bud_el's Man of Steel review

• bud_el wrote this review on .

Finally, a Superman Film that Gets it Right!!

The Superman "S" is the second most recognizable symbol in the entire world. Only the Cross is more well known. Superman is a giant in human culture. It's only fitting that he have an equally giant movie. That's precisely what this movie is...GIANT. As compared to Chris Nolan's Batman films, The Dark Knight also gets a massive boost by Heath Ledger's Joker. Henry Cavill is not the world's greatest actor, but he is a magnificent Kal El/Clark Kent. He looks, sounds, and feels like the Superman I pictured while reading Earth One and Birthright. The ending is where Cavill shines particularly bright. All in all, this is the best Superhero movie to date. If you like explosions, punches that break the sound barrier, lasers, or identify with a character trying to find his place in the universe, you will LOVE Man of Steel.