MAN OF STEEL Official Teaser trailer

  • 133 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#101 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, why do I keep getting two notifications every time someone quotes me in this thread?

#102 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#103 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:

Also, why do I keep getting two notifications every time someone quotes me in this thread?

You too? Sometimes that happens to me as well...
#104 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: It's a conspiracy to clutter our inboxes.

#105 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@sethysquare said:

Crappy to you= not profitable?

...Point, but let's put it this way: I've seen plenty of people wear Batman T-Shirts. I've seen plenty of people wear Superman T-Shirts, but I've rarely seen anyone wear a T-shirt saying JUSTICE LEAGUE.

Everyone knows what DC's most profitable franchises are, and they already have movies.

Because Superman and Batman are the world's most iconic superheroes with the most iconic symbols.

And since they just did Batman and Superman is the year, if another profitable franchise were to be chosen it should not be Justice League?

I believe Justice League as a franchise is more profitable than say WW, Flash, Teen Titans, JSA or any other superhero/team.

#106 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: We must protect ourselves.
#107 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway, sneaky sneaky. I just found out Dr Emil Hamilton would be in MOS. like, I never knew he was casted, good lord.

#108 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

First time I saw the opening I thought it was an Aquaman trailer lol

YO, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought that!

#109 Posted by Lvenger (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Me too. Hopefully they'll get things right this time. And I figured that would be your response on Green Lantern

@Gambit1024: Nolan would be a welcome assistance on these films given how he's revolutionised Batman. WB would be mad not to offer him future work on the Man of Steel films.

#110 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger: indeed
#111 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hareil0079 said:

@Gambler said:

First time I saw the opening I thought it was an Aquaman trailer lol

YO, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought that!

Right?
Moderator
#112 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6898 posts) - - Show Bio

looks awesome. hope the upcoming DC movies are like this. The tone

#113 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know if I can wait till next Summer -_-

Moderator
#114 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33439 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant. Funking. Wait

#115 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

I dont know if I can wait till next Summer -_-

wow. I love this. I swear wb is torturing us by making us wait another 6 MONTHS

#116 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

If you add in Marlon Brando's voiceover from the Superman Returns teaser, this trailer is even better.

#117 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: 6 months?

#118 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

I dont know if I can wait till next Summer -_-

Ugh, this wait is unfair D':

#119 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudzackvincent: Yeah because MOS was originally slated for a december premiere.

#120 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@cloudzackvincent said:

@sethysquare: 6 months?

An entire year. :(
#121 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@cloudzackvincent said:

@sethysquare: 6 months?

An entire year. :(

I mean it was supposed to be in december but it was pushed to june, so thats additional 6 months. On another note, I found this.

#122 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

Because Superman and Batman are the world's most iconic superheroes with the most iconic symbols.

And since they just did Batman and Superman is the year, if another profitable franchise were to be chosen it should not be Justice League?I believe Justice League as a franchise is more profitable than say WW, Flash, Teen Titans, JSA or any other superhero/team.

I doubt it's even more profitable than Wonder Woman.

But the kicker is, Justice League isn't a franchise. It's a conglomeration of different franchises brought into one, and if it's ever going to be made, it will have to strangle all those franchises into a world view which suits it, just like the Avengers did. Because the Avengers and its precursors are all good, popcorn fun comic book movies, but none of them actually do anything with the characters they show. They're just comic characters directly transcribed to the silver screen with a basic plot and some nifty special effects (and strong acting, of course). They don't try to do anything new, to explore a new side to them, to leave their own stamp, to add to the franchise, because they must conform to the shared universe and actually taking itself seriously and delving into these characters would raise too many questions of the "Why didn't Iron man help the Hulk against Abomination" variety.

