Follow

Man of Steel

Movie » Man of Steel released on June 14, 2013.

Reboot of the Superman movie franchise and the beginning of the DC Extended Universe, with Henry Cavill as the man of steel. Directed by Zack Snyder, of 300 and Watchmen fame. Written by David Goyer and Christopher Nolan, director of The Dark Knight Trilogy.

MAN OF STEEL Official Teaser trailer

• 132 results
    Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Tyrus

@utotheg38: Yeah, but this is pretty much the first trailer with footage shown to us - so obviously were a little excited, first teaser trailers are always going to have excitement whether much footage is shown or not - and there's no need to mention how our "expectations" are too high, because this movie will either be good - or bad and you pretty much just went straight for bad while most of us are looking at the positive side that this film will be good...

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By utotheg38

@Tyrus said:

@utotheg38: Yeah, but this is pretty much the first trailer with footage shown to us - so obviously were a little excited, first teaser trailers are always going to have excitement whether much footage is shown or not - and there's no need to mention how our "expectations" are too high, because this movie will either be good - or bad and you pretty much just went straight for bad while most of us are looking at the positive side that this film will be good...

Actually I prefer you be neutral until you see more than a teaser trailer. That's what I meant and no offense But It's your fault if you Interpreted my comment in a negative way.

I'm neutral and I would expect the sensible person to be as well.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By _Zombie_

It was alright.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

The flying scene at the end...where he breaks the sound barrier multiple times...literally left me breathless (I choked on my soda)

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SandMan_
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @SandMan_: Well, Now my eyes hurt....FROM EPICNESS!!!...and low picture quality...BUT MOSTLY EPICNESS!!
    SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SandMan_
    @The Stegman: Greatness right?
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @SandMan_: tis quite super...man. 

On a related note, I really hope this film can be the start for a series of JL tie ins, it's time, it's time.
    SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SandMan_
    @The Stegman: MOS is supposed to start the DCCU.
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By z3ro180

@SandMan_: Its really going to start te DCCU ?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By sethysquare

@SandMan_ said:

No Caption Provided
    You will give the people an ideal to strive towards.
    They'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun.
    In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
    - Jor-El

And

You're not just anyone. One day you're going to have to make a choice.
    You have to decide what kinda man you wanna grow up to be.
    Whoever that man is, good character or bad, its going to change the world.
    - Pa Kent

Wow. Just wow. I thought this was absolutely brilliant. This is everything I want in a Superman film. These are exactly what I imagined Superman to be. A symbol of hope and truth. Earth's saviour.

I'm holding in my tears.

Also, love the reference from All Star Superman.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By sethysquare

@War Killer said:

Even as a teaser, a tease is still suppose to get people excited, but I saw this last night with my dad and even he said that he didn't know what it was about until that part at the end. He thought it was just some random movie, with nothing to do with Superman or any superhero. So I think as a tease, they could have done a little better to help people figure out "Oh hey! This is a Superman movie!" Though I keep hearing that they showed a different trailer at Comic-Con, so I'm curious as to when they'll release that one. But overall, after seeing TDKR, I'm excited to see what they do with Superman in this new film.

It got me totally excited. They can easily do this Iron man style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMO9_FGeZgU

or Avengers style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89_zqLk7k5A

but at the end of the day, I will be excited about the movie. I'll watch it and I will forget about it.

This one, made me remember why I love Superman. Why after so many years he still remains the front and center of DC universe. After so many years he is still the most iconic Superhero.

This teaser set the tone for the movie and its exactly what I want to see. Something that will inspire and its a film that I know I will go back to the theatres and watch it again and again and again.

If its anything like the trailer, if those words by Jor El and Pa Kent is in the movie, it would be fantastic because this is Superman I want to watch. The only character that is was raised up to good and just against all odds, no matter what comes, even if the whole world betrays him.

He is Kal el.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SandMan_
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#64  Edited By Lvenger

@SandMan_ said:

@The Stegman: MOS is supposed to start the DCCU.

@Z3RO180 said:

@SandMan_: Its really going to start te DCCU ?

Sorry to burst both of your expectations but MOS doesn't start the DCCU. Snyder himself said that the MOS film and the Justice League film would take place in separate universes. He said it here at the UK premiere to Sucker Punch. Skip to 1 minute to see Snyder's response on a Justice League film.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SandMan_
    @Lvenger:
    @Z3RO180: Yes
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#66  Edited By Gambit1024

@Lvenger: At SDCC, someone asked Snyder about the possibility of this Superman connecting with a future JLA. He said: "Superman is the crowned jewel of the DC universe. If we can make his world work here, we'll see."

