Am i the only one who noticed mandarin in iron-man 1

#1 Posted by bob agent of agency x (207 posts) - - Show Bio

The group of the terrorist that kidnapped Tony was called the "TEN RINGS" because they leader had TEN RINGS. So unless iron monger didn't end up killing him(which im pretty sure he did) Mandarin will make any more Movie time.

#2 Posted by War Killer (19944 posts) - - Show Bio

Kind of late to the party, aren't you?

#3 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

No, you are not the only one. I see you're new here so I'll inform you that there is a search feature for the forums. Any of the Iron Man movie threads probably has a bunch of references to the then rings.
And well.... we're all comic fans. Wouldn't you assume we noticed?

#4 Posted by danhimself (22268 posts) - - Show Bio

that wasn't the Mandarin...his name in the credits of the movie is "Raza"

#5 Posted by War Killer (19944 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"that wasn't the Mandarin...his name in the credits of the movie is "Raza" "
Plus, Mandarin is Chinese
#6 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah...I think this was mentioned about 22 seconds after the movie premiered. I could be off be a couple, though...

#7 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy: 
It was 19 seconds. Gotta love technology.
#8 Posted by Tem Borjigin (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Raza's not The Mandarin. Raza was not Asian, nor did he have any martial arts ability. In the comics, The Mandarin sometimes loans his rings to servants. The movie apparently uses this idea as well. Raza was some minor servant of The Mandarin, who has yet to be revealed. 

Had Raza been The Mandarin, Stark would never have made it out of the cave alive. The Mandarin would have martial arted him to pieces.

#9 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tem Borjigin said:
" Raza's not The Mandarin. Raza was not Asian, nor did he have any martial arts ability. In the comics, The Mandarin sometimes loans his rings to servants. The movie apparently uses this idea as well. Raza was some minor servant of The Mandarin, who has yet to be revealed.   Had Raza been The Mandarin, Stark would never have made it out of the cave alive. The Mandarin would have martial arted him to pieces. "
"Martial Arted"? XD. I like that.
#10 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because Raza isn't the Mandarin at the moment it doesn't mean he can't become him.

#11 Posted by kore (373 posts) - - Show Bio

Mandarin has in the past gave his rings out to his people to wear. The rings are psychically linked to him so he new what his people were up to when not in his presence. 

#12 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
"Kind of late to the party, aren't you? "

he was tardy for the party :O
#13 Posted by TheCannon (17892 posts) - - Show Bio

I noticed it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.