Follow

Mandarin

Character » Mandarin appears in 537 issues.

The Mandarin is the arch enemy of Iron Man. A remarkable genius with both earthly and extraterrestrial technology, the Mandarin is also an exceptional athlete, swordsman, and martial artist.

New 'Iron Man 3' Movie Poster Featuring The Mandarin Revealed

• 95 results
    JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By JamDamage

I keep looking at the picture and it's awsome. I love the terrorist look on him. I don't care if he's Chinese or not. If he does the part well, and I'm sure he will, I'll be happy. Looks evil as hell. I just wonder on the use of his rings.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@lostlantern13: Ben Kingsley is a magnificent actor. I just don't think he fits the role of the Mandarin. There are a plethora of talented Asian actors who can fit the role (including the one you mentioned). Didn't want my post to sound very rude, but I was tired of people responding with stupid comments like "Ben Kingsley is Asian".

I have no doubts that Ben Kingsley wold play the role correctly, but I really hope that Hollywood would stop being black and white when it comes to casting major roles.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By judasnixon
    @OmgOmgWtfWtf: China is paying for half of this film getting made. I can see why Marvel doesn't want the main villain to be a bad 1960's stereotype of a chinese man. You can't piss off the money....
    Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Tony_Shark

This is pretty cool.

It kind of reminds me of Breaking Bad

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By FearTheLiving

I like it. Can't wait for the movie.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@judasnixon: China is not paying for the movie, DMG is. DMG Entertainment is a company in China, not a representation of the government. There are plenty of movies where Chinese people are the villains. Also China passed a foreign movie ban recently, so I don't see what the big deal is. The majority of people in China are not going to see the movie irregardless besides major cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, etc. China didn't go crazy over the Chinese villain in Premium Rush, so I don't think they would have cared if Marvel decided to actually make the Mandarin Chinese.

Avatar image for dementedtheclown
    dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By dementedtheclown

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: Avatar sucked, would've been better with all white kids / director.

Avatar image for dementedtheclown
    dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By dementedtheclown

Looks chinese to me

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Nova`Prime`

So Ben Kingsley Mandarin is a no no but Black Heimdall was okay?

I understand now.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

Here is the Opening Dialog I expect:

Mandarin :" Stark, Prepare to die!..."

Stark : "Okay, When is the last time you bath?"

Avatar image for the_incredible_huck
    The Incredible Huck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I always hoped they would cast Ken Watanabe as the Mandarin, I know he is Japanese not Chinese but he would have looked perfect. While Sir Ben could certainly pass as a Western Asian or Middle Eastern he definitely is not Chinese. From the preview I thought he was speaking with a pretty Chinese accent though. Anyways, at least we all know he is a good actor so it will be interesting to see how they write him. I like his look in poster. He has a very terrorist insurgent meets eccentric military dictator look going on. I am interested.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By JakeN7

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@Xenozoic Shaman: Hollywood thinks it too risky to hire people outside the norm. So instead of taking the risk they just butcher movies because they know they will make money irregardless T.T

You realize that Asians make up 60% of the Earth's population right? Seeing as how they are the majority, I doubt that an Asian would be "out of the norm."

Then again, I'm sure you meant to say this anyways:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@Xenozoic Shaman: Hollywood thinks it too risky to hire non-white people.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By JakeN7

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@Crackdown: last time i checked Mandarin wasn't Indian. So my point still stands.

Seriously? Last time I checked, Chris Hemsworth wasn't Asgardian and Scarlett Johansson wasn't Russian. Don't try and come off as a racial crusader. This isn't about race with you is it? No, this is about skin color. You're thinking "Ben Kingsley isn't the right skin color" or "his eyes aren't the right shape" right? You're the one being racist.

Besides, see what he said:

said:

Mandarin's origin: "His father was a direct descendant of Genghis Khan, and his mother was a British aristocrat."

Sampsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By Sampsman

Am I the only one who's noticed the spelling of "Kingsley" is incorrect in this article, or am I just the only one who cares enough to mention it?

Tinkerbell123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Tinkerbell123

He be rollin'.

mightypug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By mightypug78

looks like there are 10 dog tags and he has 10 rings. maybe they're rings from a 10 man squad he was in or something. who knows.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Ninjablade09

I was exited for the Mandarin in Iron Man 3 but this poster just about made me lose all faith in this movie. I don't know why but for some reason I think this movie wont be as good as the first (my favorite didn't care for 2). Stupid marketing.

