Follow

Mark Millar

Person » Mark Millar is credited in 1245 issues.

Mark Millar is a comic writer known best for his work on The Authority, and many flagship titles for Marvel, and the hugely successful Civil War storyline. He is currently focusing on creator-owned work.

CLiNT: Mark Millar's New Project

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

No Caption Provided
    What's that, you say? Print periodical's are dying? This looks like a job for Mark Millar! Or, at least that is what I imagine he must have been thinking when he embarked on his new business venture and resolved to publish CLiNT. And no, I do not think it is an accident that CLiNT looks a lot like another of Millar's favorite words. That being said, Millar has officially teamed up with Titan Magazine, a British periodical publisher, to release his very own magazine. British personality Jonathan Ross and stand-up comedian Frankie Boyle will be contributing to the mag as writers, and if that wasn't enough to get you Brits out to your local bookstore to pick up this stuff, Millar plans to include the sequel to the Kick-Ass movie in the first issue of CLiNT. 

"Kick-Ass 2: Balls To The Wall" has been scheduled for production in 2011 for a 2012 cinema release, but fans of the first movie can find out what happens two years in advance by picking up CLiNT...The 100-page magazine will be packed with interviews and features from movies, games and television as well as four serialized comic-strips. The biggest names in entertainment will be featured every month and some will even be sticking around to write sci-fi, humour or horror stories after they’ve been interviewed and quizzed."

Does this sound like a British version of Wizard magazine to anyone? Ironically, this year's July issue of Wizard Magazine will be edited by Millar as a part of their relaunch. I guess he needed to whet his appetite before heading into magazine publishing, right? I have to hand it to him though for opting to publish the sequel to his "hit movie" in the first issue, but hey, you have to bribe people to pick up the issue somehow, right? Hopefully for Millar, it will be so good, it will leave readers wanting more. Enough picking on Millar though, it is rather odd (at least to me) that he has decided to publish a magazine that seems so similar to Wizard when I am sure he knows that Wizard's sales have been on a decline for years. Not just Wizard magazine, either- all print magazines have suffered since people realized they can obtain all of the same information online and don't have to wait for it

In 2009, print magazines lost advertisers, readers, and now, it seems, the Main Branch of the San Francisco Public Library. This year, the branch will spend about $385,000 on periodicals, down nearly $75,000 from the year before. The reason is no surprise: magazine closings, and a switch to online databases.

Who knows? Perhaps CLiNT will overcome the dying magazine industry and come out on top? Anything is possible. CLiNT will be available in the UK on September 2nd, 2010 and be available for subscriptions in the United States.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By InnerVenom123

Is there anything he ISN'T doing?!

The Jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2  Edited By The Jeff
    @InnerVenom123: working on Spider-Man 4 (reboot)?
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @The Jeff: Truth.... OR IS HE!?
    blaakmawf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By blaakmawf
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " Is there anything he ISN'T doing?! "
    Hemp sweaters for household pets.
    Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Go BRITS!! :p

Frankie Boyle is very popular over here. And am sure you've seen Ross on BBC American.
    mrlogical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By mrlogical

Mark Millar is unbearably obnoxious, but I can't decide if that is why I like him or if it's why I hate him.  In general, I think I'll be better off ignoring things that he says and judging his work on its own.

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Golden Cod
    @mrlogical: 

As someone who suffered through art school, I can attest that some of the best minds are the most insufferable ones.   A common phrase I encountered is, "love the art, hate the artist".

I love Millar's work on Ultimates and Old Man Logan but I'm afraid that I'm going to hate his guts if I read his personal musings.
    jamdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By jamdown

I was hopeing for a new series but this will do
    Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Icon

The Kick-Ass 2 stuff alone has me sold. 

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#10  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

When I first saw this, I thought it was about CLINT Barton.... -___-

The Jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11  Edited By The Jeff

Clint is a fool. I will not tolerate his insolence much longer!

iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iloverobots

Mark me down on the Millar's Fanboys Club list. Everything with his name on it I love, no matter what style he's going for. Red Son was an amazing book. Kick-Ass is fresh and I can't wait for the second book. His Ultimates work was great too and although he's sticking with the "immature-funny" for now, I'm down for it. 

I hardly even noticed the image said Clint, I saw the other word way before. Mark Millar has corrupted me.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Sigh. Shock value went out with 80s slasher flicks, Millar. Catch up.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By FoxxFireArt

The placement of the "L" and small "i" does seem more then a coincidence, doesn't it?

The idea of creating a new magazine in this climate is rather bold, but by adding his Kick-Ass sequel to the magazine does give it a selling point. Though, it does seem suspect to think that fans of Kick-Ass are willing to buy a whole magazine for just that.

As you mentioned. It's an odd choice to publish a magazine. Sort of like pushing for more offshore drilling in the midst of a massive oil leak that looks to devastate the coast........ Oh, wait.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Theodore

Hmmm... interesting.

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iSHADOW

millars balls are a ton each and made of brass, you'd think they'd weigh him down. but these far fetched ventures seem to work for him and i dig it.

digitaldokuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By digitaldokuro

Shock value over any substance. Like most of Millar's ideas, the concept is really good, but by calling it CLiNT, he's automatically made it juvenile.  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.

So much freaking potential wasted.
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#18  Edited By No_Name_
    @digitaldokuro said:
    " Shock value over any substance. Like most of Millar's ideas, the concept is really good, but by calling it CLiNT, he's automatically made it juvenile.  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
    So much freaking potential wasted. "
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By goldenkey

What the hell are some of you bitching about.  Don't forget that this is a British magazine and that the word CUNT is half as degrading there as it is here.  It's obviously done as a marketing ploy, and it's selling right just on the fact it's called CUNT with a couple eraser marks in it.  He's done well marketing his material before, and pissing a few of you little CUNTS off is just making him extra cash.  So far he hasn't done anything wrong.  Top selling comics, 2 money generating successful movies with something like 2 or 3 in the future, and now this.  Keep it Mark, what you want is what you're getting.
    iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iSHADOW
    @goldenkey said:
    " What the hell are some of you bitching about.  Don't forget that this is a British magazine and that the word CUNT is half as degrading there as it is here.  It's obviously done as a marketing ploy, and it's selling right just on the fact it's called CUNT with a couple eraser marks in it.  He's done well marketing his material before, and pissing a few of you little CUNTS off is just making him extra cash.  So far he hasn't done anything wrong.  Top selling comics, 2 money generating successful movies with something like 2 or 3 in the future, and now this.  Keep it Mark, what you want is what you're getting. "

brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By brendon277

Like if that Kick Ass 2 does happen i'll see that for sure. But Mark Millar should definitely think about doing an Elektra movie (doesn't have to be a sequel but yeah) but truly sticking to the comics because he made her and she's pretty cool.

brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By brendon277
    @Icon: lol me too. Kick Ass was really good.
    VZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By VZA
    @brendon277: You've got the wrong Miller, dude.  It's Frank Miller that came up with Elektra.
    brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By brendon277
    @VZA: Oh lol my mistake damn miller's
    apwildman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By apwildman

Always nice to see new comics based publishing in the uK. But for goodness sake, that is such a purile attempt at a hidden joke title. If thats the level I think I will give it a miss. Whats next FLiCK?
    Pathetic. No wonder comics get  bad name. This is going to put the medium back years.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.