this question is possibly the dumbest asked about Maria Hill

#1 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

...What race is Maria Hill? I feel really stupid asking this but she's really dark for a white person so is she Italian? She has some Arabian features, is she part Arab? Is she mixed, cause she seems to have some mixed features. Someone explain!!!

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13129 posts) - - Show Bio

shes Latina, i believe.

#3 Edited by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it was ever defined. I assumed she was hispanic prior to the Avengers movie, now it looks like she is white, possibly Canadian

#4 Posted by Captain13 (3327 posts) - - Show Bio

Italian

#5 Edited by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

It's ambiguous. Nobody knows.

#6 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4799 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

It's ambiguous. Nobody knows.

I like that I always thought she was (or should be) hispanic. I mean I can count on one hand how many popular hispanic characters we have in comics. For the moment I hope Maria is dare I say it mix breed. I would like her to be like Spider-man 2099 or Miles Morales. I personally would like if she was half canadian and half puerto rican, or a quarter ethiopian, a quarter spanish, a quarter french, and a quarter whatever. Just because race/ethnicity is kind of stupid, but I don't want to get into that discussion right now.

A character with several backgrounds is more appealing to me.

( + )

#7 Posted by danhimself (22539 posts) - - Show Bio

I was actually going to make a thread about this....I just discovered that a lot of people think that Maria was whitewashed in the film but I honestly thought that she was always white in the comics and that the only place that she was depicted anything other than white was in the Avengers: EMH cartoon

#8 Edited by MideonNViscera (367 posts) - - Show Bio

I just figured she was white. Hill isn't a very exotic name haha

#9 Edited by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda pegged her as White.

#10 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

Who the hell is Maria Hill?

#11 Edited by Vance Astro (91226 posts) - - Show Bio
@herokiller12344 said:

Why come here and ask when you just could have put the name in CV's database and looked it up? Or since this is in her forum you could have just looked at the top of this page or clicked on "character wiki"...

#12 Posted by danhimself (22539 posts) - - Show Bio

@herokiller12344 said:

Why come here and ask when you just could have put the name in CV's database and looked it up? Or since this is in her forum you could have just looked at the top of this page or clicked on "character wiki"...

even easier you could have just scrolled to the top of the thread and clicked on her name

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91226 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@vance_astro said:
@herokiller12344 said:

even easier you could have just scrolled to the top of the thread and clicked on her name

LOL...

#14 Posted by danhimself (22539 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@vance_astro said:
@herokiller12344 said:

LOL...

did you edit that? I swear I didn't even see that when I posted lol

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91226 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

HAHA, yea I edited it.

#16 Posted by danhimself (22539 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

HAHA, yea I edited it.

thank god I thought my mind was going

#17 Posted by Squares (6507 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@danhimself said:

@vance_astro said:
@herokiller12344 said:

LOL...

I know you won't believe me, but I thought this was a contest to find the most stupid question pertaining to Maria Hill.

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91226 posts) - - Show Bio

@herokiller12344 said:

I know you won't believe me, but I thought this was a contest to find the most stupid question pertaining to Maria Hill.

I believe you. You probably should have read the OP though LOL.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.