Mark Millar's Brother is his Real Life Nemesis... for Charity

Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

The new face of charity.

Get this  - -   Mark Millar’s brother, Dr. Bobby Millar, will dress up as Nemesis and jump out of a plane on the 22 to raise money for disabled kids. Wild, huh? Millar’s, of course, no stranger to provocative fund-raising stunts. You’ll recall that he auctioned off character names for NEMESIS and KICK-ASS, and he’s planning to do something similar for his next comic, SUPERIOR (the Superman riff with Leinil Francis Yu.) Mark’s brother, Bobby, works with special needs children so, in this case, he’s looking to raise forty grand to get his students a new mini-bus. There is, of course, the great irony that an outrageously-evil villain like Nemesis is being used to get more attention for such a noble venture.

Millar evens brings up his own concern with this endeavor…

“…with that white hood and cut out eye-holes (I've seen the suit) he's going to be mistaken for the first Scottish Ku Klux Klansman and get the crap kicked out of him!”

If you’d like to be part of this wild stunt, you can make a donation through PayPal at this addy… https://www.paypal.c...d=BFABE56N5S8PG . As Mark himself says… if one person donates five dollars here and another donates five dollars there, those fivers quickly pile up into a pretty good sum.

Anyway, thanks to Bleeding Cool for the heads up. Bobby’s promising to put a video of his skydive up after he goes for a flight on August 22, which should make for a hell of a viral clip to make the rounds online. Though,  I wonder if he should be afraid that he’s going to be ambushed, in mid-air, by Mark in a Superior costume.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of HYBRID BASTARDS!  and UNIMAGINABLE. Both are available for order on Amazon here and here.

#1 Posted by ForbushBug (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Great idea to get attention for a good cause.

#2 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

haha its genius

#3 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Millar. 
#4 Posted by Emerald Dragonfly (212 posts) - - Show Bio

It is full crap. His brother would better have a Superman suit.

#5 Posted by JD907 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

This just goes to show that Mark Millar is awesome!
#6 Posted by CiaranStatham (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems more like Millar is getting a member of his own family to blowjob one of his characters, now. I mean, who is Nemesis? Does anyone outside of comics care? He'dve been better off skydiving as Superman or Batman or whatever. Dressing up as some nobody character isn't going to get that much attention to your cause, noble as it is. 
#7 Posted by BKole (497 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no such thing as bad publicity

#8 Posted by cbishop (7110 posts) - - Show Bio

I think skydiving with a cape is a bad idea.

#9 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an awesome idea on many levels.  Have to say I am now impressed.  While I am a bit irked with Millar for a few questionable comments of his, this is indeed a wonderful publicity stunt.  

Having previously worked in the same field as Millar's brother, I know how difficult it is to get the funds for plenty of things.   I hope the plan works and pray people help him out with his cause.
#10 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO @ Mark's concerns xD

#11 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8736 posts) - - Show Bio

this earns Mike Millar a:

#12 Posted by SirSparkington (342 posts) - - Show Bio
" with that white hood and cut out eye-holes (I've seen the suit) he's going to be mistaken for the first Scottish Ku Klux Klansman and get the crap kicked out of him!"

Quote of the day.
#13 Posted by Pizawle (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Millar is insane!

#14 Posted by Dro (941 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop: it could look spectacular, though.
#15 Posted by Blackestnight (640 posts) - - Show Bio

what a picture

#16 Posted by cbishop (7110 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dro said:
" @cbishop: it could look spectacular, though. "

I don't know.  I assume they've worked the details out here, but I'm thinking that a) a parachute will be strapped on his back, over the cape, which is going to hold the cape down, or b) the parachute will be strapped to his back, but under the cape, which could 1) tangle around his body during the freefall, and 2) keep the chute from deploying correctly.  So it's either going to look bad or end bad.  I repeat: I think it's a bad idea.
#17 Posted by Dro (941 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop: But he'd look badass with his cape flying up until he tried to parachute.
#18 Posted by IronSpidy-Rooney (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Is nemesis any good?

#19 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

mark and his brother are doing a good thing to help kids but i have no iea who nemesis is lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.