Follow

Man of Steel

Movie » Man of Steel released on June 14, 2013.

Reboot of the Superman movie franchise and the beginning of the DC Extended Universe, with Henry Cavill as the man of steel. Directed by Zack Snyder, of 300 and Watchmen fame. Written by David Goyer and Christopher Nolan, director of The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Laurence Fishburne is the New Perry White in Man of Steel

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#351  Edited By dernman
    @Illuminatus: Let's compare  Although both Human Black people are of a different race then white people right?
    Well Kryptonian is a different race then Human.  

When you do Superman you use special effects to make me believe the actor is Superman.
    How are you going to make me believe Fishburn is a white guy without getting tared and feathered.
    SurelockeHomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#352  Edited By SurelockeHomes

I thought we were all the human race?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By dernman
    @CurbsideProphet: How is that going to a great length. You think they are not going to create more characters then what is already in the supporting caste? 
    Being to lazy and  unimaginative as to change the race of a character that has already been created then make one of the new characters black  is a hell of a lot more racist to me.
    Avatar image for curbsideprophet
    CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By CurbsideProphet
    @Dernman

Hey, I'm just quoting for truth. Ask Surelocke what he meant by great length. But he pretty much summed up my thoughts when he said 

@SurelockeHomes said:

*Gasp!* SCENARIO!!!!

Say we didn't know that they were going to get a black man to play Perry. We didn't know who they were picking. They didn't tell us who they were casting, what ethnicity or anything he was or anything. Then, all of a sudden, they say "We're not having Perry in this movie. We're making a new editor(again, White, Asian, Latino, or Black, we do not know) for this movie." I imagine we'd be having a rage over them taking Perry out and replacing him with another news editor. I don't know about everyone else here, but I'd be more upset about them taking Perry out than them casting Lawrence as him and speculating that it's only "to cater to black audiences."

I'm not posting this as a question, because I know that us having the knowledge that we do of Perry and his being portrayed by Lawrence, we can not answer objectively.

Besides, I don't think saying "Hey Blacks! We made the editor from Superman Black like you" would attract very many black people. Maybe if they said "Hey, we're making Superman black, like you," they would get a reaction. But I doubt blacks would see that as incentive enough to go see a Superman movie if they weren't going to see it in the first place.
    Plus, it seems more racist to me to sya "We don't want you playing him because you're black, so we'll make you a new character to play, even though you auditioned for Perry." Maybe Lawrence is a big fan of Perry and really wants to play him. And again, we don't know why they picked him, so we can't really say "it's just to attract blacks." I think someone way early in the thread said something along the lines of "thinking blacks will flock to the movie just because they see a black man being Perry. Isn't that a bit racist?" Surelocke Homes also presents valid points with his   "Besides, I don't think saying "Hey Blacks! We made the editor from Superman Black like you" would attract very many black people. Maybe if they said "Hey, we're making Superman black, like you," they would get a reaction. But I doubt blacks would see that as incentive enough to go see a Superman movie if they weren't going to see it in the first place."
    SurelockeHomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By SurelockeHomes
    @Dernman: Hey, who says just because they didn't create a new character for the black guy to play is unimaginative or uncreative? And your point about it being more racist doesn't really make sense to me. They're racist if they don't make a new character for him to play because he's black and we don't want a black perry? I don't know, but that sounds pretty racist.
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356  Edited By dernman
    @CurbsideProphet: Tell me something what is racist about casting towards the description. If Fishburn can act so great he makes us believe hes a  white guy like Perry white just happens to be then go ahead and cast him but if you change the race as he is described from one race to another.That is racist
    CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By CurbsideProphet

@Dernman

If he can act so great and do perry justice, we shouldn't care that he's black. I think there's a problem if one says "he did everything right, except I just can't get over the fact that they made perry black. If he wasn't black, it'd be alright." We got a black guy to do Heimdall and I didn't see anyone complaining, because he did great. Some even praised him as their favorite character/part of the movie.

And it's not about making us believe he can act like a white guy, it's about making us believe he can act like Perry. Some of us are losing the whole merit of the character all because he doesn't look exactly like the comic counterpart.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358  Edited By dernman
    @Dernman: Hey, who says just because they didn't create a new character for the black guy to play is unimaginative or uncreative?   
    I never said that. What I was trying to point out was them changing a character from what he is the sake of diversity lazy unimaginative and uncreative. 
    When all they have to do create a character and be imaginative and creative. 

One of Perry's  characteristics is being white. Unless Fishburn can makes me  believe he is white then he is a poor choice. If  Perry's characteristics was black I wouldn't want a white actor to play him. 

This is my last response I leaving dont expect me to respond back or read yours I have  wasted to much time (hours)here already the only arguments im getting right now are repeats of ignorant/racist statements thrown at me trying to change my stance from it is to what your trying to make it.

You prejudged me and what I wrote before even giving me a chance.  If you had given what i wrote a chance even if you disagreed with me you would see I havn't taken a racist stand. I hope one day you wake up.
    SurelockeHomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By SurelockeHomes
    @Dernman: Who says they're changing him just to be diverse? Plus, like I said, I'm pretty sure we'd be angry if we knew nothing that we knew now and they gave us another editor. Again, this is for rhetorical purposes only, because I know that us having the knowledge that we do of Perry and his being portrayed by Lawrence, we can not answer objectively

Yes, it's a characteristic of him, but it doesn't really matter in the big scheme of Perry White as a character. He can't make you believe he's white, because he's not. Like my co-pro-Fishburne guy says, "If he can act so great and do perry justice, we shouldn't care that he's black. I think there's a problem if one says "he did everything right, except I just can't get over the fact that they made perry black. If he wasn't black, it'd be alright." We got a black guy to do Heimdall and I didn't see anyone complaining, because he did great. Some even praised him as their favorite character/part of the movie." (We're a really good team our arguments complimenting each other.

