Follow

Man of Steel

Movie » Man of Steel released on June 14, 2013.

Reboot of the Superman movie franchise and the beginning of the DC Extended Universe, with Henry Cavill as the man of steel. Directed by Zack Snyder, of 300 and Watchmen fame. Written by David Goyer and Christopher Nolan, director of The Dark Knight Trilogy.

New thoughts emerged from a recent screening (no spoilers)

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

Earlier, a screening of the widely anticipated Man of Steel was held for the cast, crew, family, and WB executives. Here are some things that were said anonymously about the now-finished product:

-Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.
    - It's the best movie of the year.
    - There's TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
    - The cape is CG'd most of the time so it can look awesome.
    - They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.
    - It's not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
    - The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place

Of course the WB exec's are gonna say something like it being "the best movie of the year," but they weren't nearly as confident as they were when Green Lantern had its first screenings. If I remember correctly, they asked that all reviews be held until the release date (which is almost never a good sign).

What do you think, CV?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Awesome, that addresses most of my major worries about the film :D

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Aiden Cross

I like the action part. I really want to see Superman cut loose!

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Billy Batson
    Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Veshark

Oh man....I'm so pumped for this movie and I'm looking forward to it, but I still don't want to get my hopes up. There's just so much riding on this movie (not only as the first step to a JL movie but also for me as a Superman fan), that I'm choosing to remain skeptical.

But damn, I can't wait for some major action. And the bit about it not being dour definitely has me optimistic. Superman should be hopeful, yet sincere, but not depressing.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By sethysquare

omg omg omg omg. JUNE COME NOW

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.