Follow

Man of Steel

Movie » Man of Steel released on June 14, 2013.

Reboot of the Superman movie franchise and the beginning of the DC Extended Universe, with Henry Cavill as the man of steel. Directed by Zack Snyder, of 300 and Watchmen fame. Written by David Goyer and Christopher Nolan, director of The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Third trailer is out. Thoughts?

eleplant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

eleplant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By eleplant

**POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD**

One thing I reacted to is how they've dropped the whole "crystal" concept of Krypton. The planet looks like a normal, inhabitable planet, the Fortress of Solitude is made of metal...

The creators have said that Krypton will be a planet where all the inhabitants are genetically engineered and bred for a specific roles in society, but that Kal-El will have been naturally conceived. Could this be what Jor-El is talking about, perhaps to the Council, when he mentions a child aspiring towards "something other than what society had intended"?

Lois' monologue about the "guardian angel" sounds a bit like a wrap-up, but it could also be her talking to a colleague at the Daily Planet (or a friend or relative) about a story she's working on, with a series of mysterious recues, but she could also be talking to Superman/Clark Kent about someone else he can relate to...

Jor-El's talk about Superman being an "ideal to strive towards" is obviously something that will be said in the fortress (or on Krypton to the little baby El), no mystery there...

Both of the scenes with Zod (the ones where he's talking) are from Krypton (He's seen detained by people in armor.), the first one when he is arrested (possibly after trying to take or kill the illegally conceived Kal-El), the second one at his sentencing (he is seen cuffed along with others)...

I'm not overly impressed by the music (It's good. But is it amazing?)

These are my thoughts on the trailer. What are yours?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FINALLY. WE WILL SEE A LIVE ACTION DRAGONBALL Z STYLE THROWDOWN WITH A HOLLYWOOD BLOCKBUSTER BUDGET! YES!

xXTrailerGODXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I love Man Of Steel Trailer 3 but this one is probably my favorite. Its a TV Spot, but its awesome. Can't wait to see this movie!!!!!!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

It's ridiculous how unprecedented the idea of Superman having a real fight on screen is.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.