inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
      The random book I picked this week was this, The Many Loves of the Amazing-Spider Man, and I expected it to be "blah" at best; however, this was one of those books that really surprised me. This one-shot contains three stories: One involving Black cat, one with Carlie and Gwen, and the last story with Mary Jane.

The Good

Story one was so much fun! Not only that, but is was laugh out loud funny. This wasn't as much about Black Cat as it was about Spider-Man in a hilariously awkward situation and the ridiculousness of magic. The art work was also so much fun and fit the writing so well. Out of all the comics I read this week, I enjoyed this story the most. However, not every story was this great. The second story involving Carlie and Gwen was very interesting and a bit of kiddie fun, with some adult undertones. I enjoyed the art work quite a bit, pulp comics meets Darwyn Cooke is the best way to describe it. For the third story, well...

The Bad

It was hard to finish the third story in this book. It all revolved around Mary Jane Watson being famous and her history with Peter. "Do I call Peter? Do I not? Oh how I miss him, but refuse to say it out loud!" In fact, the only thing I enjoyed about this story was that there was a Lady-Stiltman in it. Otherwise, it was not worth the time.

The Verdict

The first two stories were great, and I received an immense amount of enjoyment reading them. I'd say I kind of recommend this book, but make sure to skip out on the third story, unless you're into a story that starts nowhere and goes nowhere.

Story 1: 5/5

Story 2: 4/5

Story 3: 1.5/5

Overall: 3.5/5

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    I hadn't even noticed this. I'll be picking it up.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

I saw it, but I assumed it would be terrible. Oh well. 

Lady Stiltman is hilariously epic, thanks Joe Kelly! :D

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Martian

I skipped over this one. I might pick it up for the first story though.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By pixelized

I picked this up because it had Black Cat!

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By sora_thekey

Gwen!
    I will be pick this up!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By cattlebattle

lady stiltman FTW
    Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

That is disappointing because I like MJ the best.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By FoxxFireArt

My first impression of this cover. What they hell is wrong with Betty Brant's hips? This looks how I used to draw when I was thirteen and before I really learned anatomy.

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Any one else think Norah's the most interesting lady Pete's met in a long time?
    most others tend to feel like the token love interest to me.

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " My first impression of this cover. What they hell is wrong with Betty Brant's hips? This looks how I used to draw when I was thirteen and before I really learned anatomy. "
    Carlie Cooper :D
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @Gylan Thomas: 
    I know. I was speaking about first impressions before I read the article and just went with what I see on the cover (I probably should of mentioned that). It's just when I think about loves of Peter's life. I think of Betty Brant before I think of Carlie. Gwen is on the cover so I was thinking about the past.
    Mind you, I haven't been reading Spider-man since the whole BND/OMD debacle. I'm just not really interested in the story anymore. I barely even know who Carlie is. Let alone they were involved in any way.
    Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " @Gylan Thomas: 
    I know. I was speaking about first impressions before I read the article and just went with what I see on the cover (I probably should of mentioned that). It's just when I think about loves of Peter's life. I think of Betty Brant before I think of Carlie. Gwen is on the cover so I was thinking about the past.
    Mind you, I haven't been reading Spider-man since the whole BND/OMD debacle. I'm just not really interested in the story anymore. I barely even know who Carlie is. Let alone they were involved in any way. "
    That's fair enough. I'm a big fan though and stuck with it. It's really not been too bad. Some bad momments too of course. Best to keep an open mind.
    Look it this way, I'm a DC fan too and like a lot of their characters. They retcon every frickin' year :(
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @Gylan Thomas: 
    My problem with BND/OMD was that it was one huge middle finger to fans who supported the series for decades in place of "newer readers". It was Joe Quesada's statement that new readers can't relate to a  married super hero. There are two series that deal with that. The Ultimate and Marvel Adventure series. When Quesada made that statement. He was basically saying that the character would never evolve and move on in life. Why not just take him all the way back to high school why they were at it.

Rather then taking this opportunity to do something drastic with Peter's love life. They are just moving him back in a relationship with Mary Jane again. Why should I ever care about this? Quesada has said pretty much that it will never go anywhere.

Spider-man is now a static comic. Which is as good as dead for a story. It's a sitcom. That no matter how the character may change or evolve. They will just put it all back where it started. They almost did the same thing with Iron Man. Despite the changes to him in the past few years. They literally put him back to where he was, conveniently, right before Civil War.
    Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " @Gylan Thomas: 
    My problem with BND/OMD was that it was one huge middle finger to fans who supported the series for decades in place of "newer readers". It was Joe Quesada's statement that new readers can't relate to a  married super hero. There are two series that deal with that. The Ultimate and Marvel Adventure series. When Quesada made that statement. He was basically saying that the character would never evolve and move on in life. Why not just take him all the way back to high school why they were at it.

Rather then taking this opportunity to do something drastic with Peter's love life. They are just moving him back in a relationship with Mary Jane again. Why should I ever care about this? Quesada has said pretty much that it will never go anywhere.

Spider-man is now a static comic. Which is as good as dead for a story. It's a sitcom. That no matter how the character may change or evolve. They will just put it all back where it started. They almost did the same thing with Iron Man. Despite the changes to him in the past few years. They literally put him back to where he was, conveniently, right before Civil War. "
    I totally understand where you're comin' from but it's not the first time some thing like this was tried. There was Ben Riley Spider-man and the time they tried to tell us MJ died.
    Quesada wont be around forever :)
    As for Civil War, it's still one of my favourite stories but nearly every thing that came out of it has been pretty much written out again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.