I never called you racist. I called the idea that a black man is unfit to play perry because he's black racist. I myself feel the exact same way about your comments(repeats of ignorance/defending racist, maybe unknowingly). You don't have to respond of even read it, because honestly, it wouldn't mean anything to me either.

I was unaware that I was typing all of this in my sleep. I'm a pretty darn smart guy if I can do all of this in my sleep.
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#360  Edited By Green Skin

Seriously who cares.  They ALWAYS tweak things and reimagine small details in the movies.  This is nothing new, they do it in EVERY comic book movie.  Perry White's race is a small detail, who cares if they change it. He's a minor character, changing his race will not affect the story even a little..  If you can't get past it you're either racist, or a really big nerd. Try to deny it, or get pissed if you want to, that's cool with me, but it's true.   It's not like someone is going to watch the movie and afterwards go "Hey that movie would have been great, but Perry was black.  It just ruined the whole thing."

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

#361  Edited By The Mast

Let's make something clear, ok?

Denying a non-white person a role that they are perfectly capable of playing, in favour of a white actor, is not cool. With that said, why is everyone freaking out over Caligula's comment? I don't care that Perry White is black, I care about portrayal. It's not like they picked a white man to play Black Panther.

The two sides are overreacting. Yes, it's stupid to rage over a black man playing a white character if there's no reason to. No, it's not racist to wonder why they couldn't simply have found a white man. It's a curiosity. Why freak out?

I'm wondering why they couldn't have found a Russian or woman capable of speaking Russian to play Black Widow. Am I anti-American? I wondered the same of Idris Elba as Heimdall, but he was good in Thor.

It's not a racist curiosity, it's a genuine one. Diversity for diversity's sake is stupid. Fishburne will do great, probably. Could they have found a white man who's just as good? Almost definitely. Should they have cast him instead, for accuracy? Some say yes, some say no, but neither are RACIST arguments.

Get over it.

-The Mast

Avatar image for do_i_have_to_give_a_name_
    Do I have to give a name?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Mast said:
    Let's make something clear, ok?  Denying a non-white person a role that they are perfectly capable of playing, in favour of a white actor, is not cool. With that said, why is everyone freaking out over Caligula's comment? I don't care that Perry White is black, I care about portrayal. It's not like they picked a white man to play Black Panther.  The two sides are overreacting. Yes, it's stupid to rage over a black man playing a white character if there's no reason to. No, it's not racist to wonder why they couldn't simply have found a white man. It's a curiosity. Why freak out?  I'm wondering why they couldn't have found a Russian or woman capable of speaking Russian to play Black Widow. Am I anti-American? I wondered the same of Idris Elba as Heimdall, but he was good in Thor.  It's not a racist curiosity, it's a genuine one. Diversity for diversity's sake is stupid. Fishburne will do great, probably. Could they have found a white man who's just as good? Almost definitely. Should they have cast him instead, for accuracy? Some say yes, some say no, but neither are RACIST arguments.  Get over it.  -The Mast  
    Generally when they change a characters colour I find it bemusing but inconsequential, as it rarely has any affect on the story. Heimdall would have been the same, until you consider his white sister.
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#363  Edited By The Mast
    @Do I have to give a name? said:
    @The Mast said:
    Let's make something clear, ok?  Denying a non-white person a role that they are perfectly capable of playing, in favour of a white actor, is not cool. With that said, why is everyone freaking out over Caligula's comment? I don't care that Perry White is black, I care about portrayal. It's not like they picked a white man to play Black Panther.  The two sides are overreacting. Yes, it's stupid to rage over a black man playing a white character if there's no reason to. No, it's not racist to wonder why they couldn't simply have found a white man. It's a curiosity. Why freak out?  I'm wondering why they couldn't have found a Russian or woman capable of speaking Russian to play Black Widow. Am I anti-American? I wondered the same of Idris Elba as Heimdall, but he was good in Thor.  It's not a racist curiosity, it's a genuine one. Diversity for diversity's sake is stupid. Fishburne will do great, probably. Could they have found a white man who's just as good? Almost definitely. Should they have cast him instead, for accuracy? Some say yes, some say no, but neither are RACIST arguments.  Get over it.  -The Mast  
    Generally when they change a characters colour I find it bemusing but inconsequential, as it rarely has any affect on the story. Heimdall would have been the same, until you consider his white sister.
    Heimdall is also known as the White God, I believe. Something like that. That's a bit more of a problem, but Idris was still good in the role.

Casting choices like Michael Clarke Duncan as The Kingpin or Laurence Fishburne as Perry White? These don't matter as much because The Kingpin could easily have been a black man, so could Perry White. Black Panther is a black, African superhero. He cannot be white, at all. The others? Not so much.

-The Mast
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#364  Edited By Mercy_
    @The Mast
    Let's make something clear, ok?

Denying a non-white person a role that they are perfectly capable of playing, in favour of a white actor, is not cool. With that said, why is everyone freaking out over Caligula's comment? I don't care that Perry White is black, I care about portrayal. It's not like they picked a white man to play Black Panther.

The two sides are overreacting. Yes, it's stupid to rage over a black man playing a white character if there's no reason to. No, it's not racist to wonder why they couldn't simply have found a white man. It's a curiosity. Why freak out?

I'm wondering why they couldn't have found a Russian or woman capable of speaking Russian to play Black Widow. Am I anti-American? I wondered the same of Idris Elba as Heimdall, but he was good in Thor.

It's not a racist curiosity, it's a genuine one. Diversity for diversity's sake is stupid. Fishburne will do great, probably. Could they have found a white man who's just as good? Almost definitely. Should they have cast him instead, for accuracy? Some say yes, some say no, but neither are RACIST arguments.