My thought? Nolan and Snyder had no intention on ever making this movie connect with Justice League when they planned it and filmed it. Then the Avengers came out, and WB said "Crap. We gotta start something fast." Then they told Snyder and Nolan: "Hey guys? I know you already finished your filming and your writing and all that, but if this movie works (and it better), we have to make this the first of the Justice League. Everyone's laughing at us." And that's pretty much where it stands now.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Lvenger

@SandMan_: Just read the link. It is much later than my one so I guess if the film doesn't work (which it WILL, it better) the subtle easter eggs to a wider universe will be appreciated by us fans. If it does work then I'm all for a shared DCCU with an eventual Justice League film

@Gambit1024: Makes sense. And like I sad now, it's good news. Avengers was revolutionary in its scale and method. Even with the success of TDKR, Marvel are still on track for a promising future with their cinematic universe. And now DC have to make their own to catch up with Marvel. At least Nolan will be involved in some degree with the DCCU should it come to that. I'd never thought I'd see the day.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#68  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

After the massive success of The Avengers there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that Man of Steel will set up the DC Movie Universe. What Zack Snyder said over a year ago is irrelevant because there's no way Warner Bros. is passing up the chance to start a Justice League franchise. If Man of Steel is a success it will be the springboard for the Justice League film. If it flops then we'll never see the Justice League movie happen or any other DC heroes for that matter.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SandMan_
    @Gambit1024 said:

@Lvenger: At SDCC, someone asked Snyder about the possibility of this Superman connecting with a future JLA. He said: "Superman is the crowned jewel of the DC universe. If we can make his world work here, we'll see."

My thought? Nolan and Snyder had no intention on ever making this movie connect with Justice League when they planned it and filmed it. Then the Avengers came out, and WB said "Crap. We gotta start something fast." Then they told Snyder and Nolan: "Hey guys? I know you already finished your filming and your writing and all that, but if this movie works (and it better), we have to make this the first of the Justice League. Everyone's laughing at us." And that's pretty much where it stands now.

That's something they should have done long ago. Not wait until the Avengers came. Hell, The Avengers made a lot of money WITHOUT Spider-Man and Wolverine. Can you imagine how much it would have made WITH them?
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Gambit1024

@Lvenger: Oh, I'm not sure if Nolan digs the idea of the JLA at all. He said plain and simply that he's not involved with that project whatsoever. That kind of bums me out because if they take this "realistic" approach and tone that they've been taking with Batman and now Superman and apply it to the rest of the Leaguers, it would be a) different from the "fantastic" Marvel characters, and b) make for a damn interesting world for the DCCU.

@SandMan_: What can I say? In my opinion, WB was too busy with its Harry Potter franchise to even think about their goldmine of DC characters. Now that Potter's all said and done, they have nothing better to focus on, so I guess they're just making up for lost time now. They should feel stupid, because Marvel Studios, a completely tiny and new movie studio, managed to build a damn empire with a character that nobody outside of comics cared about. Flash forward to 2012, and Iron Man is a household name and one of Marvel's most popular characters on (arguably) the most popular superhero team since X-Men was in the 90's and early 2000's.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Lvenger

@SandMan_: It would've been terrible with Spidey and Wolverine on the team. Well to me anyway. These characters are defined by their achievements that are not affiliated with the Avengers. They'd take up the limelight in the same way I fear Superman and Batman will take up the limelight in a Justice League film. Wolverine especially. The X-Men trilogy should have been called the Wolverine trilogy. And I don't like the idea of Wolverine being in the Avengers. I could live with Spider-Man on the team.. Did you know that at one point, the Oscorp building was rumoured to be in the New York skyline during the Chitauri attack?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By SandMan_
    @Lvenger: Yes Oscorp was supposed to be in The Avengers.But the designer didn't have it when the movie was done.
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By sethysquare

I think sometimes Christopher Nolans always try to trick us into believing things like in the dark knight rises

He kept denying Talia Al Ghul is appearing in the movie but she did.

