Follow

Man of Steel

Movie » Man of Steel released on June 14, 2013.

Reboot of the Superman movie franchise and the beginning of the DC Extended Universe, with Henry Cavill as the man of steel. Directed by Zack Snyder, of 300 and Watchmen fame. Written by David Goyer and Christopher Nolan, director of The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Zack Snyder's Promise

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

Superherohype.com just released this quote from Zack Snyder that has me more pumped for Man of Steel than ever before:

"It's a more serious version of Superman," he says. "It’s not like a heart attack. We took the mythology seriously. We take him as a character seriously. I believe the movie would appeal to anyone. I think that you’re going to see a Superman you’ve never seen before. We approached it as though no other films had been made. He’s the king-daddy. Honestly that’s why I wanted to do it. I’m interested in Superman because he’s the father of all superheroes. He’s this amazing ambassador for all superheroes. What was it about him that cracked the code that made pop culture embrace this other mythology? What we‘ve made as a film not only examines that but is also an amazing adventure story. It’s been an honor to work on. As a comic book fan, Superman is like the Rosetta Stone of all superheroes. I wanted to be sure the movie treated it respectfully."

Can it be June 14, 2013 yet?

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Crom-Cruach

I'll believe it when I see it.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AtPhantom

@Crom-Cruach said:

I don't know what I hate more. That you're such a constant pessimist or that you're so often proven right...

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SandMan_
    @AtPhantom said:

@Crom-Cruach said:

I don't know what I hate more. That you're such a constant pessimist or that you're so often proven right...

hahaha!

Next year here we go!
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@AtPhantom said:

lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.