Get over it.

-The Mast
    Well put.
    Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @CurbsideProphet said:

@SurelockeHomes said:

@Dernman: I just don't think we should be going to such great lengths to have a black man not be Perry. Isn't that, you know, a little racist?

Quoted For Truth

Quoted for someone who quotes their opion as the truth.Sorry you can have your own opion an thats fine. You dont get to say this is ture.When asking some one what they think its their opion.It doent make fact.
    moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#366  Edited By moviegeek17

had some time to think about this one and i can actually picture him in this part, he's a really good actor and his acting style would seem  to suit the character (from what i've seen of him). Definitely looking forward to the first trailer of this film

Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @SurelockeHomes said:

@Dernman: I just don't think we should be going to such great lengths to have a black man not be Perry. Isn't that, you know, a little racist?

For some one who was talking about logic earlyer in the thread Now your resorting to name calling.An by your own rules that loses the argument to .But ill play along . 

For a character whoes been white for 70 years apeared in something like 1441 issues .Whoes back story involes him being poor white an growing up with lex luthor who has a kid with perrys wife even an later on  http://www.comicvine.com/perry-white/29-1809/

"Jerry White died from a gunshot, Perry left the Daily Planet for a period of time. Later on, Perry and Alice adopt an African-American child named Keith Robert, who later changed his name to Keith Robert White" So ya a race change does afect the back story of this character. As well as lex luthor.An destroying the significance of him adopting a African-American child .

So your saying its racist to want a comics source material honored.Your welcome to your opion .Its not a fact.An imho doenst look logical just a emotianl knee jerk to the left.Who are you to determine this characters race or that characters race does an doesnt matter?Doesnt that seem like objectivist rascism?

But let us agree to disagree. I plan on enjoying my day.Not mad  about the pointless change .more upset about how some sling racist around so carefree.Maybe some of you who sling racist around should go here http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=43507  an see how ugly makeing it about race can get.

None of this will matter odds are in the nuDCu52 sceddo final crisis infanite zero thingy thier doing, i would bet their gona change perry white race their.From this point on i may just copy an past this .After all Warner Brothers cares nothing for their characters history.
    vprvnmsrt10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#368  Edited By vprvnmsrt10

I love Lawrence Fishburne. He is really an awesome actor. He is the main reason I love the Matrix Trilogy so much. I am going to call it and say he is going to steal the show in this role.

Batmanclone152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369  Edited By Batmanclone152
    @Marshal Victory said:
    @Batmanclone152 said:

@Marshal Victory said:

@Caligula said:

@cascadeking09 said:

In case I'm not being clear enough changing a character's race is WRONG if the change is only to add another character of a certain race, but there isn't anything wrong with casting the right actor for the right role. Perry's character doesn't revolve around being a caucasian american. His role is editor and chief of the daily planet, he's not even the most important character in the movie so I don't see any reason for his race being brought up at all.

what's wrong with wanting a character to resemble the comic version?

Funny forced diversity causes problems .If people just let things be we would have diversity naturaly.

ROFLMAO!!! did you just seriously use a "if we just don't talk about
    it.... or do anything about it..... it will just go away" argument? Im
    sorry that is one of the most hilarious things I have seen all day. How
    can you set there and seriously believe something like that? 

I guess if we just allowed people to commit crimes, or women to be raped with no consequences, that all would eventually stop too right?

And I loooooooove the "Oh my God!! they changed an unimportant SIDE character in a white superhero film! Then they should change the MAIN character in a Black Superhero Film!" argument. Because changing an unimportant side character is just the same as changing around a main character and people who may have a problem with that are just the same. 

That argument does not correlate at all what so ever.

Never mind the fact that there are 257billion white characters over here and only two black characters over there. I wonder who has more right to be angry? The people who don't like one of the 257billion white(side character at that) changed, or the people who don't like one of only two black MAIN characters being changed around? hmmmmm......

Nope i didnt.In time nature will balance things out.Caucasians will be a minority an already are in some places. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/03/30/national/main282687.shtml for example. an as a whole here http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/10/national/main6284387.shtml um your kinda writing things in an then going nuttty over things your implying your self.Diversity will happen it doenst  need to be forced.People will mix its simple.Honestly dont know many who arent of mixed background.. 

An the whole you love the "they changed an unimportant SIDE character in a white superhero film" Well that character has years of history.Incuding adopting a african-american kid.I like how you point out how its uniportant then go on about why it is in your opion.  Most of us with a problem with this is why change a old white guy to black when you coulda had same actor for a better role in that universe?Its a pointless change.Adds nothing to the role.Even with a great actor like they got. In other words a waste of a good actor in a "unimportant" side role.Tho to me if he apears in 1441 comics i dont think hes that uniportant. But golf clap for the 100% over reacting!
    First of all, Caucasians are the world minority. There are more of everyone else then there are of Caucasians. Second no one is going nutty over anything, at best laughter at being entertained by funny comments could be considered a little insensitive, but it is far from "going nutty". Number three I am a realist and I understand that people are going to prefer their own kind over others and give their own kind special privileges, that is just the way things are. Which is why diversity does need to be forced in certain situations. No one is perfect, and to just expect things to happen out of the blue when there is so much evidence to the contrary is very naive. Affermative action did not start for no reason out of the blue, neither did schools for specific ethnicity's or genders or religions. If you don't make an effort to include people they are going to be excluded and then the problem will be even worse.

People are crying about an unimportant side character's race being changed to black, but what was the last real non comedy superhero movie that featured a black male lead?
    Blade trinity(altho some would argue that, that film was a comedy, just unintentionally) about 7 years ago? eversince then we have had superhero movie after superhero movie after superhero movie, All of them white males.

