Superhero Movies Man of Steel Ranking

#1 Edited by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio

Where does "Man of Steel" rank among the best superhero movies?

This is mine:

1. The Dark Knight: the greatest

2. Man of Steel: had its flaws, but still very very good. almost unparalleled in terms of action and brought Superman back to life on the big screen, making him relevant to even non-comic book audiences again

3. The Avengers: did the impossible, bringing all those heroes together.

4. The Dark Knight Rises: like Man of Steel, it had its flaws but still lightyears better than most superhero movies

5. Batman Begins: almost as good as TDKR. greatest Batman origin story

6. X2: X-Men United: not as popular as the top 5, but the best x-men movies and one of the earliest movies to start the whole superhero movie craze

7. Iron Man: the beginning of Marvel Phase 1. RDJ is a fantastic Iron Man and it brought Stark into the center of all things Avengers in cinema

8. Spider-Man 2: the best spider-man movie. Doc Ock vs Spider-Man fight scene was amazing

9. X-Men: First Class: great movie but sadly really messed up the continuity with X-Men films

10. Watchmen: Snyder has great visuals and the film is a faithful adaption but seems to be missing something

EDIT: Thor instead of Watchmen

#2 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6333 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not quite as good as The Dark Knight which I consider one of my favorite films of all time, but I like it more than TDKR. Avengers would be lower on my list, I thought it was a bit overrated (or at least it doesn't deserve over $2,000,000,000).

#3 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I would probably rank TDK, Avengers, Iron Man, and Spider-Man 2 over MoS.

#4 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Lower. Much lower for me.

1. Avengers

2. X2: X Men United (would've been #1, but Avengers' accomplishment is unprecedented)

3. TDK

4. Thor

5. Iron Man

6. Batman Begins

7. X-Men: First Class

8. Watchmen

9. Cap: TFA

10. The Amazing Spiderman.

#5 Edited by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

1. The Dark Knight

2. Thor

3. The Punisher

4. Watchmen

5. Man Of Steel

6. X2

7. Avengers

8. *Edit* The Dark Knight Rises

9. Batman Begins

10. Spider Man

#6 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@redlantern23:

lol TDK so good it deserves to be on there twice huh?

#7 Posted by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice to see people's opinions!

I would actually put Thor as 10 instead of Watchmen. I felt it did a great job on Asgard and Loki is still the best villain of Marvel Phase 1. He was amazing in Thor (not as great in Avengers). I did think that it could of added some more (more actual Thor).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.