Is Man-Thing registered

#1 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, for guys like Man-Thing, or Dracula, or Werewolf by Night, how would they register? I mean, what does the process involve, and could a thing without an alter ego really fill out the proper questions? The whole detail about registration puzzles me. Does anyone know of a comic where the process is actually revealed to us?

#2 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Hey, for guys like Man-Thing, or Dracula, or Werewolf by Night, how would they register? I mean, what does the process involve, and could a thing without an alter ego really fill out the proper questions? The whole detail about registration puzzles me. Does anyone know of a comic where the process is actually revealed to us?"

Not really. It is said that you have to register if you have any super-powers.

However, Howard the Duck tried to register but couldn't.

#3 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight's registry is covered in one of his books, as is how he gets past the psych test.

#4 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

I think basically only Daredevil would be able to approach Man-Thing to even start to discuss it, and I don't think either of them would care enough about it.

#5 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Man-Thing basically mindless?

#6 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really an expert on him. I think that would prevent him from registering though.

#7 Posted by Jet jaguar (2346 posts) - - Show Bio

they probably leave him alone and ignore him

#8 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Towards Fesak: Ahh, based on his actions, I think he's just, like, more animalistic, and any meaningful thoughts of his are more of a subconscious amnesiac sort of thing. Any way, it's enough to count as a super-powered being, that for some reason or another needs to register.

Hey! Do super-powered animals need to register? Or only humans, Meta or otherwise?

#9 Posted by Jet jaguar (2346 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Isn't Man-Thing basically mindless?"
I read the man thing essentials,and they always say over and over that he's mindless.
#10 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but from his actions, it's clear he isn't completely mindless.

#11 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"I think basically only Daredevil would be able to approach Man-Thing to even start to discuss it, and I don't think either of them would care enough about it."

Why?

#12 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Man Without Fear, he'd be one of the few guys who could get close. Besides Cyclops.

Actually, I always felt Cyclops should start a non-X related team, and that Man-Thing should be on it...

#13 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

I would read Cyclops & the Man-Thing

runs away

#14 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't you?! Isn't that concept super f-cking awesome?!?! I mean, Hot Damn! But we need more members...who would fit? Just start naming Marvel characters. Oh, and it can't be too much of a sausage fest...

#15 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

...Wow. He's getting his chops busted by Spider-Man in that picture, though. Is he a hero, or a villain?

#17 Posted by ZarkotheFlyingSquidofDoom (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Man-Thing is in no position whatsoever to register. He is only barely sentient, and couldn't care less about the heroes or villains of the world, unless they actually walk up and poke him. I doubt the government cares about him registering either. That would be like registering a tree.

#18 Posted by New Jack (254 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Man-Thing can register...

But his name is hella hilarious.

#19 Posted by Venom=sickest (143 posts) - - Show Bio
ZarkotheFlyingSquidofDoom said:
"Man-Thing is in no position whatsoever to register. He is only barely sentient, and couldn't care less about the heroes or villains of the world, unless they actually walk up and poke him. I doubt the government cares about him registering either. That would be like registering a tree."

pretty much sums it up
#20 Posted by ZarkotheFlyingSquidofDoom (26 posts) - - Show Bio

As for some of the other Marvel Horror characters:

Dracula would not have to register, as he is not an American citizen. I'm not even sure if the government knows of his existence, although even if they do, he's still legally dead...kind of.

Werewolf by Night would have to register. He is an American citizen, and he does have superhuman powers. It doesn't matter if they are supernatural in origin, they're still powers.

Ghost Rider would have to register as well.

Zombie (Simon Garth) is kind of in the same boat as Man-Thing. Also, I think he's dead. (REAL dead, not zombie dead.)

#21 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak said:
"

Gottheit says:

"Hey, for guys like Man-Thing, or Dracula, or Werewolf by Night, how would they register? I mean, what does the process involve, and could a thing without an alter ego really fill out the proper questions? The whole detail about registration puzzles me. Does anyone know of a comic where the process is actually revealed to us?"

Not really. It is said that you have to register if you have any super-powers.

However, Howard the Duck tried to register but couldn't.

"
Do you know what specific issue that happened in? I'd like to read it, sounds interesting.
#22 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak said:
"

I would read Cyclops & the Man-Thing

runs away

"

would you really?
#23 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12586 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZarkotheFlyingSquidofDoom:
i rmember reading that Ghost Rider was an exception
#24 Posted by Paracelsus (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

Whether the SHRA applies to foreign nationals per se or just those living permanently or temporarily on US soil is unclear. I doubt if  Man Thing qualifies as he is arguably no longer a US citizen(although Ted Sallis was). Good luck for anyone who can find far less get Dracula or Werewolf By Night to register- as vampires and werewolves are strictly speaking mythological creatures- ditto for the Hulk( abnybody trying to get HIM to register had best make out his/her will in advance!)

Terry

#25 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7890 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont think he can in any pyhsical way he cant speak or write... and has probly little no no idea whats going on so

#26 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7890 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZarkotheFlyingSquidofDoom:  Simons still alive read Marvel Zombies 4 So isnt Werewolf by Night and Man Thing there working for a company an i think Ghost Rider did register
#27 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

They already know everything there is to know about him so I don't think it's an issue.
#28 Posted by powerflux (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually found out they tried in one issue, but it all turned out to be a corrupt agent's ruse to try and hire his teammates onto the gig

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.