So to cry over an unimportant side character who has no cool powers and is not the main focus seems corny to me.
    Batmanclone152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By Batmanclone152
    @Marshal Victory said:
    @Batmanclone152 said:

@Marshal Victory said:

@cdeoleo said:

As I keep reading this conversation it just make me more and more sad. Come guys I really thought we were past this, guess I was being naive.  Unless the fans are okay with comics wont ever be diverse, it is apparent from yesterday and today that most fans are not okay with Diversity.

Seriously we wount have diversity an fans arent ok with diversity you say? Lets try this the whole forced diveristy , pandering bs then i hope your right but we have diveristy in comics. 

rember http://www.comicvine.com/night-thrasher/29-2098/  an the New Warriors? no? how about  http://www.comicvine.com/patriot/29-2258/ an http://www.comicvine.com/young-avengers/65-40426/ ? 

wait you missed when http://www.comicvine.com/storm/29-1444/ lead the xmen? 

http://www.comicvine.com/shadowhawk/29-5195/  oh wait did you just mean at dc? 

http://www.comicvine.com/mr-terrific/29-19179/ pre newdcu crisis of infinate zero thngy.. 
    http://www.comicvine.com/justice-society-of-america/49-18052/ was pretty diverse 
    http://www.comicvine.com/batwoman/29-9052/ 
    http://www.comicvine.com/renee-montoya/29-3716/ 
    http://www.comicvine.com/teen-titans/65-19081/  an im not even trying hard.  Even the people who run this site is rather diverse./shrug maybe um look around a bit?Just a thought..

Now please kindly direct me in the direction of these character's movies.  oh..... none of them have movies about them you say? No one outside of deep comicbook fans know about any of these characters you say?   The only heroes that actually get any promotion are still white males you say?  hmmm......

Wow nice red herring ignore the shown easy to see diveristy then point over here an say wheres it at!. Not like you can show me perry white other than um old white guy in comics right?

Fine this is your fault! 
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catwoman_(film) so wanted not to link that  .. feel dirty now it was so bad of a movie. 
    so will follow up with some money makers 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_(film
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_2  
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade:_Trinity  

um how about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hancock_(film) ?  
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_(comics) would have had a film but .. 
    "
               In June 1992, Wesley Snipes announced his intention to make a film about the Black Panther. By August, Snipes had begun working on the film. In July 1993, Snipes announced plans to begin The Black Panther after starring in Demolition Man. Snipes said in August 1993, "We have a wide-open field for comic book characters on the big screen and we've yet to have a major black comic book hero on the screen. Especially the Black Panther, which is such a rich, interesting life. It's a dream come true to originate something that nobody's ever seen before." Snipes expressed interest in making sequels to The Black Panther. In January 1994, Snipes entered talks with Columbia Pictures to portray the Black Panther in the film adaptation of the comic book superhero. The following March, Stan Lee joined the development process for a film about the Black Panther. By May, the film was in early development with Columbia Pictures. In January 1996, Stan Lee said that he had not been pleased with the scripts he had encountered for the Black Panther. In July 1997, the Black Panther was listed as part of Marvel Comics' film slate. In March 1998, Marvel hired Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti to work on the Black Panther film adaptation. In August, corporate problems at Marvel had put the Black Panther project on hold. In August 1999, Snipes was set to produce, and possibly star, in the film featuring the Black Panther. In Marvel's June 2000 deal with Artisan Entertainment to develop film and television adaptations, the Black Panther was one of the four names (among Captain America, Thor, and Deadpool) that surfaced. In March 2002, Snipes told Cinescape magazine that he planned to do Blade 3 or Black Panther in 2003. In August 2002, Snipes said he hoped to begin production on Black Panther by 2003. In July 2004, Blade 3 director David S. Goyer said that Wesley Snipes would not likely be Black Panther. "He's already so entrenched as Blade that another Marvel hero might be overkill," said Goyer. In September 2005, Marvel chairman and CEO Avi Arad announced Black Panther as one of the ten Marvel films that would be developed by Marvel Studios and distributed by Paramount Pictures. In June 2006, Snipes told Men's Fitness magazine that much work had been done toward a film adaptation of the Black Panther, and that he hoped to have a director soon. In February 2007, Kevin Feige, president of production for Marvel Studios, stated that Black Panther was on Marvel's development slate. In July 2007, director John Singleton said that he was approached to do Black Panther. In 2009, Marvel attempted to hire a gathering of scribes to help come up with creative ways to launch its lesser-known properties, such as Black Panther, Cable, Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Nighthawk and Vision. In January 2011, Marvel Studios hired documentary filmmaker Mark Bailey to write a script for The Black Panther to be produced by studio head Kevin Fiege. 
    gasp it may hapen yet.. maybe. 

actualy id love to see that an or      http://www.comicvine.com/shang-chi/29-12716/ movie or  http://www.comicvine.com/power-man-and-iron-fist-freedom/37-18426/ 

My point is what is the use of having diversity at all if no one knows about it?

It is great that the characters you mentioned are there but what is the use of having them in one story arc and then not promoting them anymore? None of the characters you mentioned have any movies or tv shows to them self and no one outside of heavy comic book readers knows who they are. If they were really of any importance there would be more behind them don't you think? 

Now juxtapose that with the characters who get movies and tv shows every year: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_movies

How many of those movies or tv shows are about nonwhite,non heterosexual superheroes? See what I mean?

People keep proving my point by bringing up Black Panther and Storm as an example because that is basically all there is......and they don't even have movies yet.
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#371  Edited By SevanGrim
    @Dernman said:
    @cascadeking09:
    @Dernman said: Yes hair being dyed isn't the real thing.  And the acter isn't really who they are playing. 
    You can dye your hair and convince someone your a redhead I have seen plenty of actresses do that. 
    Yes if they do the height thing wrong it messes it up and if they mess it up I'll be right there with you on the complaints so they should do it right.
     Hally berry was a horrible choice as Storm she looked nothing like I pictured her. I thought her accent was horrible and she had the wrong body type. She also lacked that regal quality that Storm has. You can't say fishburn would make a good Perry  because you don't know what Perry Looks like if he was black. 

