Clip for 'The Avengers' featuring Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill

Posted by G-Man (31619 posts) - - Show Bio

There hasn't been a lot of focus on Maria Hill appearing in The Avengers. With so many other characters, it's easy to do. In the comics, we've seen her character take on an important role. The question is, how much action will she see in the movie. From the few images we've seen, it's looked like she was only going to be sitting or standing behind a computer terminal.

Last night Cobie Smulders was on Late Show with David Letterman. A clip from the movie was shown and while it doesn't show an extreme amount of action, she is getting away from that computer terminal.

Hopefully she'll get to see some of the big action in the movie. But with all the other characters, it's easy to see how Maria Hill could get lost in the shuffle. Perhaps if we ever see that Nick Fury/SHIELD movie, there'll be a bigger role for her. There's also that old rumor that used to be listed on imdb. Maybe that will happen.

Source: SuperHeroHype

Staff
#1 Posted by Sammo21 (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, hopefully we get the "I don't like supers" Maria Hill. They have done a good job translating her into a character I love to hate in Earth's Mightiest Heroes (best super hero cartoon on TV right now!)

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12668 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't understand anything they were talking about

#3 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really liking Scherbatsky's role in portraying Agent Hill so far! I was definitely skeptical at first of Smulders doing this part but after seeing that portrayal I'm more than convinced now. On a side note...

Anybody caught this yet?

#4 Posted by jaycee (2 posts) - - Show Bio

That.... was a lot of words.

#5 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, by all the talk it seems the Cosmic Cube is unstable and could intentionally implode in the Hellicarrier and Agent Hill is beseeching Fury to provide for adequate safety measures whereas Fury is wanting "Phase II" prototypes (whatever those are) hauled off the carrier. Always an issue when you have an impromptu clip like this not knowing what's being said. Still, I'm psyched for the film.

#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (14642 posts) - - Show Bio

We saw hlaf of the movie before it got out.

#7 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobie Smulders is such an attractive package.

/jealous

#8 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Hill lub !

#9 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4698 posts) - - Show Bio

Letterman sucks.

#10 Posted by BigPromise (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sammo21: young justice is better

#11 Posted by Sammo21 (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigPromise: Agree to disagree. I hate some of the character redesigns. I hate that DC comics/Warner Bros can't get over using Dick Grayson for everything even though he's mostly Tim Drake and I also get aggravated over how it wants to fall into "the lesson of the day is" mentality at times. Avengers has just been doing great stories with familiar characters.

The Joker in young justice is possibly the absolute worst version ever to grace animation. Same goes for many villains. Also, the Superboy relationship is a crutch so they don't have Superman hardly show up ever.

#12 Posted by LordRequiem (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

What a lacklustre portryal of Nick Fury.

#13 Posted by Trodorne (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

KOBE! .... i mean.....COBIE!

But on a serious note. Pass the ball kobe.... pass the ball.

#14 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

they aren't going to make a nick fury movie are they? does anyone really want to see SLJ running around for an hour and a half doing a lame job as Fury? Please NOOOOOOOOO

#15 Posted by mattwing87 (427 posts) - - Show Bio

Kids, it was the summer of 2012 when your Aunt Robin joined the Avengers.

#16 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattwing87 said:

ftw

#17 Posted by red_rover (95 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattwing87 said:

well played.

#18 Posted by HexThis (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, though I usually love Samuel L. Jackson, he doesn't seem quite good at playing Nick Fury. I always thought it was sort of nerdy they acquired his likeness for Ultimate Nick Fury anyways actually.

#19 Posted by The Impersonator (5205 posts) - - Show Bio

Or maybe she'll have a bigger role in the second movie. =P

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24875 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna call it Phase 2 is probably Ultron

#21 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobie Smulders is AWESOME!!!!!!

#22 Posted by DesertHunter24 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

I'm gonna call it Phase 2 is probably Ultron

You mean in The Avengers 2? Yeah, but they'll going to need Hank and his wife!

#23 Posted by Namor1987 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

Speaking of Pym do you guys think will ever see the Negative Zone? I dislike her hairstyle in this movie

#24 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

No matter how in character Joss writes him, Samuel L. Jackson will always be playing Samuel L. Jackson with an eye patch.

I just hope he buggers off so that Maria Hill can step up in the sequel.

#25 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

I do think there might be something to ULTRON being a Phase 2 prototype -

Could they also be the LMD = Life Model Decoys? - like the current Dark Avengers Thor?

#26 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigPromise said:

@Sammo21: young justice is better

yes!!

#27 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattwing87 said:

nice

#28 Posted by Dhor (282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sammo21 said:

@BigPromise: Agree to disagree. I hate some of the character redesigns. I hate that DC comics/Warner Bros can't get over using Dick Grayson for everything even though he's mostly Tim Drake and I also get aggravated over how it wants to fall into "the lesson of the day is" mentality at times. Avengers has just been doing great stories with familiar characters.

The Joker in young justice is possibly the absolute worst version ever to grace animation. Same goes for many villains. Also, the Superboy relationship is a crutch so they don't have Superman hardly show up ever.

and playing cards IN THE AVENGERS MANSION AND WITH SUITS ON is normal for the avengers and FF. really man i like the avengers too but there not even in the same league. I get that the Joker design is not one of the best but the designs on MOST of the characters in the avengers just plain sucks. The only ones that look good are Ant man and Wasp.

i get that YOU like the Avengers better but that doesen`t make it a better series

#29 Posted by Sammo21 (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dhor: Congratulations on discovering everyone has an opinion. I didn't think it needed to be pondered out loud. What I said was my opinion and what you said was your opinion.

Also, self edit your posts....

#30 Posted by Sammo21 (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@jcbart: I doubt you'll see Jackson step down as Fury until his contract is up. Also, as much as I typically dislike Jackson (and would prefer to see 616 Fury, though it seems movie Fury is probably Ultimate Fury in look and 616 Fury in attitude) he seems to not be playing the character as stereotypically as he does all of his other roles. We'll see how he does in Avengers though as it will be the most screen time he's had for a MARVEL movie.

#31 Posted by MrSlayer (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank & Jan in Avengers 2 of GTFO!

#32 Posted by AskaniSon295 (427 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe she can get Ted a date with Black Widow

#33 Posted by SuperDoahBoy (134 posts) - - Show Bio

So I guess I'm the only one that was under the impression that Maria Hill was of Latino descent and was kinda bummed to find out that they cast a Canadian to play her? I get it Cobie Smulders is HOT but she isn't Maria Hill.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.