The Marauders

#1 Posted by Canemacar (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on recent Wizard Interviews it seems the Marauders are going to be returning later this year. It also appears, based on comments made by X-men writer Mike Carey, that the founder and original leader of the Marauders, Gambit, is going to be returning with them.

What do you all think?

-Marauder's return

Post" />http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/003309512.cfm

#2 Posted by The Voidwalker (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay, and is that Random popping out of a machine? Bah, I got my thoughts mixed up, I meant on the 2cd page.
Post Edited:2007-02-07 17:39:21
Post Edited:2007-02-07 17:40:35

#3 Posted by G-Man (32536 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you talking about the first pic? That's Northstar and Aurora. I didn't see Fenris. I also didn't read the entire article. Too many words.

Staff
#4 Posted by Canemacar (66 posts) - - Show Bio

If it helps, the Marauder mention is at the end of the third page.

#5 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

The Voidwalker says:

"Yay, and is that *Random* popping out of a machine? Bah, I got my thoughts mixed up, I meant on the 2cd page.
Post Edited:2007-02-07 17:39:21
Post Edited:2007-02-07 17:40:35"

Yeah, certainly looks like him. I don't know whether to be excited or not. I like the Mauraders that haven't been shown for a while. Scramble, Arclight and Scalphunter were pretty cool.

#6 Posted by Liverwurst (881 posts) - - Show Bio

The Maraudars, what are they going to do, kill the Thunderbolts?

#7 Posted by Coldblood-6 (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Canemacar says:

"that the founder and original leader of the Marauders, Gambit

When did Gambit become the founder and original leader of the Marauders? The Marauders were sent into the tunnels on Mr. Sinister's orders. Gambit was hired as a freelancer to open the tunnels. When the killing started he left.

#8 Posted by Canemacar (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Coldblood-6 says:

"Canemacar says:
When did Gambit become the founder and original leader of the Marauders? The Marauders were sent into the tunnels on Mr. Sinister's orders. Gambit was hired as a freelancer to open the tunnels. When the killing started he left. "

Actually, he assembled the team and lead them down there in exchange for the operation. He turned on them once the killing started and was nearly gutted by Sabertooth for his trouble.

#9 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's great that an X-Man is becoming a villain for once instead of the opposite.

Gambit's probably better/more interresting as a villian anyway.

#10 Posted by G-Man (32536 posts) - - Show Bio

Coldblood-6 says:

"Canemacar says:

When did Gambit become the founder and original leader of the Marauders? The Marauders were sent into the tunnels on Mr. Sinister's orders. Gambit was hired as a freelancer to open the tunnels. When the killing started he left.

"

This is from Gambit's page: "He then traveled the world and lived as a thief. He also befriended the Marauder known as Scalphunter. As Gambit's power grew out of control, it was Scalphunter who directed Gambit to Mr. Sinister for help in controlling his mutant power. Sinister removed some brain tissue in order to reduce Remy's power level. In return, Remy owed Sinister. He had to put together a team of mutants that would become the Marauders. What Remy did not realize was their goal was to be a mutant massacre of the Morlocks, underground living mutants. Remy tried to put a stop to this plan and was almost killed by the mutant Sabretooth, but managed to survive and rescue the Morlock child who would one day become Marrow."

Staff
#11 Posted by Liverwurst (881 posts) - - Show Bio

I think most people either love or hate Gambit, he"s either thought of as just a cool character or a backstabbing jerk.

#12 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't everyone been a Horseman? Even friggin Gazer was a Horseman. GAZER!

#13 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

Why doesn't Pooky choose villains to be horsemen anyway? He'll have a better chance to keep them.

#14 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Are you talking about the first pic? That's Northstar and Aurora. I didn't see Fenris. I also didn't read the entire article. Too many words."

I just noticed this statement, and had to comment -- isn't Swordsman from the T-Bolts one half of Fenris? And his sister is dead, and he used her skin to wrap the grip of the sword, so he could still use their blast powers?

#15 Posted by whagent (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see the mauraders and the x-men face off, but then gambit turns on them both. just so he can kill two birds with one stone.

#16 Posted by whagent (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#17 Posted by whagent (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Gambit is the single greatest X-Men since Woliverine. The fact thatApocolypse choose him to be a horsemen says everything. I hope theykill someone popular. Make a grandreturn.
" />http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s147/greg420_photos/AAXZGambit5.gif"

I agree... except that he is far greater than wolvie ever could be.

#18 Posted by Del D Boy 9 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be much more interesting to see Gambit as a villian. This might be an interesting storyline that they can explore.

#19 Posted by GambitO (980 posts) - - Show Bio

this is very probable because the gain that can have Gambit the one depending would be willing to make it since we already know that the one sacrifices something to obtain some benefit to change

#20 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, for my last post of the evening...

i'm seriously trying to decode that and make it make some sort of sense and relevance to the topic here but i'm failing miserably...

can anyone actually decode that and put it into the right context please?

as for the topic...

loved the article, would actually kick ass if the mauraders came back :)

M

#21 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

The fool has been doing this all night , Yet again with non sense postings

#22 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

GambitO says:

"this is very probable because the gain that can have Gambit the one depending would be willing to make it since we already know that the one sacrifices something to obtain some benefit to change
" />http://pages.infinit.net/haruka/Gallery/Gambit_uxm350.jpg"

If your saying that evil Gambit is cool I'm with ya.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.