If I'm hispanic and your doing a movie about me. You better get someone who is Hispanic or make the audience believe is or you really dropped the ball. You want to go to Fishburn and tell him he to do what he has to do to be white. 

You may not think of it as a big issue but to me there is no point of using  a character if you not going to portray that character as is.
    @Grim:  If there is a character in a book described as shy but you make a movie with the character but he not shy but outgoing.  EditI wrote that wrong I meant to say There is nothing offensive about saying its wrong but the change is offensive my apologizes if you read it before edit.

you need to back down from this idea that looks make a character. Time and time again, great movies are made around novels where each reader sees the villain or main protagonist completely different. But the movie comes out with an actor that 80% of the people doesnt think looks like the character they pictured... but they still love the movie. 
      SOME characters are too iconic to change. Superman. Batman. Luke Cage.Staples of the industry or characters who are a staple of their race in the  comics? They should not be altered.  But guys like Nick and Perry's personalities and influences would not change a Lick if they were black. Black men can run a news paper, or be such grand military geniuses that they move from soldier to head of sheild. 
     Fishborn can Act, which means he may very well be playing Perry the EXACT Same way he was portrayed in every other movie. 

this change should not be offensive. i can understand making Barry Allen black being offensive, just as i would be offended if they made Cyborg white. But these cameo appearance supporting cast people? Or Villains who are defined 100% by their origin and NOT by their race? i think they are fair game for a race change in a movie.
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @Batmanclone152
    Its fine you think its corny to want source material honroed.At least you didnt say it was racist.But theirs been expamples of this race changeing before.What realy does it add? how does it make the movie better? 

Are you realy saying here theirs none of you so we will change this guy so you have some one to look up to?But this has been done before 
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(1989_film) Harvey dent was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Dee_Williams   Didnt make or break that film but what did it add? 
    Theirs a examples im not gona link catwoman again .. already sick in rl an that movie was horrid. Was a reporter in one of nolans movies that  was changed to name etc escapes me atm.

Doing this doesnt help make people get along .Hell it divides more. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=43507 shows how bad it can get . they have edited the tread all night.Their was people their posting kkk photos saying those who "didnt like the black guy getn the role were racist".You get the extremes from both sides mostly i see people race bating trying to make some one else look the racist. Such a over used card.So predictable.

Did it make Susan Storm better to be played by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Alba ?Didnt people gripe aobut http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Jackman being way to tall to be wolverine?Filmakers mostly rarely care about source material they just think its ok to rewrite , reinvision an retell.An if you dont like it your a racist,unelightend,knuckle draging, unrealistic,fanboy.

Its more of a waste of a great actor on a side role character with perry white.Its also not my nor your fault theirs not more higher profile characters of difrent backgrounds.That goes to hollywood an the writers union actualy.Time will fix that.You cant force some one to have a change of heart.No more than force people to act human. 

Also hey look  

No Caption Provided

Hope image displays its what the new cosutme looks like for supes.cant tell if hes got the red shorts or not.
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By Chris2KLee

They wanted a commanding actor with strong screen presence. They got that in Lawrence Fishburne. Hopefully they play him more like they have Jim Gordon in the recent Batman films. Probably aware of Superman's secret identity, but to respectful to investigate or expose him.

dorminic_oyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By dorminic_oyh

I don't get what the issue of race is. He's a great actor who can play a deadline rushing boss. He just happens to be black. 

Just like how John Stewart one of the greatest Green Lanterns in history. Who also happens to be black.

GolDEnsPectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By GolDEnsPectre

I dont really see what the problem is with having Laurence Fishburne play Perry White. Its just like when they made Pete Ross on Smallville black or Alicia masters from fantastic four black. If you notice they only change the minor characters skin color in these comic book movies its not like they made Superman, Lois Lane, or Jimmy olsen black.
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#376  Edited By cascadeking09
    @Dernman said:
    @cascadeking09:
    @Dernman said: Yes hair being dyed isn't the real thing.  And the acter isn't really who they are playing. 
    You can dye your hair and convince someone your a redhead I have seen plenty of actresses do that. 
    Yes if they do the height thing wrong it messes it up and if they mess it up I'll be right there with you on the complaints so they should do it right.
     Hally berry was a horrible choice as Storm she looked nothing like I pictured her. I thought her accent was horrible and she had the wrong body type. She also lacked that regal quality that Storm has. You can't say fishburn would make a good Perry  because you don't know what Perry Looks like if he was black. 

We don't know what they were looking for when they chose the role ? We should know what they are looking for. Perry White. Don't know who he is? Look at the source material.
      What popluar white actor do u know that would be willing to play the role, fits the description well, and is the right age? 

I'm not in the business so I do keep a list of actors but  I have seen some good ones and it doesn't have to be a known actor. Lots of times an unknown has been  proven for the job. Sorry but it doesn't show anything but you think their isn't white guy that can do Perry.

Your telling me if a character it's not a huge deal. Then tell me how your going to make Fishburn white because Perry is white. It's not some little tweek. If I'm hispanic and your doing a movie about me. You better get someone who is Hispanic or make the audience believe is or you really dropped the ball. You want to go to Fishburn and tell him he to do what he has to do to be white.  An alternate version of Superman is not superman this is not rocket science. If you have a character that has a  description but don't use that description then your not using that character.  Our sun is called Sol if you replaced it another star its not going to be Sol. Perry has a discretion if your replace that description the it stops being Peryy your can say this or that but Perry is still white. 
    Superman is of the Kryptonian race you change that but he wouldn't be Superman. That's important Perry is white isn't less important. no matter how much you don't want it to be.