Mr_Faraday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Mr_Faraday

Those definately look like Tony's glasses.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@JakeN7 said:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@Crackdown: last time i checked Mandarin wasn't Indian. So my point still stands.

Seriously? Last time I checked, Chris Hemsworth wasn't Asgardian and Scarlett Johansson wasn't Russian. Don't try and come off as a racial crusader. This isn't about race with you is it? No, this is about skin color. You're thinking "Ben Kingsley isn't the right skin color" or "his eyes aren't the right shape" right? You're the one being racist.

Besides, see what he said:

said:

Mandarin's origin: "His father was a direct descendant of Genghis Khan, and his mother was a British aristocrat."

So I'm the one being racist for wanting them to cast a person who more closely resembles the character? Wait, what? I fail to understand what you are saying or the logic behind it. I don't know why you bring Chris Hemsworth or Scarlett Johansson, since I haven't mentioned them anywhere in my comment. I actually don't like Scarlett as Black Widow for your information. Also what the fuck would constitute as an Asgardian to you? Seriously why bring up Asgardians if they aren't a race to begin with. So no I'm not being racist, it's called being racially diverse. You're the one who needs a reality check if you think being racially diverse is being racist. Seriously you're an idiot.

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@Xenozoic Shaman: Hollywood thinks it too risky to hire people outside the norm. So instead of taking the risk they just butcher movies because they know they will make money irregardless T.T

You realize that Asians make up 60% of the Earth's population right? Seeing as how they are the majority, I doubt that an Asian would be "out of the norm."

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

Either you must be mentally challenged or seriously can't read. My comment pertained to American Cinema, not the world's population. Asians are a large demographic within America as well, but play absolutely no major role in American Cinema. Forbidden Kingdom, for example, showcased Jet Li and Jackie Chan in ancient China, but casts a white actor to play the lead. Unless you can give me a reason why that was necessary, my point still stands.

So all in all, you're an idiot for thinking I'm racist. I'm not a racial crusader or pretend to be so. I just stated my opinion that I hated Hollywood's race bending, and that it would have been nice to actually see Mandarin as he was created to be, an evil Chinese genius who fought Iron Man.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By Loki9876

@ma_rc_01 said:

@Xenozoic Shaman said:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

*sigh* I really wished Hollywood would actually hire an ASIAN person to play an ASIAN role. Would it be that difficult for you Hollywood to not race bend shit once in a while? Thank you. Sincerely, an Asian person.

I'm not asian, but I wholeheartedly agree. I like Ben Kingsly and all, but he does not look the part at all. Why does Hollywood insist on changing the appearance of characters for the worst?

I'm sorry but Ben Kingsley looks like every race ever. Did you see Prince of Persia the movie?

Ben Kingsley actually is half asian lol and Mandarin was too his mother was english, his father chinese, Ben is half indian, half English

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#71  Edited By DMC

@Perfect 10 said:

further proof this is going to be a train wreck. will wait for dvd and just laugh and shake my head at the ridiculousness. shades on the mandarin? really??! he looks like an eccentric drug dealer

With the sunglasses he reminds me of Vic "The Brick" Jacobs. I can see him wearing this outfit.

@Crackdown said:

See to me, it looks like he's wearing Tony's glasses, like he is mocking Iron Man.

Now that I can deal with, especially if he has his foot on Iron Man's helmet.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#72  Edited By Meteorite

...Why is some of his hair red?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By JakeN7

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

So I'm the one being racist for wanting them to cast a person who more closely resembles the character? Wait, what? I fail to understand what you are saying or the logic behind it. I don't know why you bring Chris Hemsworth or Scarlett Johansson, since I haven't mentioned them anywhere in my comment. I actually don't like Scarlett as Black Widow for your information. Also what the fuck would constitute as an Asgardian to you? Seriously why bring up Asgardians if they aren't a race to begin with.

My point was that an actor does not necessarily need to share a racial background with the character that they portray. In fact, they rarely do. The Asgardian reference was a joke obviously. It was to show how ridiculous the argument that an actor's race needs to match up with their character's race was (and yes, technically Asgardian would be a race if it existed outside the fictional spectrum.) I also like how you chose to ignore my comment about how Mandarin is half-British (just like Ben Kingsley) and half-Asian (just like Ben Kingsley) because it derails your whole argument.

So no I'm not being racist, it's called being racially diverse. You're the one who needs a reality check if you think being racially diverse is being racist. Seriously you're an idiot.

What does that even mean? How are your comments making you "racially diverse?" Racially diverse is when a group of people come from all different ethnicities and backgrounds. You're not making any sense. Also, name calling? Really? That's mature...

