Manga Stereotypes: Other Side

#1 Posted by Kensu (2 posts) - - Show Bio

sure there are many manga stereotypes,but do people actually misjudge some of them?

#2 Posted by Resonate (14552 posts) - - Show Bio

only the ten year olds

#3 Posted by SilverZeo (2889 posts) - - Show Bio

What about how the Carefree Hero is usually ends up with the strict or bossy girlfriend character who happens to be sweet on the inside. Goku-ChiChi, Yoh-Anna, Naruto-Sakura (I hope not, I hate that Shipping).

#4 Posted by Resonate (14552 posts) - - Show Bio

we have a whole section for main characters lol, the page is under construction, but I'm gonna go with Yoh being one of the dreamers (Shaman King wannabe) and we'll have a separate thing for the bossy chicks xP

#5 Posted by Assimilation (985 posts) - - Show Bio

SilverZeo says:

"What about how the Carefree Hero is usually ends up with the strict or bossy girlfriend character who happens to be sweet on the inside. Goku-ChiChi, Yoh-Anna, Naruto-Sakura (I hope not, I hate that Shipping)."

added

#6 Posted by Resonate (14552 posts) - - Show Bio

man I'm loving this page lol

#7 Posted by Gloom (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

The annoyingly cheerful magical girl.

#8 Posted by Midnight Lantern (5975 posts) - - Show Bio

How about the Steroid induced guy that thinks he's totally cool when he's not.

I.E. Goku, Broly, Akira etc etc.

#9 Posted by Gottheit (3592 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate all Anime and Manga stereotypes.

#10 Posted by Assimilation (985 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnight Lantern says:

"How about the Steroid induced guy that thinks he's totally cool when he's not. I.E. Goku, Broly, Akira etc etc."

Um, I don't think that they are like that.

Usually, the guy who does that is killed in an instant, hence the Pathetic death section

#11 Posted by Assimilation (985 posts) - - Show Bio

Gloom says:

"The annoyingly cheerful magical girl."

Don't worry< I was actually going to add that soon

#12 Posted by Assimilation (985 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"I hate all Anime and Manga stereotypes."

some are well done. A lot of the time, though, it is done horribly.

#13 Posted by Gottheit (3592 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. I'm just tired as hell of cliches. I hate them...so much. I want a character like Lobo or Deadpool in an Anime, or someone that isn't the usual, talk for half and hour thus losing your planned surprise attack, borderline yaoi looking mother f-cker with no fashion sense, y'know? I want Kratos. I want someone who will get sh-t done.

#14 Posted by Assimilation (985 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, that would be awesome

@ gloom: Magical girl is now added

#15 Posted by SilverZeo (2889 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the Fan-Girl characters? The ones who just like the main boy characters because they're a celebrity. Like Amy Rose from Sonic and Misa fro Death Note.

And there is also the Side-Track Syndrome: the Tournament Story line's brother. Where the heroes are set off to meet a goal for the plot but are confronted by a powerful enemy who equals them in power and the hero barely makes it out by using a special attack that they either just learn or is too dangerous to use. This is mostly used in shows like Rave Master and Bleach and is used to slow the plot down.
Post Edited:2008-04-20 03:10:22

#16 Posted by Assimilation (985 posts) - - Show Bio

SilverZeo says:

"What about the Fan-Girl characters? The ones who just like the main boy characters because they're a celebrity. Like Amy Rose from Sonic and Misa fro Death Note. And there is also the Side-Track Syndrome: the Tournament Story line's brother. Where the heroes are set off to meet a goal for the plot but are confronted by a powerful enemy who equals them in power and the hero barely makes it out by using a special attack that they either just learn or is too dangerous to use. This is mostly used in shows like Rave Master and Bleach and is used to slow the plot down.
Post Edited:2008-04-20 03:10:22"

we'll get to that one, no worries, though I hadn't thought of the fangirl character

#17 Posted by No_Name_ (16193 posts) - - Show Bio

How about, it's hard to read backwards!? lol

#18 Posted by Assimilation (985 posts) - - Show Bio

SilverZeo says:

"What about the Fan-Girl characters? The ones who just like the main boy characters because they're a celebrity. Like Amy Rose from Sonic and Misa fro Death Note. And there is also the Side-Track Syndrome: the Tournament Story line's brother. Where the heroes are set off to meet a goal for the plot but are confronted by a powerful enemy who equals them in power and the hero barely makes it out by using a special attack that they either just learn or is too dangerous to use. This is mostly used in shows like Rave Master and Bleach and is used to slow the plot down.
Post Edited:2008-04-20 03:10:22"

Fangirls has now been added

@ Babs: not sure that is a stereotype, since you could make the arguement that that made reading comics to the right a stereotype.

#19 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"only the ten year olds"

LMFAO

#20 Posted by Assimilation (985 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, how is it I can get onto THIS and the Image Gallery but NOT THE OVERVIEW!!!!!!!!

#21 Posted by Resonate (14552 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.