Even if they didn't try to make her into a hybrid it wouldn't have made her any less unfil for the role.

As much as you don't want to admit it the visual is a big part of who you are.  They wanted Nic Cage as superman. I don't give a flying whatever if he could play the role. He couldn't fit the role just on looks a lone.

You may not think of it as a big issue but to me there is no point of using  a character if you not going to portray that character as is.
    Ok, it's watever. I don't really care to continue on with this and we're pretty much going in circles with this.
    Wingfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By Wingfoot

Hi ! 

Laurence Fishburne will play Perry White ? It's ok, why not ? Is there a white actor who plays the part of Robbie Robertson in "the Amazing Spider-Man"? No ? Why not ???

Hihane washte.
    Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By kapitein_zeppos

I'm cool with it, I can live with a black Perry White.

Avatar image for do_i_have_to_give_a_name_
    Do I have to give a name?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Mast said:

Heimdall is also known as the White God, I believe. Something like that. That's a bit more of a problem, but Idris was still good in the role.  Casting choices like Michael Clarke Duncan as The Kingpin or Laurence Fishburne as Perry White? These don't matter as much because The Kingpin could easily have been a black man, so could Perry White. Black Panther is a black, African superhero. He cannot be white, at all. The others? Not so much.  -The Mast

Yeah I pretty much agree. With Michael Clark Duncan I found it unnecessary at first, but he suited the role, more so even then any white actors I could think of at the time. Same for Samuel L Jackson. Plus I like the whole dynamic of an actor playing a character based on the actor merged with the original character. With Laurence Fishburn I'll have to wait and see. But really it's (probably) going to be a fairly small role and he's a good actor, so I think he'll suit it just fine and it wouldn't ruin the movie even if he doesn't. 

Edit: I'd never heard of Heimdall before I saw the movie so had no idea he was normally white (Norse mythology should have been a clue I suppose) It was only when checking the character on here I saw that he was. I was like "whatever, that guy who played him's awesome in everything anyway"  Then I saw he was Sif's brother and was like "Oh...weird.." 
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @Wingfoot said:

Hi ! 

Laurence Fishburne will play Perry White ? It's ok, why not ? Is there a white actor who plays the part of Robbie Robertson in "the Amazing Spider-Man"? No ? Why not ???

Hihane washte.

Actualy your talking the new reboot basketball suit spiderman? because http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiderman_film he was played by http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0638056/ Now if the new amazing one is like what you said its one more thing i dont like about the reboot.Stay ture to source material but i looked up what your saying at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0948470/fullcredits#cast an http://www.comicvine.com/robbie-robertson/29-1782/ is NOT listed as a character..
    Wingfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By Wingfoot
    @Marshal Victory

Take it easy pal, it was just a joke...
    Grand_Supremor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By Grand_Supremor
    @helblzer
    Not cool dude, they're tryin to be racially sensitive. If you don't like it just don't go see the movie.
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#383  Edited By cbishop

Why is it so unacceptable to say, "The character is white, so the actor should be white?"  If I write a novel, and tell you that my heroe's boss is from Neptune, but in the second novel, tell you that he's from Mars, is that okay?  Or is that screwing up the character? 

That said, I'm sure that Fishburne's performance will be fine, as it always is, but it takes you out of the story for a bit when the characters aren't cast as close to the comics as possible.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#384  Edited By Mercy_

@helblzer: Watch the language, please. That's the second post of yours I've seen with an f-bomb.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#385  Edited By cyberninja

Pretty interesting, can't wait. 

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By Osiris1428
    Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#387  Edited By Sobe Cin
    @SurelockeHomes

This argument reminds of the New Exiles comic when they introduced Namor. He was black and looked like T'Challa.    But more so- if a white person was cast as Luke Cage or Falcon or Steel people would go ape just as much as you would- you would think black is essential to those characters. It was like everyone griping about a Black Captain America- it's just not done. Now a Black Captain America does not bother me in the slightest as long as the character was Isaiah Bradley- because his story would be awesome to see on screen. But Steve Rogers should be white,  like Sunfire should be japanese and Warpath should be played by an Apache and T'Challa should be black.  I can't see Will Smith as Sunfire or James Gandolfini as Warpath. It's not right. Leonardo DiCaprio would make a poor choice for T'Challa, but as the Black Panther it would not matter in the slightest. Black Panther is title that is passed down, and damn it a white man could one day be in those tights and maybe someday we can look past race and creed and we could se Steve Rogers as a black man, but until then.

But as for Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, fine. I grew up in theatre, they have always cast the right actor for the role. That's how it works. But I would have loved to see Hugh Laurie take on the role like he was meant to years ago.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#388  Edited By Static Shock

@helblzer: You can express your concern without the offensive language. Thanks.

thorwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By thorwhore

Ethnicity should NEVER be a problem in these movies. Its freggin 2011. Welcome to the future, everyone.
    CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By CurbsideProphet
    @Marshal Victory
    I can have my own opinion, and I do. It just happens to be the same as someone whose opinion is different than yours. What if I say "quoted for agreeing?"
    Batmanclone152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By Batmanclone152
    @Marshal Victory said:
    @Batmanclone152
    Its fine you think its corny to want source material honroed.At least you didnt say it was racist.But theirs been expamples of this race changeing before.What realy does it add? how does it make the movie better? 

Are you realy saying here theirs none of you so we will change this guy so you have some one to look up to?But this has been done before 
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(1989_film) Harvey dent was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Dee_Williams   Didnt make or break that film but what did it add? 
    Theirs a examples im not gona link catwoman again .. already sick in rl an that movie was horrid. Was a reporter in one of nolans movies that  was changed to name etc escapes me atm.