The Dark Knight saga adds to Batman. I'm hoping Man of Steel will add to Superman. But if you're gonna do that, you need to devote to a character and think it true, not have them be a stepping stone for a grand reunion. By making a JL movie, you're robbing the stepping stone movies of even the potential of being the next Dark Knight. And I'd rather have one more Dark Knight than a host of mediocre comic book movies.

#123 Posted by yotaman (101 posts) - - Show Bio

comic-con trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuBPTeDSiTM&feature=player_embedded

just AWESOME!

#124 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@sethysquare said:

Because Superman and Batman are the world's most iconic superheroes with the most iconic symbols.

And since they just did Batman and Superman is the year, if another profitable franchise were to be chosen it should not be Justice League?I believe Justice League as a franchise is more profitable than say WW, Flash, Teen Titans, JSA or any other superhero/team.

I doubt it's even more profitable than Wonder Woman.

But the kicker is, Justice League isn't a franchise. It's a conglomeration of different franchises brought into one, and if it's ever going to be made, it will have to strangle all those franchises into a world view which suits it, just like the Avengers did. Because the Avengers and its precursors are all good, popcorn fun comic book movies, but none of them actually do anything with the characters they show. They're just comic characters directly transcribed to the silver screen with a basic plot and some nifty special effects (and strong acting, of course). They don't try to do anything new, to explore a new side to them, to leave their own stamp, to add to the franchise, because they must conform to the shared universe and actually taking itself seriously and delving into these characters would raise too many questions of the "Why didn't Iron man help the Hulk against Abomination" variety.

The Dark Knight saga adds to Batman. I'm hoping Man of Steel will add to Superman. But if you're gonna do that, you need to devote to a character and think it true, not have them be a stepping stone for a grand reunion. By making a JL movie, you're robbing the stepping stone movies of even the potential of being the next Dark Knight. And I'd rather have one more Dark Knight than a host of mediocre comic book movies.

Despite what you personally like or don't like its unfair to call Wonder Woman more profitable than Justice League. JL has 3 books now. one of is is the highest selling non event/crossover title. JL also released 3 DTV titles while WW only released 1.

JL has several games coming up. Batman Lego 2 was sorta a justice league game.

You are letting your personal opinions cloud your judgement. If thats the case, you're probably going to be against it anyways, so theres no point talking about it with you. have a good day.

#125 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Oh come on. Yes, I am clouded by my opinions. That's the entire point of arguing, exchange of opinions. I argumented my opinions, I didn't just throw them out and claimed they're infallible. You don't want to argue, that's fine, just say you don't want to argue, but don't take such cheap ad hominem shots to conceal that you don't want to argue anymore.

#126 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I was expecting the SDCC trailer when I went but I think the teaser was good enough.

It looks quite good, I can't wait to see the movie.

#127 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: Alright, my apologies.

I just think that calling WW franchise more profitable than Justice League franchise sounds way ridiculous. But agree to disagree then.

#128 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@AtPhantom: Alright, my apologies.

I just think that calling WW franchise more profitable than Justice League franchise sounds way ridiculous. But agree to disagree then.

I may have overestimated WW there. Perhaps by profitable, I really meant to say more recognizable. I suppose you can say this can lead to greater profitability, but you're right in that JL has brought more money in so far.

#129 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@sethysquare said:

@AtPhantom: Alright, my apologies.

I just think that calling WW franchise more profitable than Justice League franchise sounds way ridiculous. But agree to disagree then.

I may have overestimated WW there. Perhaps by profitable, I really meant to say more recognizable. I suppose you can say this can lead to greater profitability, but you're right in that JL has brought more money in so far.

Yes, I would say Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are the 3 most iconic superhero. Justice League just happens to have all of them.

#130 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
#131 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33439 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure MoS will have a lot of elements from Superman: Secret Origin and Birthright 

#132 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonny_Anonymous said:
I'm pretty sure MoS will have a lot of elements from Superman: Secret Origin and Birthright 
And All Star
#133 Posted by xXTrailerGODXx (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Trailers Just keep getting better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.