Either you must be mentally challenged or seriously can't read. My comment pertained to American Cinema, not the world's population. Asians are a large demographic within America as well, but play absolutely no major role in American Cinema. Forbidden Kingdom, for example, showcased Jet Li and Jackie Chan in ancient China, but casts a white actor to play the lead. Unless you can give me a reason why that was necessary, my point still stands.

So all in all, you're an idiot for thinking I'm racist. I'm not a racial crusader or pretend to be so. I just stated my opinion that I hated Hollywood's race bending, and that it would have been nice to actually see Mandarin as he was created to be, an evil Chinese genius who fought Iron Man.

Great more name calling and petty insults. You're true colors are starting to show... Anyways, regardless of what your comments were pertaining to, I was merely pointing out that Asians are even more normal than White people.

Kiltro95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By Kiltro95

I hope they give him some kind of connection to the "Ten Rings" group from the first movie, and I'm pretty sure they will, like maybe he was an associate with Stane, or maybe that he has been pulling the strings behind the other 2 movies, I think it would be interesting if they made him this over arching force that has been affecting Tony's life and was picking his time to strike a full attack.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@JakeN7 said:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

So I'm the one being racist for wanting them to cast a person who more closely resembles the character? Wait, what? I fail to understand what you are saying or the logic behind it. I don't know why you bring Chris Hemsworth or Scarlett Johansson, since I haven't mentioned them anywhere in my comment. I actually don't like Scarlett as Black Widow for your information. Also what the fuck would constitute as an Asgardian to you? Seriously why bring up Asgardians if they aren't a race to begin with.

My point was that an actor does not necessarily need to share a racial background with the character that they portray. In fact, they rarely do. The Asgardian reference was a joke obviously. It was to show how ridiculous the argument that an actor's race needs to match up with their character's race was (and yes, technically Asgardian would be a race if it existed outside the fictional spectrum.) I also like how you chose to ignore my comment about how Mandarin is half-British (just like Ben Kingsley) and half-Asian (just like Ben Kingsley) because it derails your whole argument.

So no I'm not being racist, it's called being racially diverse. You're the one who needs a reality check if you think being racially diverse is being racist. Seriously you're an idiot.

What does that even mean? How are your comments making you "racially diverse?" Racially diverse is when a group of people come from all different ethnicities and backgrounds. You're not making any sense. Also, name calling? Really? That's mature...

Great more name calling and petty insults. You're true colors are starting to show... Anyways, regardless of what your comments were pertaining to, I was merely pointing out that Asians are even more normal than White people.

If you read my initial post which most likely you didn't since your stuck on this Asian thing. I will happily repost it for you to read.

*sigh* I really wished Hollywood would actually hire an ASIAN person to play an ASIAN role. Would it be that difficult for you Hollywood to not race bend shit once in a while? Thank you. Sincerely, an Asian person.
    EDIT: When I mean Asian, I mean an Asian who fits the role of the MANDARIN. So please to all you people out there shouting Ben Kingsley is Asian. Think to yourself does he fit the role of the MANDARIN? You might as well say the Last Airbender was racially okay because they had Indian people in it. So please people, think before you respond to me. Because I clearly don't like dealing with stupid people, and if you're not the type to like being called stupid. Don't respond to this post, unless it's meaningful.

Also how is my comment about racial diversity incorrect? So you're telling me Hollywood can't be racially diverse? Or that American itself is not a racially diverse country?

Not trying to come off as rude, but you seriously have not said anything meaningful. You seem to just respond to my comment for no other reason then to correct me on Ben Kingsley's Asian heritage. An issue I already corrected in my initial post hours before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already fear this movie is going to disappoint me, and this pic only reinforces those fears

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By JakeN7

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

If you read my initial post which most likely you didn't since your stuck on this Asian thing. I will happily repost it for you to read.

Also how is my comment about racial diversity incorrect? So you're telling me Hollywood can't be racially diverse? Or that American itself is not a racially diverse country?

Not trying to come off as rude, but you seriously have not said anything meaningful. You seem to just respond to my comment for no other reason then to correct me on Ben Kingsley's Asian heritage. An issue I already corrected in my initial post hours before.

I already read your edited post when I first browsed the comment section. It doesn't change a thing. Yes, I think Ben Kingsley fits the role. Mandarin is half-British and half-Asian (more specifically Chinese and is of Mongolian descent.) Mandarin and Ben Kingsley's backgrounds are not that dissimilar. And even if they were, that shouldn't matter (as I've already stated.)