Doing this doesnt help make people get along .Hell it divides more. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=43507 shows how bad it can get . they have edited the tread all night.Their was people their posting kkk photos saying those who "didnt like the black guy getn the role were racist".You get the extremes from both sides mostly i see people race bating trying to make some one else look the racist. Such a over used card.So predictable.

Did it make Susan Storm better to be played by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Alba ?Didnt people gripe aobut http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Jackman being way to tall to be wolverine?Filmakers mostly rarely care about source material they just think its ok to rewrite , reinvision an retell.An if you dont like it your a racist,unelightend,knuckle draging, unrealistic,fanboy.

Its more of a waste of a great actor on a side role character with perry white.Its also not my nor your fault theirs not more higher profile characters of difrent backgrounds.That goes to hollywood an the writers union actualy.Time will fix that.You cant force some one to have a change of heart.No more than force people to act human. 

Also hey look  

No Caption Provided
    Hope image displays its what the new cosutme looks like for supes.cant tell if hes got the red shorts or not.
    My whole point is that it does not add anything nor does it take anything away. It is such a tiny and insignificant change that the fact that anyone would still cry about it and then try to correlate it with changing around the race of a well known black main character is ridiculous.

I am more concerned with the fact that Diversity that REALLY counts is not being portrayed. Like the superhero or the love interest being diverse rather than an unimportant side character. But then the same hypocrites saying "well why don't they make a new minority character?" will be the same people who will not buy that character's comic book nor will they go to see and support the movie. This is why Diversity get placed INTO the stuff that they want to see, because they will not support anything else.

It is proven time and time again. And I think you are intelligent enough to know that most of the opposition to small insignificant things like this is due to racism. Not all, but MOST. I feel like if the MAIN character has not been changed around and the story is pretty much still the same, no harm, no foul and people should stfu.

And WOW that picture looks cool, darn it I can't wait for this Superman movie to come out!!! :)
    Westlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392  Edited By Westlife

Is it over? Have we all agreed to disagree? Hopefully the new superman picture will overshadow all of this

Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @Batmanclone152
    Right i get where your coming from an i know i barely in most peoples view, intellegent enuff to respond. But lets look at the history of this.An see how much its helped. 

Years ago girls that i watched over as my own were watching http://www.comicvine.com/catwoman/223-46/ on dvd an got to the sepcial disc with all the background  stuff. By the way girls thought the movie was meh to dumb at times. but they noticed the comic seciton catwoman was cacasian an in the moive not. That In the old tv series their was difrent catwoman including http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eartha_Kitt an asked why was the race changed? 

An ya i told them about same thing as your saying its diversity an it suspoed to make people see the person or actors abilities not their skin.To which they responded why?Later their friends in school belived it was dumb to An those of minority status thougth it was great for them !An made it out to be their gona talke over all the caucasin roles. Not my own worry but you know how kids can be.

Sure these are kids but look at other boards youll see the same mentality.To the girls it didnt make sence .When the oldest read the dark knight returns she said" ok robins a girl here an times passed forward right.?" Ayup i said  what do you think?!She said" what race is Selina Kyle?" i said she looks cacuasin an in the comics shes had a mixed background not clear cut but mostly looks caucasian .She then said wait so in movies an tv they change her race but the comics are difrnet? an in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Returns shes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Pfeiffer an both movies are losely based on the comics.Also in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(1989_film) harvey dent  was  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Dee_Williams but in the books hes caucasin.

Yup i replyed.She said shes loseing intrest in the movies an tv an just wish she read the comics . Rest seems needlessly confusing.. She was 12 around that time if i recall right.Just added the links for clarity by way.

So ya comics are aimed for kids, diviersity suposed to help shape them. An it just turned them off.They have eyes.They ask questions .So it was done in the 60s didnt help a dam thing it was done in star wars didnt help a dam thing .Unicorns didnt come out breaking strawberry flavored rainbow gas ,An all was well.People are peopleThey have eyes.An to some its insulting when you change a story just for change sake. 

Will this change make superman better because of race change? If you say yes id ask you to look deep in the mirror of hypocrisy.At best meaning well , at worst thats actualy racist. 

Id be just as upset if robbie roberson was changed in a spider man film to a white guy.I want comic book movies. Not some enlightend,reinvisioned ,remastered an losely based on a comic film.We had those for years an many/most of those sucked. 

Oh an before any one is ignorant enuff to say that girls racist.Her 2 daughters she had are mixed race.I consider them my grandkids.The ideal is a world where races could get along  an play together.Changing a characters race doesnt further that goal at all.It allows race baiters to have fun tho.An as you said the change realy doesnt matter so then why do it? 

Mark my words in the end the newDCu52 scaddo final zero crisis of infanite thingy will change the dcu an make perry white in the comics black.An if they dont why is dc racist!Will that make others fill good about themselves ?Or will it just add to confusion because of 70 years of back ground thrown out the window.Dcu is like one big elseworld/what-if to me. Their history is laugable.But it will turn off new readers.Seen it with my own eyes. 

Comics tackled many a issue tv wouldnt .To say theirs no diveristy makes me wonder how hard people realy look.Same for tv but if theirs less on their now blame reality tv .As its killing scripted shows. 

P.S. reguarding supermans costume wth does he have scales?Why cant catpain america have bulletproof scale mail like the comics.But superman the bullet proof guy has scale mail look?
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @Osiris1428
    Things to note. Movie Bob didnt call any one who wants source material honored as racist.Also he does point out its a double standard.Then goes with a flawed arguement by makeing an white to black if fixs years of racism most of us wasnt even around for. If you want perfect world he talked about go to the dam hollywood writers union an find out what stick is up their (cough) ...Because their the ones who are not painting with all the colors.