Likewise I would not be surprised if this leads into a Justice League movie. Just look at the amount of games, merchandise, amusement ride they're doing for Justice League. But either ways, Man of Steel trilogy is good enough for me. Once in a lifetime, if you can have a trilogy as good as dark knight trilogy for Superman, its enough.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Lvenger

@Gambit1024: Will he just be involved in the Man of Steel films should this film prove a hit? That sucks. A realistic (as far as comic book movies go) would be an interesting take on the DCCU. But haven't the Marvel films turned Thor and the Asgardians from their fantasy mythology roots to a more sci fi approach?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Lvenger

@sethysquare said:

I think sometimes Christopher Nolans always try to trick us into believing things like in the dark knight rises

Likewise I would not be surprised if this leads into a Justice League movie. Just look at the amount of games, merchandise, amusement ride they're doing for Justice League. But either ways, Man of Steel trilogy is good enough for me. Once in a lifetime, if you can have a trilogy as good as dark knight trilogy for Superman, its enough.

Oh for crying out loud. Another TDKR secret which I can't look at yet. Bane already posted one in another thread which I accidently clicked on. I've tried to forget it. Anyway a really good Superman trilogy would be perfect for Superman. He's had two good films but the others should be forgotten. Definitely Superman 3 and the Quest for Peace movie. Superman Returns was OK but by no means good.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By sethysquare

@Lvenger said:

@Gambit1024: Will he just be involved in the Man of Steel films should this film prove a hit? That sucks. A realistic (as far as comic book movies go) would be an interesting take on the DCCU. But haven't the Marvel films turned Thor and the Asgardians from their fantasy mythology roots to a more sci fi approach?

Yeah, I would love to see a realistic take on Flash, Wonder Woman and even Green Lantern. I imagine, Green Lantern could be really interesting if its done the prometheus way.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Lvenger

@sethysquare said:

@Lvenger said:

Yeah, I would love to see a realistic take on Flash, Wonder Woman and even Green Lantern. I imagine, Green Lantern could be really interesting if its done the prometheus way.

Oh the previous Green Lantern film wasn't realistic enough for you? :P

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Gambit1024

@Lvenger: I don't see why he wouldn't be involved with the Superman franchise, so long as MOS is a hit. According to Snyder, the whole thing was his idea from the start. How that'll effect a JLA movie is beyond me, though. Marvel's approach with Thor was... odd. In the solo movie, Thor was all mystical, but come the Avengers, the dude's more of an alien than anything. Then, with the rumors that the whole sequel will be set in Asgard or the "Dark World" has me thinking that they'll go back to fantasy again. Not that I'm giving Marvel a hard time, Thor's a character that I'm still surprised that they made work.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By sethysquare

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare said:

Oh for crying out loud. Another TDKR secret which I can't look at yet. Bane already posted one in another thread which I accidently clicked on. I've tried to forget it. Anyway a really good Superman trilogy would be perfect for Superman. He's had two good films but the others should be forgotten. Definitely Superman 3 and the Quest for Peace movie. Superman Returns was OK but by no means good.

LOL. Don't worry, you'll get your chance. Try not to spoil anything for yourself, it'll reward you so much better.

Yes Superman had a few good films in the past. But it never looked as aspiring as the trailer we have been shown. I have so much hope for the movie right now. If we can get 3 solid films, done as well as Dark Knight trilogy, I'll be satisfied. Marvel can go on and keep producing ten thousand fun superhero movies, but like Nolans said, the Dark knight trilogy will outlive us all. Thats what I hope for the Superman movie as well.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By SandMan_
    @Gambit1024: That's what happens when you get Lazy. They have no one to blame but themselves.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Gambit1024

@sethysquare said:

Now you're talking! What they can do with Oa and the Guardians would be mind-blowing. Even the Speed Force would be interesting as hell to watch if they took it in the serious direction. Wonder Woman would also be the kick-ass warrior that she's supposed to be.

Of all the JLA members, though, the ones who would be the most interesting to see in this direction would be Aquaman and the Martian Manhunter. Just imagine the things they can do with Atlantis and Mars.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Gambit1024

@SandMan_ said:

@Gambit1024: That's what happens when you get Lazy. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Ain't that the truth :P

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SandMan_
    @Gambit1024 said:

@SandMan_ said:

Ain't that the truth :P

They should have the DCCU a long time ago...And they should have never done Superman Returns.
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Lvenger

@Gambit1024: Well once Nolan had finished with Batman, Superman does seem like the next best place to go. And I agree the flipping back and forth between fantasy and sci fi with Thor is kind of weird. But it works. I only got into the character due to JMS' run and I'm glad they made Thor work. I'm betting the Dark World villains will be either Hela or Surtur. Maybe Enchantress and Executioner as side villains?

