been okay, Old Man Logan had a very disappointing ending, and Kick Ass is so so. That and Millar is kind of a corporate whore.
#53 Posted by Gregomasta (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to read it.

#54 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that Millar knows what he´s doing. I´ve faith in him.

#55 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting that it comes out months after Mark Waid's Irredeemable, an evil take on Superman.
#56 Posted by waruikumo (357 posts) - - Show Bio

also how is millar going to write something on going.  It took Old Man Logan how long to come out?  Which was good but also kinda underwhelming (I read the trade in less then 3 or 4 hours.  For 8 issues, I felt it moved EXTREMELY fast.  And they left open a great deal, which I dislike, why the hell do you have to leave it purposefully open for a sequel?  Also it was sorta a stretch to me that Banner and his cousin could ultimately degenerate to incestual hillbillies.  And they just all together by passed Doom? 

I dunno, I guess i forgive Millar; no doubt, dude did write ultimates 1 and his run on Ult X-men was so dollar bill money.  But this recent stuff is been weak and made to make money off of,  and time line wise really slow, and less dense than other writers. 

I do love nerd hulk though. 

Serious Marvel Give Greg Pak (Incredible Herc) some more love, or Chris Yost (Psylocke is the bomb, even if kill bill-y).  

#57 Posted by TwilightThunder (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yes... the (always helpful) controversy... this book will the shiznit.  Keep whining, people, and we will have this NEMESIS thing selling 1 million copies when released as a paperback! 

P.S Bring it on, Millar.

#58 Posted by Grendel (560 posts) - - Show Bio
@burr787 said:
" @Grendel said:
" @John Valentine:  Not lately unfortunately. "
I have to agree with this. Ultimate Avengers has been okay, Old Man Logan had a very disappointing ending, and Kick Ass is so so. That and Millar is kind of a corporate whore. "
Exactly. I liked some of his Civil War stuff (And his Ultimate X-men was mostly entertaining) but he needs to reign himself in on the reliance on shock value.
#59 Posted by JLAsuperdude (174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Catastrophic:
I'd watch your language on the vine, but good point.
#60 Posted by Bat-Man (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds pretty damn interesting to me...

#61 Posted by NawfalQ (80 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dr. Detfink said:
" Millar always has these novel concepts with ultra violent moments but the finish is hardly believable. "
exactly.
#62 Posted by manbat (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Too much of batman is good in my book!

#63 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna be another great Icon imprint.
#64 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, that sure looks familiar. 
In fact, it's too similar to Batman and Joker.

#65 Posted by Wolfgangg (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey Millar, how bout finishing up titles that you left after three issues before gearing up for another Hollywood blockbuster? 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.