Blatant plagiarism

#1 Posted by Shatterstar (4553 posts) - - Show Bio

My question is- leave the text for someone to eventually edit or delete it entirely?

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

bloody hell... they even said at the bottom "retrieved from Wiki" lol

delete

M

#3 Posted by G-Man (35089 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I can safely say that I didn't accept that one. It was done back in January. I don't even recognize the culprit. So points gone, text deleted. Someone can re-do it if they want.

Staff Online
#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i can't believe they even left in the [EDIT] boxes and stated at the bottom it was copied from Wiki lol

M

#5 Posted by G-Man (35089 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny thing is I have seen that more recently (thankfully not too often). They even had the foot notes included even though they didn't "go" anywhere.

Staff Online
#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

oh god...

stupidity lol

M

#7 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats sad.

#8 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

bangs head on wall IDIOT!!

#9 Posted by G-Man (35089 posts) - - Show Bio

So nice to see that people are becoming aware how hard it's been maintaining my sanity with some of the subs that come through. Don't get me wrong, obviously we have a lot of great ones that can be found all over. There are just some really scary ones at times.

Staff Online
#10 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"So nice to see that people are becoming aware how hard it's been maintaining my sanity with some of the subs that come through. Don't get me wrong, obviously we have a lot of great ones that can be found all over. There are just some really scary ones at times."

At least you can expect current posts from me. lol

#11 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

It's always funny when they copy paste the footnotes, at least it makes it easier to spot the plagiarism.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.