@sethysquare: Believe me I'm trying. But I tend to wait till the initial crowds die down before watching a film I like. So this waiting will make me grrrr (that's very angry btw lol) And the trailer does look hopeful to give a new spin on Superman that modern audiences will appreciate and love.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Gambit1024

@SandMan_: They had their chance during that time. Joss Whedon was all ready for doing a Wonder Woman movie, and Flash and Green Lanterns were on the back-burners at the time. Why they didn't do anything about it then was stupid to me. Returns was garbage. Singer's heart was in the right place, but trying to continue a franchise that died decades ago was a stupid idea from the get-go.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Gambit1024

@Lvenger: Hopefully you're right. If it was Nolan's idea, he should be the one who sees it all the way through.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SandMan_
    @Gambit1024: Of course. The should have rebooted Superman then. have Flash and Wonder Woman come out in movies.
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By sethysquare

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare said:

@Lvenger said:

Oh the previous Green Lantern film wasn't realistic enough for you? :P

LOL. I love the previous GL film, but it was done in a marvel style and not very well done.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By sethysquare

@Gambit1024 said:

@sethysquare said:

Now you're talking! What they can do with Oa and the Guardians would be mind-blowing. Even the Speed Force would be interesting as hell to watch if they took it in the serious direction. Wonder Woman would also be the kick-ass warrior that she's supposed to be.

Of all the JLA members, though, the ones who would be the most interesting to see in this direction would be Aquaman and the Martian Manhunter. Just imagine the things they can do with Atlantis and Mars.

Yes exactly. But really after seeing the trailer for Man of Steel, I'm so satisfied I don't even need a Justice League film. I know it will be enough.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SandMan_

Can't wait for the Comic-Con trailer in HD.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By AtPhantom

@SandMan_ said:

@Z3RO180: Yes

Oh for crying out loud...

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By SandMan_
    @AtPhantom: ''The Avengers just made a Billion Dollars! We need to make a Justice league movie. Something we should have done years ago!''
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By AtPhantom

@SandMan_ said:

@AtPhantom: ''The Avengers just made a Billion Dollars! We need to make a Justice league movie. Something we should have done years ago!''

I've said it before and I'll say it again. "Because Marvel did it" is a horrible reason to make movies.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#94  Edited By Mercy_

@AtPhantom said:

@SandMan_ said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. "Because Marvel did it" is a horrible reason to make movies.

Especially when Marvel makes far superior (live action) movies, discounting Nolan's films.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By SandMan_
    @AtPhantom: Pretty much, but don't take it out on MOS. This movie wasn't supposed to be related to Justice league.
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By sethysquare

@AtPhantom said:

@SandMan_ said:

How about because Justice League is our most profitable franchise right now with great sales on books, merchandise and etc.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By AtPhantom

@Mercy_ said:

Especially when Marvel makes far superior (live action) movies, discounting Nolan's films.

That's not what I really had in mind, but yeah. Green Lantern was basically and attempt to make a Marvel movie and, well...

@SandMan_ said:

@AtPhantom: Pretty much, but don't take it out on MOS. This movie wasn't supposed to be related to Justice league.

Nah, I don't have a problem with MoS at all. It's not the fact that it might start the whole thing, it's that they're doing it at all.

@sethysquare said:

How about because Justice League is our most profitable franchise right now with great sales on books, merchandise and etc.

I'd be really surprised if that were actually true, especially considering how crappy Johns' writing has been.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By sethysquare

@AtPhantom said:

@Mercy_ said:

That's not what I really had in mind, but yeah. Green Lantern was basically and attempt to make a Marvel movie and, well...

@SandMan_ said:

Nah, I don't have a problem with MoS at all. It's not the fact that it might start the whole thing, it's that they're doing it at all.

@sethysquare said:

I'd be really surprised if that were actually true, especially considering how crappy Johns' writing has been.

Crappy to you= not profitable?

Avatar image for supersoldier1941
    SuperSoldier1941

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By SuperSoldier1941

It seems to be a very dark take on the superman mythos. It's something I'm going to be looking forward to. :)

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By AtPhantom

@sethysquare said:

Crappy to you= not profitable?

...Point, but let's put it this way: I've seen plenty of people wear Batman T-Shirts. I've seen plenty of people wear Superman T-Shirts, but I've rarely seen anyone wear a T-shirt saying JUSTICE LEAGUE.

Everyone knows what DC's most profitable franchises are, and they already have movies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.