Mark Millar's Secret Super-Hero Film

Posted by inferiorego (23163 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the fine and wonderful people at IGN, Mark Millar has a secret super hero film coming out, and no, it's not anything you've ever heard of.

According to Millar, the film will be based on a totally original concept, set in Scotland, revolve around a Scottish superhero

It's not gonna be a big huge summer blockbuster though.

the film would shoot this summer on a low-budget, and rather than featuring stars, the cast would instead be peopled by unknown under-20s. 

So low budget, unknown actors, and a new hero.  Stay tuned for the next couple of weeks, when more is announced.... like an actual release date.

What do you guys think about this? What will this Scottish hero be like?
Staff
#1 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

SISE MEN Mark Millar's Brand new film!

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

The Highlander....

#3 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: "it's not anything you've ever heard of. "

never heard of Highlander? shame
#4 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
When is this coming out ?!?!?!
#5 Edited by The Lobster (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

At least he's not trying to get big and famous into Hollywood like Frank Miller. He knows it's better to start off small and work his way up to directing big budget films that way he can showcase off his talents in small doses and see if he actually wants that kind of job to become a bigger career choice in his future, rather then just diving into it without any years of experience like Frank Miller.

#6 Posted by CletusTheFoetus (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I hear it's a film 'based on a true story' of Gordon Browns adventure into becoming a real life superhero after loosing the election but gaining extraordinary powers! 

#7 Posted by ecm1285 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's as cool as this!
#8 Edited by NightFang (9985 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm interested in the movie but I have to know more.

#9 Posted by mrrpm01 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

I have one thing to say on the comment "it's not going to be a summer blockbuster because of  the budget" DISTRICT 9  nuff said

#10 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio

That actually sounds pretty sweet. I want to see more heroes from around the world and this is a good start ha ha

#11 Posted by camodude (193 posts) - - Show Bio

it sounds amazing 

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Voidheart: 

facepalm lol

#13 Posted by jamdown (294 posts) - - Show Bio

just about all of Millars ideas are Kick-ass so this movie should be appealing to comic readers
#14 Posted by 00 Raiser (442 posts) - - Show Bio
@ecm1285:  Now thats kick ass.
#15 Posted by jake104 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

hopefully it will be good

#16 Posted by Lydian Sel (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm what could it be... I guess it's far too much to hope for a sequel to Orgasmo.

#17 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

scottish super hero lets hope his weakness isnt bagpipes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.