What!? How did you jump to any of that? I said that your comment made no sense because you said this:

That doesn't make sense. Your comment can't make you racially diverse, that's not what it means. You're misusing the word.

You are coming off as rude because you're relying on petty insults and playground name calling. I could say the same thing about the comments you're making.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf
    @JakeN7: I already read your edited post when I first browsed the comment section. It doesn't change a thing. Yes, I think Ben Kingsley fits the role. Mandarin is half-British and half-Asian (more specifically Chinese and is of Mongolian descent.) Mandarin and Ben Kingsley's backgrounds are not that dissimilar. And even if they were, that shouldn't matter (as I've already stated.)

Then it's a matter of differing opinions. You think Ben Kingsley fits the role, I don't. I'm not here to change your mind. I was merely stating my opinion on the matter. I really don't care to debate over an issue we have no control over. I don't like the role, you do. Let's leave it at that.

What!? How did you jump to any of that? I said that your comment made no sense because you said this:

That doesn't make sense. Your comment can't make you racially diverse, that's not what it means. You're misusing the word.

My comment, as with my whole entire point, was in reference to Hollywood. So I'm saying Hollywood needs to be racially diverse. Whatever other confusion ensued is irrelevant to what I was trying to say.

You are coming off as rude because you're relying on petty insults and playground name calling. I could say the same thing about the comments you're making.

Because calling me a racist is anymore kinder? You mentioned him not having squinty eyes and skin color as the reason why I dislike Ben Kingsley as being the Mandarin. An issue I found myself to be very offensive. My qualm is with Hollywood's casting choices, not Ben Kingsley mixed heritage.

There is no point in continuing this as no new information or points are being made. We have differing opinions and I will leave it at that.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By JakeN7

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: I wouldn't have had any way of knowing that you were referring to Hollywood as being racially diverse because you said "I'm not racist, it's called being racially diverse (which I took as you saying that you were being racially diverse...which obviously doesn't make sense.) Also, I didn't say "squinty" eyes, but that comment was made because I truly thought that's what you were implying. Anyways, i think we've both said what we need to say, and I think you're right, it does just come down to differing opinions on the casting choice (and I will admit that I was opposed to the idea when I first saw the trailer, but have since warmed to the idea after doing some research on both the actor and the character's backgrounds.)

Big_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By Big_Nasty

Something tells me that those rings are for show.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By sethysquare

meh. i rather watch man of steel

kuma_far

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By kuma_far

Hipster Villains.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By comicace3

Is it me or does mandarin look like one of those stoners you see in the street....?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#84  Edited By Veshark

I think it's the relaxed pose that kinda kills this poster for me. And the sunglasses. Those look like something Tony Stark would wear...not Mandarin.

But aside from that, the costume is alright. They're going for a more guerrilla terrorist look than the classic regal Mandarin, and I guess they had to use the military camo to replace the green from the original costume.

As a person of Chinese descent, I can't say that I mind Kingsley playing the Mandarin either.

Also, is the helmet near his feet the Iron Patriot one? Or the Suitcase Armor?

Avatar image for emperormeister734
    Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

I now love The Mandarin even more, He LOOKS REAL EPIC, This poster of him WELL DONE

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98cd905fc97
    deactivated-5a98cd905fc97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JakeN7 said:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

Obviously, "outside the norm" of their typical casting decisions was implied. Thank you for checking to be sure, and not assuming something negative.

It's not the end of the world, but I just don't see him as looking much like the Mandarin that we've seen in comics over the last few decades. Still... If he's not green like Mandarin was in the Iron Man animated series from the '90s, then they're already a lot closer to the source material.

Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
    CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By CrimsonAlchemist

If you ask me he looks like a pimped out dirty santa.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#88  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

Would have been nice if he was asian looking...maybe?

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By MiniPato

@JakeN7 said:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

You realize that Asians make up 60% of the Earth's population right?

And yet somehow Asians are still underrepresented in Hollywood. I don't really care who plays the Mandarin, but don't use that statistic as a way to excuse Asians being underrepresented. Seems like the only time we are represented is when they need someone to play the stupid laundromat lady who can't speak english for comedic purposes, the sexy ninja spy lady, a nerdy asian guy, or the martial arts expert.

Anyways, enough about that. The Mandarin kinda looks like Osama Bin Laden.

OldOldLogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By OldOldLogan

Camo pants? Shades? Really......?????

snakeeyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By snakeeyez

Now, I am fully aware that the Mandarin is half Mongol and half British and that Sir Ben Kingsley represents that to a certain extent. I don''t oppose the choice of Kingsley as the Mandarin since he is a great actor, however I would prefer another actor, especially an actor with more Asian features. Hear me out on this. Every comic book artist from Jim Lee to the crew that did the 90's Iron Man cartoon has made the Mandarin look fully Asian. yeah, he looks like Fu Manchu and every stereotype associated with the yellow peril, but I didn't mind that because he was a prominent Marvel villain who happened to be Asian. This is how I remember the Mandarin and Kingsley does not fit that. Then again, that's my opinion and my problem I guess.

I am Asian and Chinese to be exact. I can totally see OMG's point of view on this issue. When Hollywood had a chance to cast a full Asian actor to play a Asian comic book character they turned the other way. This has been repeated over and over again in Hollywood. In this particular case they have a logical excuse since the Mandarin's background is in fact very similar to Kingsley's. My point is that casting an Asian actor with more distinct Eastern Asian features would still be very loyal to the character. I am pretty sure that most casual fans will assume that the Mandarin is full Asian with distinct Eastern Asian features rather than an Eurasian.

Skin color and other features are in fact important when you try to adapt a character into the big screen. This is why actors with similar features have been cast to play Superman. Christopher Reeves, Brandon Routh, and Henry Cavill have all put on the superman cape because of their features. There was a time when Nicholas Cage was rumored to play Superman and fortunately that did not happen. Studio execs probably realized that Nic Cage looks nothing like the Man of Steel. Can you imagine Cage actually playing Superman? Skin color is also important to a certain extent. There will be an uproar if a black actor was chosen to play Steve Rogers aka Captain America. I can say the same if a white actor was chosen to play Falcon or even Cyborg in a JLA movie. It is because these characters are prominent and have a decent fan base, therefore changing their race would the change essence of that character. Someone mentioned Heimdall from the Thor movie was played by Idris Elba who is a black actor. No one cried foul because Heimdall is not a major character and no one really cares about Heimdall. Nationality isn't as important. Even though the Mandarin is half Chinese Mongol I could care less if a Japanese, Korean, or even a Vietnamese actor played him just as long as he could act and look the part. I recall hearing some controversy when Henry Cavill was selected to play Superman. Some people couldn't get over the fact that Cavill is Australian and that Superman is American when he is not.

Although it's getting better, you have to be of Asian descent to understand and even notice how Hollywood has cheated the Asian community by using non-Asians or even Eurasians to play Asian characters. Even when famous Asian actors from Asia are cast in Hollywood movies they are usually given pretty crappy roles. Does Donnie Yen ring a bell? He is one of the most badass action stars in Asia who happen to speak perfect English yet in Blade 2 he didn't have a speaking role and we didn't even get to see him in action. If you don't know who Donnie Yen is you need to watch SPL, Ip Man, and Flash Point. I think after the Blade experience, Yen has vowed not to appear in any more Hollywood movies. Andy Lau, one of the most famous actors in China has been slated to play a friend of Tony Stark in the upcoming Iron Man movie. I'll bet you his role will be very limited, maybe less than 5 minutes of screen time. Lau even mentioned in past interviews that he would not appear in any Hollywood movies like his peers (Chow Yun Fat, Jet Li, and Jackie Chan) because of the unfair portrayal of Asians in Hollywood. I'm surprise that he accepted this role, but seeing how China has some stake in this film, I'm pretty sure the Chinese government has a hand in this.

ScreamingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ScreamingGhost

Digging the new Mandarin look not nearly as goofy as the comic counter part. Looking forward to this film.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#93  Edited By amazing_webhead

Badass lounging!

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Okay he looks like a total pimp in that shot..."First lesson...heroes...there is no such thing. Second lesson...pimpin' ain't easy!"

Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Enyalios

@snakeeyez:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf:

Wow, all of this is kind of funny. I can understand the concern that a lot of you are throwing out there, I do, but unlike what you say snakeeyez, when Idris Elba was cast to play Heimdall, people did cry foul. You know what the general concensus was? That these people were racist for their complaint. There were some that complained when Sam Jackson was cast as Nick Fury, and again these people were cast as racists. And now a half white half Chinese character has been recast as a half white, half Indian and your complaint is he is not Asian enough?

There is no such thing as reverse racisism, its just racisism. If it was racist for those that complained about Idris Elba being cast as a Norse/Anglo-Saxon God, then it is equally racist for people to complain about Ben Kingsly being cast as a half-Chinese half English supervillan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.