Why did people hate the Man-Thing movie?

#1 Posted by G Bird (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't even know they made a Man-Thing movie but I found it on Amazon.com and ordered it. I watched it last night and I thought it was pretty sweet! I know it didn't follow the comics closely but I still thought it was good. Was it even released in theaters?

#2 Posted by comkid100 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

No it was a TV film on the sci-fi channel.

#3 Edited by cattlebattle (13347 posts) - - Show Bio

It was too much of a B-Movie to be taken seriously, I liked it though.....I always enjoy cheesy movies though

#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

Having just watched the film, I can't really say too many great things about it... Man-Thing himself was hardly shown on screen until the very end, he kept randomly killing people for no reason, and he was portrayed more as a villain than as a hero. There was also that awkward sex scene in the very beginning... :P The main characters (a county sheriff and his love interest, a pretty school teacher) were fine and there were some references to Steve Gerber and the Nexus of All Realities, which I admit I did like... overall, okay movie, interesting, didn't hate it only wished Man-Thing was portrayed more heroicly than he was shown here...

#5 Posted by powerflux (87 posts) - - Show Bio

they pretty much ruined all man thing stood for! they made him evil,kill randomly,changed his origen, never used his iconic powers! should i go on?!

#6 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerflux said:

they pretty much ruined all man thing stood for! they made him evil,kill randomly,changed his origen, never used his iconic powers! should i go on?!

LOL, fan of Man-Thing, I presume? ;)

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13613 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerflux said:

this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.