Also note movie bob is mostly left of center politicaly. HIs reviews imho are at least 70% acurate.Their at the very least funny.Mostly.But he hated
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expendables_(2010_film) An has a hard view of what he calls jock culture.Meh .Good to note to hes a big green latern fan an hated the movie .posted the link to that vid while back my self.But capatin america he went geeky nuts over.Loved it in many ways. 

Personaly i respect his opion on movies but i know his background from reading him on various boards.Just like any movie reviewer the final desicion on what they say realy should be up to you, the veiwer.But on the escapist many just blindly follow what he says as the truth.Only going to see movies if he says their cool or not if he doesnt like them. 

Blind faith in the end just leaves one blind.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395  Edited By Osiris1428
    @Marshal Victory said:

@Osiris1428
    Things to note. Movie Bob didnt call any one who wants source material honored as racist.Also he does point out its a double standard.Then goes with a flawed arguement by makeing an white to black if fixs years of racism most of us wasnt even around for. If you want perfect world he talked about go to the dam hollywood writers union an find out what stick is up their (cough) ...Because their the ones who are not painting with all the colors.

Also note movie bob is mostly left of center politicaly. HIs reviews imho are at least 70% acurate.Their at the very least funny.Mostly.But he hated
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expendables_(2010_film) An has a hard view of what he calls jock culture.Meh .Good to note to hes a big green latern fan an hated the movie .posted the link to that vid while back my self.But capatin america he went geeky nuts over.Loved it in many ways.  Personaly i respect his opion on movies but i know his background from reading him on various boards.Just like any movie reviewer the final desicion on what they say realy should be up to you, the veiwer.But on the escapist many just blindly follow what he says as the truth.Only going to see movies if he says their cool or not if he doesnt like them.  Blind faith in the end just leaves one blind.

What the f&*&^% are you going on about...?? 

Most of you weren't around when black cartoon characters were depicted as bug-eyed, big lipped, baboon looking characters, the way Will Eisner depicted Ebony White, the side kick of 1940's comic strip hero The Spirit.
    No Caption Provided

A lot of these characters that are prevalent in comics and pop culture today have been around since those times. Some people of all colors want the characters that they have read since they were little, the characters that before all of these comic book movies when read them, they envisioned what their voices sounded like, how would they move and behave in live action. There is nothing wrong with that. Some people want source material followed the letter. 

In a perfect world, everyone would be able to see themselves in comics, without the need for changes. But this is not a perfect world. We still have racism in this world, and to be honest, a lot of it stems from our past. If this was a perfect world you wouldn't bat an eyelash at seeing Laurence Fishburne play the role of an editor of a news paper, a character created around the 1940's. But you didn't see a lot characters in positions like that back then ,in real life or in film.   

There really isn't that much diversity, and yes, this is a corrective move.  

"Why don't they have black characters in comics played by white actors in film, and wouldn't black people just lose their minds if that were to happen?"

Why would you take water from a shallow well to replenish one that is overflowing? There is an over abundance of white male comic characters, not so much of the other variety. Almost everyone else is underrepresented. And in 1997's 'Spawn' movie, D. B. Sweeney played Terry Fitzgerald. No riots. 
    Terry Fitzgerald was played by white actor D. B. Sweeney 
    Terry Fitzgerald was played by white actor D. B. Sweeney 

Bottom line, LF is a great actor. He has done very well for himself in Hollywood, and I doubt that his portrayal of a secondary character will really take anyone out of the film (the director might). I'm sure his performance will be one of the great things about that film. 
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @Osiris1428
    Ya part of spawn is messed up in the movie as well to because in the comic when he tries to change back he becomes cacuasian in the comic.Id prefered the story board that is the comics . Meet the real al simons by the way nice guy.I was "security" at one event at a comic shop years ago.

As far as what im going on about when i replyed to your vid of movie bob.Just passing information about whoes saying what.His ideal that since its not a perfect world this makes up for that.Just helps put a chips on shoulders that dont need them to being with.Movies bob politics does color his reviews from time to time an they suffer for it. 

No one has said LF is a poor actor.Hes wasted on this part.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397  Edited By Osiris1428
    @Marshal Victory said:
    @Osiris1428: Ya part of spawn is messed up in the movie as well to because in the comic when he tries to change back he becomes cacuasian in the comic.Id prefered the story board that is the comics . Meet the real al simons by the way nice guy.I was "security" at one event at a comic shop years ago. As far as what im going on about when i replyed to your vid of movie bob.Just passing information about whoes saying what.His ideal that since its not a perfect world this makes up for that.Just helps put a chips on shoulders that dont need them to being with.Movies bob politics does color his reviews from time to time an they suffer for it.  No one has said LF is a poor actor.Hes wasted on this part.
    Okay, so you're just another one of those people who feel that the source material must be followed to the letter or you won't be able to enjoy the film. Glad I don't have problem. 

You know, some of you might just be greatly in need of getting laid. Chill out.
    Kim-so

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398  Edited By Kim-so
    Please!!! he is not Perry, Perry is white, what happened to the film's production ?
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @Osiris1428
    No the problem you missed is i said i prefer.Never said i couldnt enjoy a movie that wasnt 100% few are even more than 70%.Sin city is a good example of staying very close an true to source material.it cost 40 mill an made 158 mill world wide boxoffice http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=sincity.htm 
    vs catwoman 100mil budget made 82mill boxoffice world wide http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=catwoman.htm  

Iron man http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ironman.htm seemed to do well an it didnt change characters to much either.Whatever problems you have seeing that movies closer to source material do better box office i would hope isnt one of them.
    SurelockeHomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400  Edited By SurelockeHomes
    @Marshal Victory: The movie casters must not have felt like it was that important, since they casted him(even though movies are notorious for changing material). Besides, we can't change anything about what they did. I, like many others here, am also feeling like this has gone on a while. So I guess we'll agree to disagree.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.